1. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    30 Oct '13 15:521 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    What proof in that store are you referring too? Something new that has just come out since the last time I asked for proof a few months ago?
    If you want to know about science, read a science book.
  2. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    30 Oct '13 16:232 edits
    "For which the evidence is overwhelming" Oh really? I've been asking for this "evidence" for 50 years and still have not seen it. I'd truely like to see it but nothing so far...

The point is some here say there is no evidence of a God but yet the proof is all around us all including the bodies and life we have.

So they tell us we have no proof an ...[text shortened]... dumb blind luck, when in fact evolutionist have zero proof if even that much with their belief.
    Be honest. What and when was the last scientific book you read on evolution?

Then please explain which parts of the evidence you found unconvincing and why.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    30 Oct '13 18:55
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    Be honest. What and when was the last scientific book you read on evolution?

Then please explain which parts of the evidence you found unconvincing and why.
    Ok. Please direct me to a specific book, chapter and page that NOW has the absolute proof that one "kind" of animal has indeed changed to another "kind" that I can see with my own eyes.
    Lol. Again no cheating though. No words like "we think" or "we suppose" or "maybe" or "it could have", etc ,etc, can be in the description of this new proof. Deal?

I'm not actually trying to change the subject here but just explaining that Christians are flicked off like a tick because you say we can't produce facts and proof when in fact, it is everywhere you can possibly look "including" the fact that all life on this planet does exactly as the Bible says and that is they all reproduce "according to it's kind"..
    But yet never once has anyone or any book ever produced a single fact to even hint that your evolution is indeed real. Never, ever!!!!!!

I'll be waiting as usual......
  4. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    30 Oct '13 21:063 edits
    Ok. Please direct me to a specific book, chapter and page that NOW has the absolute proof that one "kind" of animal has indeed changed to another "kind" that I can see with my own eyes.
    Lol. Again no cheating though. No words like "we think" or "we suppose" or "maybe" or "it could have", etc ,etc, can be in the description of this new proof. Deal?
    ...[text shortened]... en hint that your evolution is indeed real. Never, ever!!!!!!

Deal.

Please read Jerry Coyne's 'Why evolution is true'.

It's not a long book. Reading half an hour a day, I doubt it would take you a month. It provides an account of all the main forms of evidence supporting evolution, which are many and various.

It is jam-packed with facts which support evolution, from sources which include (but are not limited to) the fossil record, biogeography, embryology, vestigial structures, suboptimal design etc, which makes a nonsense of an instantaneous creation model.

So your claim that no one has ever produced a fact to support evolution is patently false. There are dozens in this book.

So, will you do this or not?
  5. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    30 Oct '13 21:18
    Just as I expect I will be waiting for the excuse as to why you can't spend half an hour a day for a month to learn whether evolution is true or not.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 00:09
    Just as I expect I will be waiting for the excuse as to why you can't spend half an hour a day for a month to learn whether evolution is true or not.
    "Please direct me to a specific book, chapter and page that NOW has the absolute proof that one "kind" of animal has indeed changed to another "kind" that I can see with my own eyes."

I believe this is what I asked for. I never said I was going to read a book, so just give me a link to a specific page or two and I'll see this proof.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 00:14
    "Please direct me to a specific book, chapter and page that NOW has the absolute proof that one "kind" of animal has indeed changed to another "kind" that I can see with my own eyes."

I believe this is what I asked for. I never said I was going to read a book, so just give me a link to a specific page or two and I'll see this proof.
    I suspect you don't have enough "faith" to believe in evolution!😉
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 00:22
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I suspect you don't have enough "faith" to believe in evolution!😉
    I guess not...Lol
  9. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 07:271 edit

That is disingenuous.

Name a major scientific theory that you think can be proved on a single page of one book?

You can't, and you knew this was impossible when you posted. Which is what I expected and predicted.

But please stop being hypocritical and complaining you have never seen any evidence supporting evolution, when I have directed you to a layman's guide which sets it all out and you refuse to look at it.

There is evidence on every page. It's all there if you want to read. But you are not interested in the evidence, and you should be honest and admit it, instead of repeating the lie that there is none.
  10. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 07:434 edits
    ...[text shortened]... en hint that your evolution is indeed real. Never, ever!!!!!!

And yes, you can now be flicked off like a tick for the following reason.

Please post the most exhaustive account you like, or link to it, demonstrating the proof of God's existence (by which I mean your God, to the exclusion of all others). I will read it and see if I find it convincing and, if it is, I will acknowledge it. If not, I will explain why I do not find it convincing.

(By the way, if you are minded to accept the challenge, you must promise, if I fulfil my end, but only after, that you will read 'Why evolution is true' and give it a fair chance. See how easy it is to make a commitment that you know you will never have to honour? But it makes the serious point that I am willing to read something that you put in front of me that challenges my beliefs and you are not willing to do the same.)

You, by contrast, will not even spend a few hours reading something that challenges your beliefs.

That is the essential difference between some theists and the scientist. The scientist changes his beliefs to fit the available evidence, the theist interprets or ignores the available evidence to fit his beliefs.

Which is what you have just done.
  11. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 10:46
    And yes, you can now be flicked off like a tick for the following reason.

Please post the most exhaustive account you like, or link to it, demonstrating the proof of God's existence (by which I mean your God, to the exclusion of all others). I will read it and see if I find it convincing and, if it is, I will acknowledge it. If not, I will explain ...[text shortened]... ets or ignores the available evidence to fit his beliefs.

Which is what you have just done.
    Galveston doesn't need to read any books on evolution, he's been studying the subject all his life. Top post.

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=121233&page=12
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 15:22
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Galveston doesn't need to read any books on evolution, he's been studying the subject all his life. Top post.

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=121233&page=12
    Lol. You love that don't you?
    Anyway as I explained before yes I have read much over my 57 years of life and that is something you have no knowledge of at all is it? Do you know what books I read when I was 15 or 31 or 47? No of course you don't.
    So to make such an insinuation that I haven't read anything or very little on evolution is quite silly.
    And don't you also think it is quite silly or a complete waist of ones time to continue reading on a subject such as evolution that still has made no progress at all in trying to prove this "theory" and in fact as each year goes by it's losing ground by the second?
    I think it is a waist....
  13. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 15:47
    Anyway as I explained before yes I have read much over my 57 years of life and that is something you have no knowledge of at all is it? Do you know what books I read when I was 15 or 31 or 47? No of course you don't.
    So to make such an insinuation that I haven't read anything or very little on evolution is quite silly.
    ...[text shortened]... " and in fact as each year goes by it's losing ground by the second?
    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAN IT'S 'WASTE'!!!!!!! NOT WAIST.
  14. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 16:161 edit
    ...[text shortened]... " and in fact as each year goes by it's losing ground by the second?
    The issue is that there is a glaring gaping hole between what you are claiming and what is evidenced by your posts. On one hand you claimed to have 'studied evolution all my life', and yet your posts here clearly show you don't even have a basic, rudimentary understanding of the topic.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 18:28
    Reading half an hour a day, I doubt it would take you a month.
    Either you think he's a slow reader or this is one very long book.

I could probably get through Shogun in 15 hours.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree