God murdered....

God murdered....

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
17 Dec 05
2 edits

Originally posted by Tetsujin
No one reads my posts. 🙁
If you want people to react, you can explicitely ask them to. If they keep ignoring you, stay civil and do not yield, my friend .... 🙂

EDIT: There are people in this thread who read your posts ánd react to them ......

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
17 Dec 05

Originally posted by telerion
[b]Many nations at that time were deserving of judgment. That has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not Egypt deserved it. It simply shows the mercy of God toward the other nations.

I see. Your false idol randomly executes subject to his whim. You must have been one of this kids that drew grotesque pictures in your kindergarten class.
...[text shortened]... remember, you are a victim. Poor joelek. 🙁

You hate babies, but I bet you love fetuses. 😉[/b]
What a disgusting post.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
17 Dec 05

Originally posted by Nemesio
That's right. Your 'god' is a barbarian and sicko and my God embraces
compassion and justice.

Thanks for confirming this!

Nemesio
Who is your God ?

m

Moves
17 Dec 05

Whatever happened to "Forgive them their tresspasses, unto seventy times seven"? Was it the 491st sin of each Egyptian that caused God to open such a gargantuan can of whup-ass on them? Please respond, I am somewhat confused on the issue.

K
Strawman

Not Kansas

Moves
17 Dec 05

Originally posted by mufin78man
Whatever happened to "Forgive them their tresspasses, unto seventy times seven"? Was it the 491st sin of each Egyptian that caused God to open such a gargantuan can of whup-ass on them? Please respond, I am somewhat confused on the issue.
Don't ask me, but I think it's a prayer to to be slow to anger and quick to help.

TCE

Colorado

Moves
17 Dec 05

I think most people interpret that passage to mean that Jesus was telling us to always forgive people. Jesus tells us that even our thoughts can be sinful. Any nation I’m sure far exceeds 490 sins.

m

Moves
18 Dec 05

Originally posted by The Chess Express
I think most people interpret that passage to mean that Jesus was telling us to always forgive people. Jesus tells us that even our thoughts can be sinful. Any nation I’m sure far exceeds 490 sins.
The number is not the issue here. I'm saying that if Jesus, whom many people regard as the son of god, told us to be merciful and forgive people even if we really didn't want to then why did god punish Egypt for the actions of her ruler?

TCE

Colorado

Moves
18 Dec 05

The number is not the issue here. I'm saying that if Jesus, whom many people regard as the son of god, told us to be merciful and forgive people even if we really didn't want to then why did god punish Egypt for the actions of her ruler?
Perhaps because the Pharaoh was an evil ruler who enslaved people and didn’t forgive. God set his people free from oppression. There are a number of verses that say God will punish those nations that turn away from him.

m

Moves
18 Dec 05

Perhaps because the Pharaoh was an evil ruler who enslaved people and didn’t forgive. God set his people free from oppression. There are a number of verses that say God will punish those nations that turn away from him.
But if he wanted to do that, why didn't he just pistol-whip Pharoah instead of all of his people.

TCE

Colorado

Moves
18 Dec 05

But if he wanted to do that, why didn't he just pistol-whip Pharoah instead of all of his people.
The people participated in Pharaoh's evil ways. Why do you think many German citizens were killed during WWII? Hitler had convinced them that his final solution made perfect sense.

m

Moves
18 Dec 05

The people participated in Pharaoh's evil ways. Why do you think many German citizens were killed during WWII? Hitler had convinced them that his final solution made perfect sense.
You can't really compare this to WWII. They weren't actually fighting against them, so none of them 'had' to be killed the way Nazi soldiers 'had' to. And in that day and age, only a small fraction of people (the upper class and arisocracy) would have 'participated inhis evil ways'. The majority of people would have been just that, normal people, and would not have had anything to do with their ruler.

TCE

Colorado

Moves
18 Dec 05

You can't really compare this to WWII. They weren't actually fighting against them, so none of them 'had' to be killed the way Nazi soldiers 'had' to. And in that day and age, only a small fraction of people (the upper class and arisocracy) would have 'participated inhis evil ways'. The majority of people would have been just that, normal people, and would not have had anything to do with their ruler.
“Normal people” would have had slaves whom they considered less than human just as the Pharaoh did. American history is a classic example of how everyday citizens of a slave nation are just as twisted and cruel towards their slaves as the policy makers.

m

Moves
18 Dec 05

Only about 11% of U.S. citizens owned slaves when it was legal. Only those who are very rich can afford to buy slaves. True, some of them may have considered themselves superior to their slave class, but you cannot possibly believe that this was true of everybody, and such a blanket punishment on even those who did not own slaves and were not prejudiced is entirely unjust.

TCE

Colorado

Moves
18 Dec 05
1 edit

Only about 11% of U.S. citizens owned slaves when it was legal. Only those who are very rich can afford to buy slaves. True, some of them may have considered themselves superior to their slave class, but you cannot possibly believe that this was true of everybody, and such a blanket punishment on even those who did not own slaves and were not prejudiced is entirely unjust.
Most people saw slaves as inferior. The law afforded many rights to whites and no rights to slaves. Some may have thought differently, but slaves where treated extremely poorly. The scripture says that God will punish those nations that turn away from him and that’s what he did.

When people are born and raised in a society that promotes such things, it becomes ingrained in the public consciousness. This phenomena is part of the reason why suicide bombers are becoming more and more numerous.

People are born and raised to believe that God wants them to blow up as many taxpayers as possible, and they know that their families will be financially rewarded by their government if they do.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
19 Dec 05

Most people saw slaves as inferior. The law afforded many rights to whites and no rights to slaves. Some may have thought differently, but slaves where treated extremely poorly. The scripture says that God will punish those nations that turn away from him and that’s what he did.

When people are born and raised in a society that promotes such th ...[text shortened]... And they know that their families will get financially rewarded by their government if they do.
Please, just spout about the Bible; when you try to talk about history and/or current events you come off as about as knowledgeable as RBHILL.