Herman Cain, Christianity, Leadership

Herman Cain, Christianity, Leadership

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Aug 11

Originally posted by Dasa
Every minute in the world a child dies............do you get upset? (NO)

Why do you get upset if your child dies and not another?

Because of ignorance.

You know every living being in this world will die, and the new born baby in your arms will die some day.

Persons of spiritual awareness are not taken by surprise at the death of anybody.

And ...[text shortened]...
Being upset at the death of anyone is a display of ignorance.

Why do you worship ignorance?
Would you be upset to learn that your soul dies? What would you do
about it? To deny that your soul may die is not a solution. This is all
your religion seems to do.

F

Moves
02 Aug 11

Why do you get upset if your child dies and not another? Because of ignorance. [..] Being upset at the death of anyone is a display of ignorance. Why do you worship ignorance?
Well I certainly do not subscribe to this philosophy and would never submit to any "authority" that has made you think this way about life and about your children. And you are not going to successfully promote this brand of "spirituality" by claiming that those who disagree with you are "ignorant" or are "worshiping ignorance".

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Aug 11

Originally posted by FMF
Well I certainly do not subscribe to this philosophy and would never submit to any "authority" that has made you think this way about life and about your children. And you are not going to successfully promote this brand of "spirituality" by claiming that those who disagree with you are "ignorant" or are "worshiping ignorance".
Don't forget he hasn't denied calling us swine also. He must keep his
pearls of wisdom a secret.

F

Moves
02 Aug 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
Don't forget he hasn't denied calling us swine also. He must keep his
pearls of wisdom a secret.
😴 Dasa just used a common turn of phrase, RJHinds. You will make yourself look silly if you latch on to it, thinking you've got some kind of Gotcha! on him.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Aug 11

Originally posted by FMF
😴 Dasa just used a common turn of phrase, RJHinds. You will make yourself look silly if you latch on to it, thinking you've got some kind of Gotcha! on him.
I asked him about it and he still has not responded. He skipped over my
post asking him about it. So he seems not willing to deny that he thinks
of us as swine.

F

Moves
02 Aug 11

I asked him about it and he still has not responded. He skipped over my
post asking him about it. So he seems not willing to deny that he thinks
of us as swine.
"Casting pearls before swine" is just a common turn of phrase, RJHinds. Everyone uses it. Its meaning is clear. Dasa has nothing to confirm or "deny". You are making yourself look silly.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Aug 11

Originally posted by FMF
"Casting pearls before swine" is just a common turn of phrase, RJHinds. Everyone uses it. Its meaning is clear. Dasa has nothing to confirm or "deny". You are making yourself look silly.
So you say he doen't mean it then. I stand corrected.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
02 Aug 11

Originally posted by FMF
Thank you.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
02 Aug 11

Originally posted by FMF
The comment I have made is an over view about persons dying..... and although a child is mentioned I could have easily have said grandfather or brother or wife or neighbour.

Being upset and not caring are two different things (I always care)

Please understand one thing..........

Persons who have spiritual awareness have a different outlook on all aspects of life because they are on a different level, much the same as the person who looks through the periscope can definitely realize much more that the others in the vessel.

This out look by them does not mean that they are above station from anyone else but they just see more and understand more.

Dying for the realized person is just a change of body much the same as someone changing their cloths, and if someone you knew changed their cloths you would not get upset.

In fact in the Bhagavad Gita what I am saying is also described.

Bhagavad Gita Cht 2 vs 22
As a person puts on new garments, giving up old ones, similarly, the soul accepts new material bodies, giving up the old and useless ones.

Cht 15 vs 8
The living entity in the material world carries his different conceptions of life from one body to another as the air carries aromas.

Cht 15 vs 9
The living entity, thus taking another gross body, obtains a certain type of ear, tongue, and nose and sense of touch, which are grouped about the mind. He thus enjoys a particular set of sense objects.

