God v Satan

God v Satan

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nil desperandum

Seedy piano bar

Moves
29 Oct 13

Originally posted by galveston75
Yep, you know (((( 0 )))) about the Bible....
Assumption, assumption, assumption. Oh dear.........

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Oct 13
4 edits

Rank outsider, (who is now an insider)

I also think that, if Satan is really devious, as suggested in the Bible, the one thing he would try and do is convince us he is God.

Do you think that is what is strongly implied in the Lucifer's initial thrust to exalt himself above God in Isaiah 14 ?

" How you have fallen from heaven O Daystar, son of the dawn ... you said in your heart:
I will ascend to heaven; Above the stars of God I will exalt my throne.
And I will sit upon the mount of assembly in the uttermost parts of the north. I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High." (Isa. 14:12a,13,14)

You think maybe that was an attempt to first convince the universe that he (Satan) is God instead of God ?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
29 Oct 13

Originally posted by Pianoman1
Why would I revert to a fairy tale if I wanted to find the truth? God and Satan are man-made constructs to explain good and evil.
I would suggest you just ignore all conversation about scripture since you
not only don't believe, you do not know the subject matter, and you have
so a low view of anyone who does you automatically accuse them in your
mind of being a low life child abuser.
Kelly

Nil desperandum

Seedy piano bar

Moves
29 Oct 13

Originally posted by KellyJay
I would suggest you just ignore all conversation about scripture since you
not only don't believe, you do not know the subject matter, and you have
so a low view of anyone who does you automatically accuse them in your
mind of being a low life child abuser.
Kelly
Come on, Kelly Jay, that was a bit below the belt! You know perfectly well that I have never accused theists of being child abusers. Flinging these wild statements around belittles you and demeans honest debate. To refresh your memory what I said was: "To warp young minds with the staggeringly ignorant dictum that faith is more important than evidence is more harmful than abuse." You know perfectlly well that I am referring to the Young Earth creationists who appear to be more interested in desperately trying to corroborate a fable written 4,000 years ago by a wandering desert tribesman than opening children's minds to truth. Please keep your eye on the ball, remain courteous at all times and debate with sincerity and rigour.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
29 Oct 13

Come on, Kelly Jay, that was a bit below the belt! You know perfectly well that I have never accused theists of being child abusers. Flinging these wild statements around belittles you and demeans honest debate. To refresh your memory what I said was: "To warp young minds with the staggeringly ignorant dictum that faith is more important than evidence is ...[text shortened]... e keep your eye on the ball, remain courteous at all times and debate with sincerity and rigour.
It is easy to open childrens minds to the truth. It is adults who have been indoctrinated with the lies of evilution and atheism that have minds that are difficult to open to the truth.

The Instructor

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
29 Oct 13

[b]The breaking with the truth was huge, that break caused all the death and
destruction, and all the fall out where people now lost their connection with
God and each other, so our focus in life isn't any longer on the love of
either, but instead selfish desires

This is merely conjecture. Where is your evidence?

No one can lie under oath [ ...[text shortened]... ly works.

None of your thesis has any merit. It is all conjecture. Faith. Gobbledygook. Tosh.
You keep asking for evidence, but I'm asuming you believe in evolution?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
29 Oct 13
1 edit

Come on, Kelly Jay, that was a bit below the belt! You know perfectly well that I have never accused theists of being child abusers. Flinging these wild statements around belittles you and demeans honest debate. To refresh your memory what I said was: "To warp young minds with the staggeringly ignorant dictum that faith is more important than evidence is ...[text shortened]... e keep your eye on the ball, remain courteous at all times and debate with sincerity and rigour.
I don't think it is below the belt, you've made yourself quite clear how you
view anyone you disagree with when it comes to sharing with one's own
children, or views about creation and the great I don't know of science when
it comes to the beginning. Since I do believe in a young earth and the
creation story, you belittle me over and over in several different statements
you have made here leaves me believing you have zero sincerity for
discussion, your lack social of graces when speaking in mix company of
those with different views is sad. My statements have been directed to you
for specific things you have said, not some blanket view point against a
block of people I disagree with. So I have little respect for you, and frankly
do not care what your views are about anything, you can take that however
you want it.
Kelly

Nil desperandum

Seedy piano bar

Moves
30 Oct 13

Originally posted by KellyJay
I don't think it is below the belt, you've made yourself quite clear how you
view anyone you disagree with when it comes to sharing with one's own
children, or views about creation and the great I don't know of science when
it comes to the beginning. Since I do believe in a young earth and the
creation story, you belittle me over and over in several dif ...[text shortened]...
do not care what your views are about anything, you can take that however
you want it.
Kelly
I rest my case!

