Hardening of heart.

Hardening of heart.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
24 Aug 17

Originally posted by @kellyjay
John 3:16 maybe you heard of that verse?
Who is to say that all of those who do believe were not created by God specifically to believe?

As Paul described it, God creates both noble and common from the same clay.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Aug 17

Originally posted by @eladar
Who is to say that all of those who do believe were not created by God specifically to believe?

Why are not responding to my answer instead of repeating your question.

E

Moves
24 Aug 17
1 edit

Why are not responding to my answer instead of repeating your question.
I am responding to your question.

God so loved the world that he gave his only son.

The net result is only a very few benefit from Jesus' sacrifice. For most people, Jesus' sacrifice doesn't change a thing.

Moves
24 Aug 17
1 edit

I am responding to your question.

God so loved the world that he gave his only son.

The net result is only a very few benefit from Jesus' sacrifice. For most people, Jesus' sacrifice doesn't change a thing.
Does the word 'whosoever' apply to everyone or only a select few?

E

Moves
24 Aug 17

Originally posted by @dj2becker
Does the word 'whosoever' apply to everyone or only a select few?
It means only those who do. The topic is not about that. The topic is what causes one to follow God as opposed to rejecting God.

Of course there is also the subset of those who reject God, but believe they accept him. These are people who believe a lie.

Moves
24 Aug 17

It means only those who do. The topic is not about that. The topic is what causes one to follow God as opposed to rejecting God.

Of course there is also the subset of those who reject God, but believe they accept him. These are people who believe a lie.
So if I said whosoever wants to come to my wedding may do so, would this be an open invitation to everyone or only to a select few?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Aug 17

Yes, whosoever will is not the same thing as ONLY God is picking who He wants without
us at all. His will is just that, not sure why you seem to reject it.

E

Moves
24 Aug 17

So if I said whosoever wants to come to my wedding may do so, would this be an open invitation to everyone or only to a select few?
Did you create the people who you are inviting? Could you write the desire to come to your wedding on their hearts?

E

Moves
24 Aug 17
1 edit

Yes, whosoever will is not the same thing as ONLY God is picking who He wants without
us at all. His will is just that, not sure why you seem to reject it.
I never said it did. The evidence fpr predestination is on romans 9. The scripture you brought up simply does not contradict romans 9.

Moves
24 Aug 17
3 edits

Did you create the people who you are inviting? Could you write the desire to come to your wedding on their hearts?
So you are saying that God is tricking us into believing we have free will when actually we don't? 🙄

I asked you this before and you dodged it. If we have no free will, where did evil come from if not from our own choosing? Did God predestine Adam to sin? Or did Adam choose to disobey God?

E

Moves
24 Aug 17

So you are saying that God is tricking us into believing we have free will when actually we don't? 🙄

I asked you this before and you dodged it. If we have no free will, where did evil come from if not from our own choosing? Did God predestine Adam to sin? Sorry but that makes no sense.
No, he is not tricking. You are simply making a faulty assumption. Funny how you think rhe only way you cpuld have a false belief based om faulty assumption is for God to trick you.

Is it tricking people for God to write his truth in some hearts and not others?

Moves
24 Aug 17
1 edit

No, he is not tricking. You are simply making a faulty assumption. Funny how you think rhe only way you cpuld have a false belief based om faulty assumption is for God to trick you.

Is it tricking people for God to write his truth in some hearts and not others?
Is it fair if no one has a choice? How is it fair if God created someone to be damned regardless of what they do?

E

Moves
24 Aug 17

Is it fair if no one has a choice? How is it fair if God created someone to be damned regardless of what they do?
19 One of you will say to me: “Then why does God still blame us? For who is able to resist his will?” 20 But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God? “Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, ‘Why did you make me like this?’”[h] 21 Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use?

Moves
24 Aug 17

19 One of you will say to me: “Then why does God still blame us? For who is able to resist his will?” 20 But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God? “Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, ‘Why did you make me like this?’”[h] 21 Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use?
So in your mind 'common use' means damnation? 🙄

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
24 Aug 17

Still thinking you're one of the elect, eh?