Cht 15 vs 10
The foolish cannot understand how a living entity can quit his body, nor can they understand what sort of body he enjoys under the spell of the modes of nature. But one whose eyes are trained in knowledge can see all this.

Cht 15 vs 11
The endeavoring transcendentalist, who is situated in self-realization, can see all this clearly. But those who are not situated in self-realization cannot see what is taking place, though they may try to.

The above verses are from the authority the Vedas and are eternal and are just as relevant today as anywhere on the infinite time line.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Aug 11

The comment I have made is an over view about persons dying..... and although a child is mentioned I could have easily have said grandfather or brother or wife or neighbour.

Persons who have spiritual awareness have a different outlook on all aspec ...[text shortened]... the Vedas and are eternal and are just as relevant today as anywhere on the infinite time line.
Why is it that you are so concerned about the death of animals, but have
little concern about the death of your own children?

F

Moves
02 Aug 11

The above verses are from the authority the Vedas and are eternal and are just as relevant today as anywhere on the infinite time line.
Good for you. And may it bring you some sense of fulfillment in life. But I don't recognize the "authority" that you cite. And I find your attitude towards the death of children utterly alienating. Thank goodness it has no meaning or relevance to me.

s

Moves
02 Aug 11

Persons who have spiritual awareness have a different outlook on all aspec ...[text shortened]... the Vedas and are eternal and are just as relevant today as anywhere on the infinite time line.
"The above verses are from the authority the Vedas and are eternal and are just as relevant today as anywhere on the infinite time line."

However, those verses are not from the Vedas.
The Bhagwad Gita is not part of the Four Vedas. It is a text concerning krishna's advice to prince arjuna.

The Four Vedas, please see....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vedas

For details on the Bhagwad Gita view....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhagwad_Gita

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
02 Aug 11

Why is it that you are so concerned about the death of animals, but have
little concern about the death of your own children?
I am not concerned about the natural death of anyone or anything, but to kill and take a life for the satisfaction of the uncontrolled tongue is completely different.

You should know this.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
02 Aug 11
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
Good for you. And may it bring you some sense of fulfillment in life. But I don't recognize the "authority" that you cite. And I find your attitude towards the death of children utterly alienating. Thank goodness it has no meaning or relevance to me.
Your ignorant display of caring about the death of children is just that...... ignorant.

When I use the word ignorant I do not mean it in a malicious way but the way that means lacking of awareness.

I have just finished explaining in detail why persons of awareness do not become upset at the death of someone and you have not understood.

You have not understood because maybe you are actually less intelligent........or if its not that, then you are pretending not to understand to create some conflict.

Every living thing in this world dies so tell me why you are recommending that all persons should become upset, when every day thousands of children die and you don't get upset.

If the death of a child is so upsetting for you why don't you get upset everyday for all the children who have died that day?

I am not going to drag out this topic if you are dishonest by not responding truthfully, which you may do to put on a show of caring for the sake of sympathy from the others who view this post.

You have already done this in your last comment.

The only thing worth getting upset over is returning to this world of suffering again.

Your dismissal of the authority is whimsically coming from ignorance and not from the platform of knowledge, and if you had some knowledge you would not say the many things you do say.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
02 Aug 11
1 edit

Originally posted by shahenshah
"The above verses are from the authority the Vedas and are eternal and are just as relevant today as anywhere on the infinite time line."

However, those verses are not from the Vedas.
The Bhagwad Gita is not part of the Four Vedas. It is a text concerning krishna's advice to prince arjuna.

The Four Vedas, please see....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vedas

For details on the Bhagwad Gita view....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhagwad_Gita
Veda means knowledge, and the Vedas are coming from the Supreme Personality of Godhead The Vedas contain knowledge about mundane necessities as well as spirituality. The texts of the Vedas are called Samhitas and prayers within them are known as Mantras. The Mahabharata, Bhagavad Gita, and Upanisads are all vedic texts.

Also the Bhagavad Gita is an eternal teaching being recited in every new cosmic manifestation.

You know this.