Nil desperandum

Seedy piano bar

Moves
30 Oct 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
It is easy to open childrens minds to the truth. It is adults who have been indoctrinated with the lies of evilution and atheism that have minds that are difficult to open to the truth.

The Instructor
RJH - that is the truest thing you have said.

I bow to you.

Ro

Moves
30 Oct 13
1 edit

You keep asking for evidence, but I'm asuming you believe in evolution?
For which the evidence is overwhelming.

On the debates forum, there is a particularly offensive thread about the Sandy Hook killings being faked by the anti-gun lobby.

Most rational people would recognise that attempting to keep this conspiracy a secret amongst the hundreds of people that would need to be involved would be impossible.

However, this pales into comparison compared to the thousands of expert scientists (ie not the 'Ph.Ds' you see on creationist websites who were awarded their Ph.Ds by the organisation running the website), including many Christians, who are all apparently mistaken about evolution.

Which leaves a number of possibilities:

1 It is a conspiracy on the scale mankind has never been been able to perpetrate before.

2 The evidence does indeed support evolution, but God is just deliberately deceiving us.

3 All these eminent scientists have just got it wrong. Remember that when you are taking those drugs, in hospital for an operation etc. These guys and gals are all imbeciles who have studied something for over a hundred years, conducted tens of thousands of experiments, have reconfirmed using emergent technology, had this all peer reviewed to the death, all of which supports evolution.

What do the YECs have to counter this? RJHinds and a few YouTube clips.

Excuse me if I place my faith elsewhere.

Ro

Moves
30 Oct 13

Originally posted by sonship
Rank outsider, (who is now an insider)

I also think that, if Satan is really devious, as suggested in the Bible, the one thing he would try and do is convince us he is God.

Do you think that is what is strongly implied in the Lucifer's initial thrust to exalt himself above God in [b]Isaiah 14
?

" How you have fallen fro ...[text shortened]... maybe that was an attempt to first convince the universe that he (Satan) is God instead of God ?
What do you mean by 'who is now an insider'?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Oct 13

Why, you're now an esteemed regular here. One of the good -ole-boys among the skeptics.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
30 Oct 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Rank outsider
For which the evidence is overwhelming.

On the debates forum, there is a particularly offensive thread about the Sandy Hook killings being faked by the anti-gun lobby.

Most rational people would recognise that attempting to keep this conspiracy a secret amongst the hundreds of people that would need to be involved would be impossible.

However, ...[text shortened]... e to counter this? RJHinds and a few YouTube clips.

Excuse me if I place my faith elsewhere.
"For which the evidence is overwhelming" Oh really? I've been asking for this "evidence" for 50 years and still have not seen it. I'd truely like to see it but nothing so far...

The point is some here say there is no evidence of a God but yet the proof is all around us all including the bodies and life we have.

So they tell us we have no proof and yet the man made doctrine of evolution has 0 proof (not one find of "a kind changing into another kind"😉 ever, no matter how all the cartoonish pictures and cartoonish videos make it look like it is so.

Watched some ignorant cartoon of how buffalo turned into a buffalo from some rat looking thing and during this time according to this childlike video man was suposed to be evolving too. But no artist rendering of this process for humans but yet, just all of a sudden man was there riding on the back of this evolving buffalo. Guess they couldn't come up with an idea that would make sense for man to be changing for that one.

So don't ask us for proof when first you ignor all that is around you and just accept that it all happened by some dumb blind luck, when in fact evolutionist have zero proof if even that much with their belief.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
30 Oct 13

"For which the evidence is overwhelming" Oh really? I've been asking for this "evidence" for 50 years and still have not seen it. I'd truely like to see it but nothing so far...

The point is some here say there is no evidence of a God but yet the proof is all around us all including the bodies and life we have.

So they tell us we have no proof an ...[text shortened]... dumb blind luck, when in fact evolutionist have zero proof if even that much with their belief.
Oh really? I've been asking for this "evidence" for 50 years and still have not seen it. I'd truely like to see it but nothing so far...

Try the 'popular science' section of your local bookstore.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
30 Oct 13

Originally posted by Proper Knob
[b] Oh really? I've been asking for this "evidence" for 50 years and still have not seen it. I'd truely like to see it but nothing so far...

Try the 'popular science' section of your local bookstore.[/b]
What proof in that store are you referring too? Something new that has just come out since the last time I asked for proof a few months ago?