1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 00:47
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Not too sure you can justify that using the Bible. If you have any references I would like to see them. The Bible says :

Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it ...[text shortened]... )

Man has their own lust and evil within them. Not sure what Satan has to do with that.
    Yes man from birth inclined to sin. Now it is up to that person to deside how to handle sinning.
    And satan knows this more then any human on this planet and constantly tries us knowing we all have sinful desires from birth.

James 1:14-16

Good News Translation (GNT)

14 But we are tempted when we are drawn away and trapped by our own evil desires. 15 Then our evil desires conceive and give birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.

16 Do not be deceived, my dear friends!
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 01:55
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Yes man from birth inclined to sin. Now it is up to that person to deside how to handle sinning.
    And satan knows this more then any human on this planet and constantly tries us knowing we all have sinful desires from birth.

James 1:14-16

Good News Translation (GNT)

14 But we are tempted when we are drawn away and trapped by our own evil d ...[text shortened]... and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.

16 Do not be deceived, my dear friends!
    Yes, but are we allowed to blame Satan for our sins?
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 02:411 edit
    Yes, we all sin because of satans derailing the paradise God created for a perfect man and woman to live in and eventually have children in.
    As a result we all sin because we've inherited it from Adam and Eve just as the Bible says.
    If that angel that became satan had not turned against God and remained true to him, none of what we have seen humans go thru for centuries would have ever happened.
    So now that we all are sinful from birth we still have the capability to not following thru on our sinful nature and do such things as murder, kill, rape, etc.
    We cannot stop the sins we do everyday, but we can control the "gross sins" that have been committed by many for many centuries against other humans, this planet, and against God himself.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 02:54
    We tend to blame everyone but ourselves.
    Kelly
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 07:00
    Originally posted by whodey

None of us have any trouble seeing Nazi's hang for their atrosities. .
    Speak for yourself.
    I cannot condone killing anyone.
  6. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 07:43
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    You are completely blind to the ways of God and spiritual matters.
    You cannot know spiritual matters, and this bothers you?..

Read the bible.
    If you do not want to contribute to this thread, that's fine.
  7. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 07:46
    John said this of what Christ did in his short stay on earth:

John 21:25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

Not everything is in the Bible.
    That is self-evidently true. But my OP was based on what is contained in the Bible.
  8. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 07:501 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    You give Satan to much credit, he is not something or someone that even
    remotely is an issue to God. It isn't a struggle between the two where he
    is any threat to God what so ever.

Where the struggle is going on is a playing out of good and evil in my
    opinion. I believe if I understand your reason for this thread is actually
    why I believe we see all ...[text shortened]... ke place, a war in Heaven, and the break
    between God and man and the fall out from that.
    Kelly
    Ok, so Satan has not committed any specific crimes that you can think of.
  9. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 07:52
    Satan has been respondsable for every murder that has happened on this planet.
    This is where many do not look at the big picture and realise why man has suffered for centuries. And this all is because of satan and he is doing a fantastic job in fooling most humans into not seeing this and in fact blurring the truth and making many feel it is God who ha ...[text shortened]... planet with deciet and wickedness, not one human would have died on this planet up to this day.
    Not in a human / legal sense, as I asked in my OP.

We don't convict Satan for murder.
  10. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 07:57
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    You know depending on what country you are in the laws change, what is
    lawful in one may not be in another. God does hold lying as a crime, and
    the law it breaks is the same law that say murder is a crime.
    Kelly
    Read my OP again and you will see the terms of my enquiry. If we allow the 'its Ok because God did it' argument, then there is no way to distinguish between God and Satan.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 10:56
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    Ok, so Satan has not committed any specific crimes that you can think of.
    He started a war, and lied to create a breach between God and man, and
    and man.
    Kelly
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 11:13
    Read my OP again and you will see the terms of my enquiry. If we allow the 'its Ok because God did it' argument, then there is no way to distinguish between God and Satan.
    God and Satan are not on equal terms, for one we are in a God created
    universe with rules set by God, not by Satan, or by man. Even using your
    enquiry the rules must be applied to both, God does not lie, nor does He
    tempt us into things that cause us to destroy ourselves, and keep us at
    odds with each other and God.

God being the law giver, sets the rules for everyone, and if people go
    against God the law sets themselves up for punishment. I'm sorry but God
    did it is as real as all the laws of physics since He set them up too, you may
    as well blame God for every time someone burns themselves, or falls off a
    cliff due to God setting up all the laws of the universe.
    Kelly
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 11:24
    "there is no way to distinguish between God and Satan."

Really? So if one does not understand the differences as you seem to be saying is your issue, then that has to be the logical answer to this mystery that you claim?
    Humm?
    The Bible is very clear as to why God immediately put into motion the exact and justified plan needed to correct the damage that satan and Adam & Eve did in the very beginning of mans existance. And the bible is clear as to what and why he did the things throughout history that he has done with the needed direction to correct this damage in a step by step way.
    So to unfairly blame God for the deaths of some wicked humans in the past, "whom God can read hearts and their motives as no human can", is without understanding of why it was done.
    But on the other hand to not understand who satan is and what he has done to the human race is a really bad mistake to make as it shows one has little clue to the dangers that it opens one up too with satan and being blinded by him and actually aligning oneself with him and not God..
  14. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 11:35
    Satan has been respondsable for every murder that has happened on this planet.
    This is where many do not look at the big picture and realise why man has suffered for centuries. And this all is because of satan and he is doing a fantastic job in fooling most humans into not seeing this and in fact blurring the truth and making many feel it is God who ha ...[text shortened]... planet with deciet and wickedness, not one human would have died on this planet up to this day.
    How can you claim that?
    The population of the earth today is around 6 billion people.
    We can barely sustain that amount of people on the planet.
    The Chinese have even gone as far as having a one child family policy.

If all the humans that have ever lived since the dawn of time
    never died and were still here how could the planet sustain that?

Where would they all live? How could there be enough food?

Are you going to tell me that your God will provide for them?
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 15:07
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    How can you claim that?
    The population of the earth today is around 6 billion people.
    We can barely sustain that amount of people on the planet.
    The Chinese have even gone as far as having a one child family policy.

If all the humans that have ever lived since the dawn of time
    never died and were still here how could the planet sustain that?
    ...[text shortened]... How could there be enough food?

Are you going to tell me that your God will provide for them?
    First why is it that the planet can barely sustain the 6 billion that are on it now? Is it because of the planet itself or because of what man has done to it? Do some research first on this as this planet could produce much much more then it does now even with so much land not useable...
    Second we do not know God's original plan as far as the limits that this planet can actually produce if all the surface could produce food, do we?
    And finally we do not know God's original plan with humans reproducing, do we? Maybe at some point we may not have kept reproducing.
    God's command to Adam was to "fill the earth", not over fill it. So yes God did have a plan and he promisses to eventually get back to that plan once satan has been removed as well as all humans who knowingly or unknowingly follow satan.
    The Bible says that eventually at some time in the future "that we will look around for wickedness and it will not be found" and "that food will be in abundness and will be found even to the mountain tops".
    Man has proved that he can't do this and that what we have is very fragile at best.
    So yes it will take Jehovah God to finally provide what we need. Do you think he can't?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree