God loves and hates!

God loves and hates!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
16 Dec 18

@divegeester said
Sure, that’s right laddie, you avoid the topic with the poster who actually made the comment that you disagree with...you mind you don’t actually show some principle.
I have voiced my opinion on the matter it’s right there for everyone to read. What are you on about?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
16 Dec 18

@dj2becker said
I have voiced my opinion on the matter it’s right there for everyone to read. What are you on about?
You know exactly what I’m on about you little weasel.
Take it up with KellyJay and show some backbone.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Dec 18
1 edit

@KellyJay

I don't believe it is a person, it is a driving force in our nature we are to resist and crucify.

Well, I cannot deny that the driving force is personified in Genesis 4 and Romans 7 and in Matthew 16.

But I am eager to discuss the remedy of the indwelling Christ. But the personification of the spirit operating in the sons of disobedience is seen on expressions as: seizing the opportunity. Would you say electricity was "seizing the opportunity"?

One would not usually say gravity a force - "seizes opportunity"
One would not usually say magnetism a force - "deceived me" or "dwells" somewhere.

The purpose of Paul so exposing Satan and sin in Romans 7 is to paint a stark clear contrast between that experience and the indwelling of Christ as the Spirit of life in Romans 8.

So to your alarm about how Romans 7 describes a personified sin, Romans 8 is the comforting answer. I take this way rather then not seeing the personification of sin.

If it were a person than it would have god like abilities far greater than
Satan.

I don't think Romans 7 or Genesis 4 or Matthew 16 makes Satan MORE than what he is. It does portray him as powerful. Again, the good news is that Christ as the dispensed God-man into our human spirit is greater.

However this evil spirit of the authority of the air is, Christ has overcome him. Christ is greater. I am not teaching a gospel of "Satan is bigger and greater". I am following Paul's teaching as he lays the ground work for us living by a stronger Person in our spirit - Christ.

For there is now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life has freed me in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and of death.

For that which the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending His own Son in the likeness of the flesh of sin and concerning sin, condemned sin in the flesh." (Rom. 8:1,2)

Christ is stronger. Christ is more powerful.
The law of Christ's life is stronger then the law of the personified sin and death it brings in the fallen body.

Christ is the WHO, - "Who will deliver me from the body of this death".

God’s Holy Spirit can be everywhere at once working in each of us at the
same time as each of us were the only people there.

You don't think that spirit that is operating in the sons of disobedience is not something like that?

I do not mean that Satan has no objective existence as a fallen arch-angel who might be located somewhere. I just do not shrink back from seeing that after sin entered into the world the word of God personifies it. It is indeed working of Satan in millions of sinners around the world simultaneously.

God is not limited by time or
space so we each get God’s full attention always. What you are proposing here
would mean sin could reside in all people at the same time, doing evil to us.

You don't believe that sin resides in all people at the same time since Adam fell?

Evil spirits do that, but one person can receive one or more inside of them, but that same spirit doesn’t fill several different people at the same time. Satan must prowl around seeking whom he may devour, he isn’t omnipresent.

Evil spirits is a problem too. And by noticing the personification of sin I am certainly not saying we should disbelieve in Satan's existence somewhere objectively as is revealed in these verses.

1 Peter 5:8
Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.

This is true too. We are told that Satan entered into Judas. (John 13:27).
So we may believe Satan had some objective existence prowling around and entering a particular person for a particular evil deed.

But still the personification of sin is spoken of in terms of all descendents of Adam, not one at a time but all at the same time wherever they may be.

" .. you once walked [as unsaved unbelievers] according to the age of this world, according to the ruler of the authority of the air,

of the spirit that is now operating in the sons
[plural] of disobedience ... (Eph. 2:2)

Romans 7:5
For while we were living in the flesh, our sinful passions, aroused by the law, were at work in our members to bear fruit for death.

What I see Paul describing here is a purposeful, deceitful, evil, contrarian "person" as a force reacting to God's law in the minds of people.

It is as if an intelligent evil person rises up when the law of the commandment comes to deliberately act against whatever God commands and indeed whatever man in his conscience delights is the good he should live.

Once again, whereas some Christians are alarmed to hear about the personification of Sin, I was relieved. I said "That explains a LOT."

A proper diagnosis is the best thing for the proper healing of a sickness.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Dec 18

@dj2becker said
If God hates sinners and all have sinned it means God hates all of us which is clearly not true because while we were sinners Christ died for us. He did so out of love.
Jesus died for all, He took on all of our sins becoming sin, to pay in full all God requires. Outside of this great salvation unrepentant sinners who thought nothing of their sins will stand before God condemned. Jesus said as much, for God so loved the world He gave. To ignore or refuse God’s salvation means it is rejected therefore it will do all outside of Christ no good. They will not receive God’s Spirit, even those that claim His name, but are not God’s whose walk and words might be religious yet without God, will be cast out. Nothing new here, many who say Lord, Lord will be rejected, and this even though God’s love them.

Moves
16 Dec 18

@kellyjay said
Jesus died for all, He took on all of our sins becoming sin, to pay in full all God requires. Outside of this great salvation unrepentant sinners who thought nothing of their sins will stand before God condemned. Jesus said as much, for God so loved the world He gave. To ignore or refuse God’s salvation means it is rejected therefore it will do all outside of Christ no good. ...[text shortened]... t. Nothing new here, many who say Lord, Lord will be rejected, and this even though God’s love them.
Would you agree that God loves the sinner but hates sin?

Moves
16 Dec 18

@divegeester said
You know exactly what I’m on about you little weasel.
Take it up with KellyJay and show some backbone.
Do you hate the people you refer to as ‘weasels’?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
16 Dec 18

@dj2becker said
Do you hate the people you refer to as ‘weasels’?
Why do you want to know?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Dec 18

@stellspalfie said
Okay, but it still doesn't answer the question.

If an act of terror against a child happens. You do not choose to hate, choice implies conscious decision. When we see or hear of something bad are emotions respond before our consciousness.

So, with God we accept he sits outside of time, regardless he has to either automatically feel emotion or he chooses to feel emotion. Either he is in control of what and when he feels something or he cannot.
God has control, His response to us was sending Jesus Christ, this did a couple of things, it made room for all of us to be saved no matter what we have done. Reason being He took upon Himself all of of sins so the worst and best of us could come. God’s salvation takes care of our sins, if we reject it then its the wrath of God. He is giving us room to repent or not.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
16 Dec 18

@kellyjay said
God has control
KellyJay,

How can you justify your claim on page one that god hates the sinners he also loves?

Moves
16 Dec 18

@kellyjay said
God has control, His response to us was sending Jesus Christ, this did a couple of things, it made room for all of us to be saved no matter what we have done. Reason being He took upon Himself all of of sins so the worst and best of us could come. God’s salvation takes care of our sins, if we reject it then its the wrath of God. He is giving us room to repent or not.
Does God choose how he feels?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Dec 18

@stellspalfie said
Does God choose how he feels?
His reactions are always consistent with His nature which is good. Good does not tolerate evil or wickedness in any degree, which is why God chose to save us, because He knew we couldn’t.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
16 Dec 18

@kellyjay said
His reactions are always consistent with His nature which is good. Good does not tolerate evil or wickedness in any degree, which is why God chose to save us, because He knew we couldn’t.
Hi KellyJay 😉

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
16 Dec 18

@kellyjay said
does not tolerate evil or wickedness in any degree, which is why God chose to save us, because He knew we couldn’t.
1. god tolerates quite a lot of evil.

2. he has not chosen to save me

why not post something truthful?

F

Moves
17 Dec 18

@kellyjay said
God chose to save us, because He knew we couldn’t

He knew we couldn't what?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
17 Dec 18

@wolfgang59 said
1. god tolerates quite a lot of evil.

2. he has not chosen to save me

why not post something truthful?
The way is open for you, you either accept it or not. Being free to choose is a reflection of God not forcing anyone to Him. It also means in the end what ever you do your desires will be granted. With God seeking His ways living in God’s Kingdom, or you seeking your own ways living forever with those consequences.

God is long suffering, and as I said He is giving us room for repentance. Neglecting Christ is a choice as accepting Him.