Hebrews 1:3

Hebrews 1:3

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Jan 20
1 edit

@galveston75

I do not blame your unbelief in Christ on Texas.
Your wrong Jehovah Witness persuasion and the grand old lone star state of Texas are two completely different matters.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
12 Jan 20

@sonship said
@galveston75

I do not blame your unbelief in Christ on Texas.
Your wrong Jehovah Witness persuasion and the grand old lone star state of Texas are two completely different matters.
He is not blaming anything on Texas, he knows that is where he and I are both now. 🙂

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Jan 20

@KellyJay

Oh. I was butting in without reading the details.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
12 Jan 20

@sonship

You really have no idea how mixed up and incoherent your reasoning is do you? It's amazing how you make a statement, then in the next sentence you quote something that totally contradicts what you just said. At least Kelly tries but you are just all over the place.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
12 Jan 20

@sonship said
@KellyJay

Oh. I was butting in without reading the details.
Lol. Maybe you should start reading all the details in my post as you might catch on to what I'm saying. You know you don't...

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
12 Jan 20

@KellyJay

Ugggg! Are you watching the game?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Jan 20
2 edits

@galveston75

You really have no idea how mixed up and incoherent your reasoning is do you? It's amazing how you make a statement, then in the next sentence you quote something that totally contradicts what you just said. At least Kelly tries but you are just all over the place.

All you have done is indicate to me how much you CAME to the Bible already padlocked in your indoctrinated head what you were and were not going to believe.

And that New World "Translation" of your's. Burn it.

Don't throw it away , BURN IT.

Go back to the 1901 American Standard you JWs use to use from house to house. At least that one showed Jehovah was both the Mighty God and God the Almighty.

Moves
12 Jan 20

@kellyjay said
Yes, and that does not go against the Trinity.
The trinity goes against the bible .

Moves
12 Jan 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Not even sure why this is being debated. Paul was pretty clear in 1 Corinthians 8:5-6:

“For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords), yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.”
Because clearly there are dozens of apparently contradictory scriptures.

Moves
12 Jan 20

@sonship said
@galveston75

All you have done is indicate to me how much you CAME to the Bible already ...[text shortened]... from house to house. At least that one showed Jehovah was both the Mighty God and God the Almighty.
Galveston75 and Robbie explained to me once that Jesus is “mighty God” .

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Jan 20
4 edits

@divegeester

Galveston75 and Robbie explained to me once that Jesus is “mighty God” .

JWs teach their students that there is a difference between Jesus the Mighty God and Jehovah the Almighty God.

Ask them yourself. That is the only way they can get around Isaiah 9:6 that the child and son is Jehovah incarnated.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
12 Jan 20

@sonship The NWT has nothing to do with it. Even you bible does not teach it. Have you gone thru it and scratched out all the scriptures that you don't agree with or even worse the ones you do know that all prove the trinity wrong.
But whatever. There are millions that have fallen for this trick Satan has got you with just as Jesus said would happen. It's a sad thing but it was foretold.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
12 Jan 20

Is Jesus Almighty God?

The Bible’s answer Jesus’ opposers accused him of making himself equal to God. (John 5:18; 10:30-33) However, Jesus never claimed to be on the same level as Almighty God. He said: “The Father is greater than I am.”—John 14:28. Jesus’ early followers did not view him as being equal to Almighty God. For example, the apostle Paul wrote that after Jesus was resurrected, God “exalted him [Jesus] to a superior position.” Obviously, Paul did not believe that Jesus was Almighty God. Otherwise, how could God exalt Jesus to a superior position? —Philippians 2:9.

What did Jesus say?

â–ª “If you loved me, you would rejoice that I am going my way to the Father, because the Father is greater than I am.” (John 14:28) Jesus acknowledged that he and his Father are not equals.

â–ª “I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God.” (John 20:17) Jesus did not speak of himself as God but spoke of God as a separate Person.

â–ª “I have not spoken out of my own impulse, but the Father himself who sent me has given me a commandment as to what to tell and what to speak.” (John 12:49) Jesus’ teachings did not come from him; they came from the Father.

JESUS claimed to be the Son of God, not Almighty God. If Jesus were God, to whom was he praying while here on earth? (Matthew 14:23; 26:26-29) Surely Jesus was not just pretending to talk to someone else!

When two of Jesus’ disciples asked him for special positions in his Kingdom, he answered: “This sitting down at my right hand and at my left is not mine to give, but it belongs to those for whom it has been prepared by my Father.” (Matthew 20:23) Was Jesus telling them a lie when he stated that he did not have the authority to grant their request? Hardly! Rather, he humbly acknowledged that only God has the authority to make such decisions. Jesus even explained that there were some things that neither he nor the angels knew but that were known only by his Father.​—Mark 13:32.

Was Jesus lower than God only while he was a man here on earth? No. Even after his death and resurrection, Jesus is described in the Bible as being subordinate to God. The apostle Paul reminds us that “God is supreme over Christ.” (1 Corinthians 11:3, Today’s English Version) The Bible says that in the future “when all things have been placed under Christ’s rule, then he himself, the Son, will place himself under God, who placed all things under him; and God will rule completely over all.”​—1 Corinthians 15:28, TEV.

Clearly, Jesus is not God Almighty. That is why he spoke of his Father as “my God.”​—Revelation 3:2, 12; 2 Corinthians 1:3, 4. *

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
12 Jan 20

Is Jesus Almighty God?

Common answers:

â–ª “Yes, Jesus is God Almighty.”

â–ª “Jesus was the manifestation of God in the flesh.”

What did Jesus say?

â–ª “If you loved me, you would rejoice that I am going my way to the Father, because the Father is greater than I am.” (John 14:28) Jesus acknowledged that he and his Father are not equals.

â–ª “I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God.” (John 20:17) Jesus did not speak of himself as God but spoke of God as a separate Person.

â–ª “I have not spoken out of my own impulse, but the Father himself who sent me has given me a commandment as to what to tell and what to speak.” (John 12:49) Jesus’ teachings did not come from him; they came from the Father.

JESUS claimed to be the Son of God, not Almighty God. If Jesus were God, to whom was he praying while here on earth? (Matthew 14:23; 26:26-29) Surely Jesus was not just pretending to talk to someone else!

When two of Jesus’ disciples asked him for special positions in his Kingdom, he answered: “This sitting down at my right hand and at my left is not mine to give, but it belongs to those for whom it has been prepared by my Father.” (Matthew 20:23) Was Jesus telling them a lie when he stated that he did not have the authority to grant their request? Hardly! Rather, he humbly acknowledged that only God has the authority to make such decisions. Jesus even explained that there were some things that neither he nor the angels knew but that were known only by his Father.​—Mark 13:32.

Was Jesus lower than God only while he was a man here on earth? No. Even after his death and resurrection, Jesus is described in the Bible as being subordinate to God. The apostle Paul reminds us that “God is supreme over Christ.” (1 Corinthians 11:3, Today’s English Version) The Bible says that in the future “when all things have been placed under Christ’s rule, then he himself, the Son, will place himself under God, who placed all things under him; and God will rule completely over all.”​—1 Corinthians 15:28, TEV.

Clearly, Jesus is not God Almighty. That is why he spoke of his Father as “my God.”​—Revelation 3:2, 12; 2 Corinthians 1:3, 4. *

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Jan 20
6 edits

@galveston75

@sonship The NWT has nothing to do with it. Even you bible does not teach it. Have you gone thru it and scratched out all the scriptures that you don't agree with or even worse the ones you do know that all prove the trinity wrong.
But whatever. There are millions that have fallen for this trick Satan has got you with just as Jesus said would happen. It's a sad thing but it was foretold.

You're way off.

First of all, I like when the Bible goes against what I prefer.
I like for the Bible to step on my toes.
I have learned to like when my pre-conceived notion gets challenged by the word of God. I do not shun away from that. I embrace it and trust my Father who has uttered EVERYTHING In the word of God.

I would not trust the Bible as God's word if everything written there I innately agreed with by natural preference.

Secondly, the NWT is a disgrace.

The Brooklyn Publishing arm of JW use to print out thousands of 1901 American Standard Bible/s. I'd own one of those things in a heart beat. I had two copies both of which I wore out.

That was about the best thing the so called "prudent servant" group ever did. Too bad they then went on to their own horrendous NWT.

When the Holy Spirit comes into a man, nobody can "help" him learn that Jesus is not God.

This is an intimate wisdom that God gave, not the world. And not any theology seminary. I know, that I know, that I know that Jesus is God.

But this I will say - Its a miracle that a man comes to believe the Gospel.

And my analysis of Hebrews chapter one was quite good.
That you did not or could not in DETAIL expose its errors is telling.