1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Oct '13 20:372 edits
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    Calling someone a liar is not a crime. It may be slanderous.

Is that the worse anyone can some up with against Satan?
    No, he's probably a nice guy once you get to know him...😉
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Oct '13 21:271 edit
    Can we stick to the point? You said Satan promoted various crimes. Can you support that contention from scripture or not?
    If you really want to know his crimes it is written in the Book Of Enoch [its available on the internet].The Bible does not contain all these petty details. In a nutshell Satan led a rebellion against God. He and several dozen angels came down to Earth because they were attracted to the women. So they bred them and created a race of giants. They also taught the men how to make weapons of war and encouraged them in various kinds of evil. [Thats why God killed out everything in the flood .. lock stock and barrel.] If you want to know how true it is, the only way might be to do some time-travelling and see it for yourself. 🙂
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Oct '13 21:451 edit
    I understand that the arch enemy of God is Satan. What I have never understood is why Satan is seen as so bad.

I also think that, if Satan is really devious, as suggested in the Bible, the one thing he would try and do is convince us he is God.

To put some objectivity on this, please list all the things that God does or condones as evidenced b ...[text shortened]... without hope of parole
    7 Torture

Satan

Can't think of any at the moment.

Over to you.
    Really? Can't think of anything for satan? Seems to be some serious misunderstanding about God and satan here.

So really no concept that ALL the bad in the world is caused by satan but yet you can't think of anything?

John 8:44

Good News Translation (GNT)

44 You are the children of your father, the Devil, and you want to follow your father's desires. From the very beginning he was a murderer and has never been on the side of truth, because there is no truth in him. When he tells a lie, he is only doing what is natural to him, because he is a liar and the father of all lies.
  4. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    27 Oct '13 22:071 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Really? Can't think of anything for satan? Seems to be some serious misunderstanding about God and satan here.

So really no concept that ALL the bad in the world is caused by satan but yet you can't think of anything?

John 8:44

Good News Translation (GNT)

44 You are the children of your father, the Devil, and you want to follow your f ...[text shortened]... a lie, he is only doing what is natural to him, because he is a liar and the father of all lies.
    Who did Satan murder?

And as I said before, telling lies is no crime.
  5. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    27 Oct '13 22:091 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    If you really want to know his crimes it is written in the Book Of Enoch [its available on the internet].The Bible does not contain all these petty details. In a nutshell Satan led a rebellion against God. He and several dozen angels came down to Earth because they were attracted to the women. So they bred them and created a race of giants. They also taught ...[text shortened]... now how true it is, the only way might be to do some time-travelling and see it for yourself. 🙂
    Unfortunately that is not in the Bible. If it were perfect word of God, it would be. So I can't really trust it, can I?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Oct '13 22:15
    This is the wisdom of the world ....
    Satan is good
    God is evil..
  7. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    27 Oct '13 22:20
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    This is the wisdom of the world ....
    Satan is good
    God is evil..
    No, I never argued that.

But so far the only alleged offences that the Bible seems to attribute to Satan is telling some lies and a (as yet) unsubstantiated claim of murder.

It's not a lot to go on. Yet the crimes of God are extensive and manifest.

And if any if these had been attributed to Satan you would be queuing up to cite them as evidence of his evil.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Oct '13 23:03
    No, I never argued that.

But so far the only alleged offences that the Bible seems to attribute to Satan is telling some lies and a (as yet) unsubstantiated claim of murder.

It's not a lot to go on. Yet the crimes of God are extensive and manifest.

And if any if these had been attributed to Satan you would be queuing up to cite them as evidence of his evil.
    You are completely blind to the ways of God and spiritual matters.
    You cannot know spiritual matters, and this bothers you?..

Read the bible.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Oct '13 23:31
    Unfortunately that is not in the Bible. If it were perfect word of God, it would be. So I can't really trust it, can I?
    John said this of what Christ did in his short stay on earth:

John 21:25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

Not everything is in the Bible.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Oct '13 23:331 edit
    I understand that the arch enemy of God is Satan. What I have never understood is why Satan is seen as so bad.

I also think that, if Satan is really devious, as suggested in the Bible, the one thing he would try and do is convince us he is God.

To put some objectivity on this, please list all the things that God does or condones as evidenced b ...[text shortened]... without hope of parole
    7 Torture

Satan

Can't think of any at the moment.

Over to you.
    You give Satan to much credit, he is not something or someone that even
    remotely is an issue to God. It isn't a struggle between the two where he
    is any threat to God what so ever.

Where the struggle is going on is a playing out of good and evil in my
    opinion. I believe if I understand your reason for this thread is actually
    why I believe we see all the issues so far in this thread.

What I believe is you have to start where God started which was create
    a universe that was called, very good. This is the work of God, when we
    see Satan enter a few things take place, a war in Heaven, and the break
    between God and man and the fall out from that.
    Kelly
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Oct '13 23:33
    Who did Satan murder?

Satan has been respondsable for every murder that has happened on this planet.
    This is where many do not look at the big picture and realise why man has suffered for centuries. And this all is because of satan and he is doing a fantastic job in fooling most humans into not seeing this and in fact blurring the truth and making many feel it is God who has been gulity of the things many here are accusing him of.
    If satan had not rebelled against God and infected the whole planet with deciet and wickedness, not one human would have died on this planet up to this day.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Oct '13 23:52
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Satan has been respondsable for every murder that has happened on this planet.
    This is where many do not look at the big picture and realise why man has suffered for centuries. And this all is because of satan and he is doing a fantastic job in fooling most humans into not seeing this and in fact blurring the truth and making many feel it is God who ha ...[text shortened]... planet with deciet and wickedness, not one human would have died on this planet up to this day.
    Not too sure you can justify that using the Bible. If you have any references I would like to see them. The Bible says :

Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death. (James 1:13-15 KJV)

Man has their own lust and evil within them. Not sure what Satan has to do with that.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 00:28
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Not too sure you can justify that using the Bible. If you have any references I would like to see them. The Bible says :

Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it ...[text shortened]... )

Man has their own lust and evil within them. Not sure what Satan has to do with that.
    Well, golly....I wonder how it got IN man?
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 00:39
    Who did Satan murder?

You know depending on what country you are in the laws change, what is
    lawful in one may not be in another. God does hold lying as a crime, and
    the law it breaks is the same law that say murder is a crime.
    Kelly
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 00:45
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Well, golly....I wonder how it got IN man?
    Free will.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree