1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Sep '06 02:25
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    why did he make it?
    Matthew 25:40-42 (New International Version)
    40"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'
    41"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink,
  2. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    28 Sep '06 02:44
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Matthew 25:40-42 (New International Version)
    40"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'
    41"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink,
    somebody told me the devil made it for himself, and i thought if he made it for himself then it wouldnt be a bad place.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Sep '06 04:50
    somebody told me the devil made it for himself, and i thought if he made it for himself then it wouldnt be a bad place.
    No, it was made for the devil and his followers. No one is in it yet,
    at least the lake of fire. Which was why I said what 'hell' you were
    refering too?
    Kelly
  4. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    28 Sep '06 19:46
    Originally posted by vistesd
    “midrash” (am myself getting tired of that word lately 😉 )
    One should never tire of proper hermeneutical approaches. One should rejoice in them.
  5. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    29 Sep '06 00:41
    No, it was made for the devil and his followers. No one is in it yet,
    at least the lake of fire. Which was why I said what 'hell' you were
    refering too?
    Kelly
    i thought lake of fire was another word for hell, and how come nobody is in it yet?
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Sep '06 02:01
    i thought lake of fire was another word for hell, and how come nobody is in it yet?
    Judgment day has not happened yet.
    Kelly
  7. Cosmos
    Moves
    29 Sep '06 02:05
    who made hell, God or Lucifer?
    Hell does not exist.
    Heaven does not exist.
    God does not exist.
    Lucifer does not exist.

Now go and get a life.
  8. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    29 Sep '06 02:05
    Judgment day has not happened yet.
    Kelly
    oh, i thought you die and then go to either heaven or hell right then and there
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Sep '06 10:091 edit
    oh, i thought you die and then go to either heaven or hell right then and there

Luke 16 (New International Version)

19"There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21and longing to eat what fell from the rich man's table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.
    22"The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23In hell,[c] where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24So he called to him, 'Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.'
    25"But Abraham replied, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.'
    27"He answered, 'Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my father's house, 28for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.'
    29"Abraham replied, 'They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.'
    30" 'No, father Abraham,' he said, 'but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.'
    31"He said to him, 'If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.' "

I thought I put this in too, since what Abraham said was actually displayed when Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead.

John 12:9-11 (New International Version)
    9Meanwhile a large crowd of Jews found out that Jesus was there and came, not only because of him but also to see Lazarus, whom he had raised from the dead. 10So the chief priests made plans to kill Lazarus as well, 11for on account of him many of the Jews were going over to Jesus and putting their faith in him.

The time leading up the judgment day is now, now is the accepted time to turn towards God for the forgiveness of sins. There is coming a time when that will not be true, when no matter what is said, or how sorry one is the time of grace and mercy will no longer be offered.

Matthew 7 (New International Version)
    A Tree and Its Fruit
    15"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.
    21"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'
    24"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash."

There is a day of judgment, when the works of man will be put on display all the things done in secret will be known nothing will be hidden.

Matthew 25 (New International Version)
    31"When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. 32All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
    34"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'
    37"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'
    41"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.'
    44"They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?'
    45"He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'
    46"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

Here is one other passage that speaks about that day of judgment.

Revelation 20 (New International Version)
    7When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison 8and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth—Gog and Magog—to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore. 9They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God's people, the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and devoured them. 10And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
    11Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. Earth and sky fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what he had done. 14Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

The time of judgment has not happened yet.
    Kelly
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    29 Sep '06 11:56
    Originally posted by howardgee
    Hell does not exist.
    Heaven does not exist.
    God does not exist.
    Lucifer does not exist.

Now go and get a life.
    Hell does not exist.
    Heaven does not exist.
    God does not exist.
    Lucifer does not exist.

In the minds of some people.
  11. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    29 Sep '06 12:02
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    [b]Hell does not exist.
    Heaven does not exist.
    God does not exist.
    Lucifer does not exist.

In the minds of some people.[/b]
    'minds' being the proper word indeed.
  12. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    30 Sep '06 05:10
    [b]
    Luke 16 (New International Version)

19"There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21and longing to eat what fell from the rich man's table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.
    22"The time came when the beggar died and the ange ...[text shortened]... judgment has not happened yet.
    Kelly
    if judgement day hasnt happened yet, then where does everyone go when they die?
  13. Standard memberChessplaya548
    Dark Legend
    Galaxy near You
    Moves
    02 Oct '06 04:53
    if judgement day hasnt happened yet, then where does everyone go when they die?
    Heaven and Hell are not absolutes. If they are, how do you explain the presence of ghosts, which are unrested souls?
  14. Standard memberChessplaya548
    Dark Legend
    Galaxy near You
    Moves
    02 Oct '06 04:56
    Originally posted by Chessplaya548
    Heaven and Hell are not absolutes. If they are, how do you explain the presence of ghosts, which are unrested souls?
    I do believe what the Bible says, but with a grain of salt. Remember, the Bible is only man's interpretation of the word of god. And that interpretation undoubtedly has changed through different versions of the Bible.
  15. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    02 Oct '06 21:38
    Originally posted by Chessplaya548
    how do you know they are unrested souls? how do you even know they exist?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree