1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Dec '12 17:50
    I hope you gun people ar watching the news this morning with children being killed at their school.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Dec '12 17:59
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I hope you gun people ar watching the news this morning with children being killed at their school.
    "At least 12 people, including children, are reported to have died in a shooting attack at a primary school in the US state of Connecticut, US media says."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-20730717

Stories like this certainly lend weight to the argument that ordinary law abiding people should have the right to own firearms so as to be able to protect themselves against killers like these.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Dec '12 18:002 edits
    27 dead apparently.

http://news.sky.com/story/1025646/school-shooting-in-connecticut-kills-27

However to the point of your post Galveston, which is about banning guns; how much murder has been done in the name of religion; are you saying religion should be banned?
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Dec '12 18:08
    Absolutely horrible....
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Dec '12 18:11
    Absolutely horrible....
    Of course. But you might want to expand on what you want to say to those you refer to as "you gun people". Could one good shot by one of these "gun people" at the beginning of this absolutely horrible incident have saved the lives of as many as 26 or 27 children?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Dec '12 18:12
    Absolutely horrible....
    Of course.

However to the point of your post Galveston, which is about banning guns; how much murder has been done in the name of religion; are you saying religion should be banned?
  7. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    14 Dec '12 18:37
    The gun did not kill those children. A very deranged individual did. It could have been done with any number of weapons. There is a deeper issue here other than guns, I would dare say that it is a spiritual matter. Would you agree?
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    14 Dec '12 18:371 edit
    These events wear away at the human spirit. They seem uncontrollable. They challenge our hopes and dreams that there can be a world of love and care. We know it will happen again. It is time once again to grieve. The least we can do is be loving and caring to those around us. Let us start our response with this.
  9. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    14 Dec '12 18:38
    Originally posted by boonon
    The gun did not kill those children. A very deranged individual did. It could have been done with any number of weapons. There is a deeper issue here other than guns, I would dare say that it is a spiritual matter. Would you agree?
    It is very unlikely he would have been as successful at killing as many as he did without a gun. Let's not pretend that guns are irrelevant.
  10. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    14 Dec '12 18:43
    Originally posted by boonon
    As usual, guns seem to be an irrelevant ingredient in the almost daily mass shootings we seem to be experiencing. Funny how that works.
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    14 Dec '12 18:49
    Originally posted by FMF
    Of course. But you might want to expand on what you want to say to those you refer to as "you gun people". Could one good shot by one of these "gun people" at the beginning of this absolutely horrible incident have saved the lives of as many as 26 or 27 children?
    With the awkward phrasing, seems like G75 could be on either side of this issue.

Are you going on something other than the OP?
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Dec '12 19:03
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    With the awkward phrasing, seems like G75 could be on either side of this issue.

Are you going on something other than the OP?
    My opinion is I hate guns period and wish they had never been invented.

Now that they are here it is simply too convienent and deadly for idiots and mentally ill people to use them in this kind of butchering of humans.
    Sure if this bozo and the one that just killed 2 at the Mall ( his gun fortunently jammed or it would have been much worse ) 5 miles from where I live and have been to many times, could use a bat, and knife or whatever else their sick minds could use, would never do the damage a gun can do. And everyone knows it.
  13. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    14 Dec '12 19:41
    My opinion is I hate guns period and wish they had never been invented.

Now that they are here it is simply too convienent and deadly for idiots and mentally ill people to use them in this kind of butchering of humans.
    Sure if this bozo and the one that just killed 2 at the Mall ( his gun fortunently jammed or it would have been much worse ) 5 mil ...[text shortened]... else their sick minds could use, would never do the damage a gun can do. And everyone knows it.
    What would you expect when you Americans want to defend the 2nd amendment
    to the letter, not only refusing to give it up but even refusing proper controls.

Outside of fundamentalist Muslim sects, there are more whackos
    with guns freely available to them in America than any other country in the whole world.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Dec '12 19:52
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    What would you expect when you Americans want to defend the 2nd amendment
    to the letter, not only refusing to give it up but even refusing proper controls.

Outside of fundamentalist Muslim sects, there are more whackos
    with guns freely available to them in America than any other country in the whole world.
    When that amendment was written, it was a different world. Obviously no one who wrote that law knew how things would change in the future.
    But they have and with the crazy state this country is in, the gun laws are not working and we now see the result of that.
  15. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    14 Dec '12 19:57
    When that amendment was written, it was a different world. Obviously no one who wrote that law knew how things would change in the future.
    But they have and with the crazy state this country is in, the gun laws are not working and we now see the result of that.
    I don't understand why they have not brought in
    more controls, especially after similar incidents.
    The Government should have learned this lesson
    long ago. It does not matter who is in charge
    be they Republican or Democrat, more controls
    are needed to prevent whackos like this guy from
    getting their hands on guns.

The NRA and similar gun lobbys have a lot
    to answer for.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree