06 Jul '06
    Moves
    23 Sep '06 04:16
    who made hell, God or Lucifer?
  2. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    23 Sep '06 04:25
    i have more questions depending on the answer.
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 Sep '06 13:112 edits
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    i have more questions depending on the answer.
    Hell is the same as the word Hades. Strickly speaking Hell or Hades is just the realm of the dead human beings - all of them. I said ALL dead human beings go to Hades (or Hell).

That would include both those who believe is God and have been saved through Christ and those who do not believe in God or who have not been saved. All when they die, have their immaterial part of their being, depart to Hades.

That means that if someone wanted to say "All the dead Christians are in Hell" he would be actually correct. That is correct in a "non-traditional" way. For Hell is Hades, just the realm of the departed immaterial portion of man's being.

What has grown up as a kind of tradition is that Hell means a firey torment against the departed souls of the wicked. Strickly speaking Hades (or Hell) seems to be composed of two compartments. Or at least two that we are told about in the Bible.

One part of Hades is comfortable and is described as Paradise or Abraham's Bosom. There the saved believers are comfortable in their immaterial soul and spirit. And the other compartment that we are told about is a place of torment and the suffering of the soul and spirit.

So Hell or Hades is of a comfortable section and an uncomfortable section depending upon whether God has saved one or not.

In the end of the Bible Death and its place of confinement Hell or Hades are both shown to be destroyed. Death and Hades are shown thrown into "the lake of fire".

Therefore the final destination of all the unsaved humans is for the entire being, body, soul, and spirit, to perish in eternal punishment in "the lake of fire".

Whatever that is it is clearly communicated to us that it is to be avoided through salvation in Jesus Christ. The destiny of all of the redeemed in Christ's salvation is New Jerusalem.

New Jerusalem is an entity depicted as a city, a temple, a Bride and Wife which symbolizes the mingling of God and man to produce many sons of God. It is not heaven. New Jerusalem the corporate united mingling and blending of Divinity and humanity, a kind of God the Father being enlarged into a family over which He is the Head and Jesus Christ is the Eldest Brother. The constituents of New Jerusalem are the redeemed, regenerated, sanctified, transformed, resurected, conformed, glorified, and deified human beings.

Collectively they are the many sons of God made like Christ the Firstborn Son of God. And this "city" is the capital of a new universe, a new heaven and new earth in which righteousness dwells and death is no more.

Does this answer you question? If not which part does not answer your question?
  4. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    23 Sep '06 13:251 edit
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Hell is the same as the word Hades. Strickly speaking Hell or Hades is just the realm of the dead human beings - all of them. I said ALL dead human beings go to Hades (or Hell).

That would include both those who believe is God and have been saved through Christ and those who do not believe in God or who have not been saved. All when they die, have th

What a long-winded answer to a simple question.

How about Goddunnit? Seems to be your answer for everything else.
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 Sep '06 13:301 edit
    I have not really answered your question. That is who made hell.

I told you that Hell or Hades is the realm of the immaterial part of man when physical death occurs.

As a holding place, as a temporary place to await the resurrection of the physical body, I think that we should consider that this realm was created by God.

Lucifer is the Latan name corresponding to Day Star. In the Old Testament the Day Star referenced, in my opinion, a angelic being who became Satan the leading opposer to God. Before his descent into being the malignant Accuser and Slander against God and man, Satan the Devil, he was the Anointed Cherub and the Day Star (Latin Lucifer).

You should not think of Lucifer as reigning in Hell or a king of hell. These are ideas which traditions have brought about. My answers to you will be along the line of what I see taught in the Bible.

I do not go to Dante's Divine Comedy or Milton's Paradise Lost or other famous poetry or liturature to find the answers to these questions you have. I derive my answers from the Bible and how I understand the matter to be revealed in the Bible, which I regard as the word of God.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Sep '06 14:04
    Originally posted by telerion
    What a long-winded answer to a simple question.

How about Goddunnit? Seems to be your answer for everything else.
    I guess the options are:

1. Goddunit
    2. Mandunnit
    3. Devildunnit

However, I must say that the favorite answer seems to be, "The Devil made me do it."
  7. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    23 Sep '06 15:42

That would include both those who believe is God and have been saved through Christ and those who do not believe in God or who have not been saved. All when they die, have th ...[text shortened]...

but im a christian that's not what i believe. Christians- was it god or satan?
  8. Meddling with things
    Moves
    23 Sep '06 15:53
    Heaven vs hell? In which sport?
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Sep '06 15:56
    Hell was translated from several different words with different
    meanings so you'd have to more specific in what you mean by
    hell, but if it is the lake of fire, God made it.
    Kelly
  10. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 Sep '06 15:56
    but im a christian that's not what i believe. Christians- was it god or satan?
    Did you read my second post which specifically addressed that?

I said that I believe we should t think of God has having set up the holding place of departed souls which is called Hades.

If you say you believe different then you just believe different. Christians can have different opinions on things.
  11. Meddling with things
    Moves
    23 Sep '06 16:51
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Hell was translated from several different words with different
    meanings so you'd have to more specific in what you mean by
    hell, but if it is the lake of fire, God made it.
    Kelly
    Lake of fire? Now that what I call Unintelligent Design
  12. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 Sep '06 18:261 edit
    Originally posted by aardvarkhome
    Lake of fire? Now that what I call Unintelligent Design
    Why would you call the lake of fire an unintelligent design?

Seems to me that it meets the needs very well, as horrible as it is, it does suit the purpose.

You don't want to end up there do you? If not it seems to meet the design specs pretty well.

Now if you want to go there, THEN, maybe there's a problem in the design ... or with you maybe.
  13. Meddling with things
    Moves
    23 Sep '06 18:39
    Why would you call the lake of fire an unintelligent design?

Seems to me that it meets the needs very well, as horrible as it is, it does suit the purpose.

You don't want to end up there do you? If not it seems to meet the design specs pretty well.

Now if you want to go there, THEN, maybe there's a problem in the design ... or with you maybe.
    I would happily burn in hell in preference to an eternity with a god that designed it and the sanctimonious fools that believe in it.
  14. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 Sep '06 18:58
    Originally posted by aardvarkhome
    I would happily burn in hell in preference to an eternity with a god that designed it and the sanctimonious fools that believe in it.
    The question I have is not whether you will be damned but whether or not you're worth a damn to begin with.

Do you think your existence has any meaning if there is no God?

I don't.
  15. Meddling with things
    Moves
    23 Sep '06 19:03
    The question I have is not whether you will be damned but whether or not you're worth a damn to begin with.

Do you think your existence has any meaning if there is no God?

I don't.
    Thank you for dismissing my existance. I'll fet for days.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree