Hardening of heart.

Hardening of heart.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Aug 17

Originally posted by @chaney3
If God hardens your heart, do you have a choice?
Yes, make the right choice.

c

Moves
22 Aug 17

Originally posted by @kellyjay
Yes, make the right choice.
If God hardens your heart, then your choice is gone.

Why are you missing this? Why are you ignoring this KellyJay?

You need to pay attention, answer the question, and STOP trying to be God's attorney.

You are missing the point. Over and over and over and over.

c

Moves
22 Aug 17

If God hardens your heart, and you act on that basis, then you are not responsible for that action.

Do you get that?

Pharaoh was not responsible for the plagues....God was.

Moves
22 Aug 17
1 edit

You need to pay attention, answer the question, and STOP trying to be God's attorney.

In the case of Pharaoh God only hardened his heart after he had continually hardened his own. So you have a choice up to a point, if you keep making the wrong choices you may reach a point of no return, where God hands you over totally to your sinful nature.

E

Moves
22 Aug 17

What are you talking about now?
We are all called, Jesus died for all of our sins. No one can come to Jesus unless the
Father draws them. Yet not everyone answers the call, so not everyone is going to get
saved. You as I pointed out act more like a stumbling block, attempting to keep as many
away from Jesus Christ than pointing them to Him. You upset p ...[text shortened]... im to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.
Yet everyone isn't able tp respond to the call. God created people as they are.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Aug 17

You have the ability to choose, quit bitching, and do the right thing. Be responsible for your
own life. The hardening of the heart happens as we resist, you can let it continue, in
which case it will get to the point you no longer hear God's call, or repent. I'm not ignoring
this, but I'm done repeating myself to you, this isn't rocket science.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
22 Aug 17

You hit one nail on the head: God NEEDS an attorney. It has 100,000,000 deaths to answer for after all that intervention with the pharaohs and such, yet come century 19,20,21, nothting. It should be in court answering charges of human neglect. Maybe it will cop an insanity plea.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Aug 17

Originally posted by @eladar
Yet everyone isn't able tp respond to the call. God created people as they are.
That is right out of the pits of Hell, you and your NASTY doctrine.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Aug 17

Originally posted by @sonhouse
You hit one nail on the head: God NEEDS an attorney. It has 100,000,000 deaths to answer for after all that intervention with the pharaohs and such, yet come century 19,20,21, nothting. It should be in court answering charges of human neglect. Maybe it will cop an insanity plea.
The trial is coming, you'll be there to make your case too.

E

Moves
22 Aug 17

Originally posted by @dj2becker
In the case of Pharaoh God only hardened his heart after he had continually hardened his own. So you have a choice up to a point, if you keep making the wrong choices you may reach a point of no return, where God hands you over totally to your sinful nature.
Quote from the Bible please.

E

Moves
22 Aug 17
1 edit

That is right out of the pits of Hell, you and your NASTY doctrine.
If you want to call the Bible the pits of hell that is up to you.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Aug 17

If you want to call the Bible the pits of hell that is up to you.
Not the Bible, YOUR doctrine, because they are not the same thing.

E

Moves
22 Aug 17

Not the Bible, YOUR doctrine, because they are not the same thing.
Yet, before the twins were born or had done anything good or bad—in order that God’s purpose in election might stand: 12 not by works but by him who calls—she was told, “The older will serve the younger.”[d] 13 Just as it is written: “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.”[e]

14 What then shall we say? Is God unjust? Not at all! 15 For he says to Moses,

“I will have mercy on whom I have mercy,
and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.”[f]
16 It does not, therefore, depend on human desire or effort, but on God’s mercy. 17 For Scripture says to Pharaoh: “I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.”[g] 18 Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden.

19 One of you will say to me: “Then why does God still blame us? For who is able to resist his will?” 20 But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God? “Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, ‘Why did you make me like this?’”[h] 21 Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Aug 17

Yet, before the twins were born or had done anything good or bad—in order that God’s purpose in election might stand: 12 not by works but by him who calls—she was told, “The older will serve the younger.”[d] 13 Just as it is written: “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.”[e]

14 What then shall we say? Is God unjust? Not at all! 15 For he says to Moses,

“I ...[text shortened]... to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use?
Yes, the promises were to go through Jacob, just as they were to go through Isaac and
not Ishmael. God will have mercy on whom He will have mercy. From one who insults
Jesus at every turn, you should be more worried about your heart than others.

Luke 19:40-42 English Standard Version (ESV)
40 He answered, “I tell you, if these were silent, the very stones would cry out.”
Jesus Weeps over Jerusalem
41 And when he drew near and saw the city, he wept over it, 42 saying, “Would that you, even you, had known on this day the things that make for peace! But now they are hidden from your eyes.

He opened the door for us, so we all can be saved, but few will be. You are a stumbling
block to some, and their blood I can only imagine will required from God from you.

E

Moves
22 Aug 17
2 edits

Yes, the promises were to go through Jacob, just as they were to go through Isaac and
not Ishmael. God will have mercy on whom He will have mercy. From one who insults
Jesus at every turn, you should be more worried about your heart than others.

Luke 19:40-42 English Standard Version (ESV)
40 He answered, “I tell you, if these were silent, the very s ...[text shortened]... a stumbling
block to some, and their blood I can only imagine will required from God from you.
I simply state what the Bible states. To call what Jesus said or did evil os on the heart of the individual. If your heart tells you that what Jesus did was wrong then you need to deal with that within yourself.