1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Jun '18 20:472 edits
    We live in the present, we reside in this little piece of time we call 'now'
    and 'now' is so small its leading edge and trailing edges occupy the
    same place. God is according to scripture all knowing, everywhere the
    universe cannot contain Him, He is almighty, and is the Alpha and the
    Omega. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

So when we apply our rules/laws/understanding to Him, can we really
    grasp who He is, without His help? Can we do anything to make Him act
    one way or another, can we bribe Him, can we do enough good things
    to atone for the wicked things we do?

If He holds the whole universe together by the power of His Word, what
    chance do we have to force Him to accept us, except through His love
    and grace?
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Jun '18 21:13
    Originally posted by @kellyjay

So when we a ...[text shortened]... His Word, what
    and grace?
    Can we really grasp who He is, without His help?
    All the help in understanding who God is and who Christ is, is provided by Jesus His Son and written in the Gospels

Can we do anything to make Him act one way or another ?
    Yes .. righteousness makes God happy, sin makes God angry

Can we bribe Him,
    Yes. God can be bribed with good works and obedience to his commandments

Can we do enough good things to atone for the wicked things we do?
    Jesus is the sacrifice that paid for part of the debt of sin. But man has a part to do as well ie good works and righteousness which is the key to entry into the Kingdom of God.
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    09 Jun '18 22:12

So when we a ...[text shortened]... His Word, what
    and grace?
    can we do enough good things to atone for the wicked things we do?

According to God in Ezekiel 18, it's not about doing "enough good things" per se, it's about becoming righteous. That is, it's about no longer continuing to sin. For those who do so, "all his transgressions which he has committed will not be remembered against him" and he will "live". This is the measure of true repentance.

Ezekiel 18
    21“But if the wicked man turns from all his sins which he has committed and observes all My statutes and practices justice and righteousness, he shall surely live; he shall not die. 22“All his transgressions which he has committed will not be remembered against him; because of his righteousness which he has practiced, he will live. 23“Do I have any pleasure in the death of the wicked,” declares the Lord GOD, “rather than that he should turn from his ways and live?
    30“Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, each according to his conduct,” declares the Lord GOD. “Repent and turn away from all your transgressions, so that iniquity may not become a stumbling block to you. 31“Cast away from you all your transgressions which you have committed and make yourselves a new heart and a new spirit! For why will you die, O house of Israel? 32“For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone who dies,” declares the Lord GOD. “Therefore, repent and live.”
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 01:10
    More self-created separation in the thread title.

We do create our own realities, so why continue to separate ? Think of One
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 01:27
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel

In the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry, He calls His followers to become one with God as He was one with God. Christianity has a different gospel as its foundation.

John 17:20-23
    "I do not ask on behalf of these alone, but for those also who believe in Me through their word; 21 that they may all be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me. The glory which You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one, just as We are one; 23 I in them and You in Me, that they may be perfected in unity, so that the world may know that You sent Me, and loved them, even as You have loved Me."
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 01:34
    We fuse back into 'Oneness'

Pretty f--ked up, but hey, it is what it is
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 02:46
    His ways are not our ways.

Whose image are we created in?
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 03:48
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel

Do we really create our own realities, or are we just fooling ourselves? Reality the truth
    will not change with new data, it will be confirmed, opinions can be changed, world views
    can be altered, even people's views on god, gods, or lack there of can be altered as
    people can go from one view point to another. God, the creator isn't dependent upon man
    for anything what so ever. God doesn't need man, God doesn't need anything man can
    offer Him, man's righteous without God in scripture is called filthy rags, the comparison of
    our righteousness with a the rags women used during a time of the month, that is us at
    our best and that is supposed to impress God? I think we delude ourselves in our ability
    to be worthy of God in any fashion doing anything.

What redeems us is what Jesus did, while we were yet sinners He died for us. We could
    not alter the state we were in on our own, the separation was because we were dead in
    our sins, it was then Christ died for us so outside of Jesus Christ there is no other way to
    God.
  9. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 06:16
    Do we really create our own realities, or are we just fooling ourselves? Reality the truth
    will not change with new data, it will be confirmed, opinions can be changed, world views
    can be altered, even people's views on god, gods, or lack there of can be altered as
    people can go from one view point to another.
    Indeed. Truth is absolute.
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 15:281 edit
    people can go from one view point to another. God, the creator isn't dependent upon man
    ...[text shortened]... r sins, it was then Christ died for us so outside of Jesus Christ there is no other way to
    God.
    God doesn't need anything man can offer Him, man's righteous without God in scripture is called filthy rags, the comparison of our righteousness with a the rags women used during a time of the month, that is us at our best and that is supposed to impress God? I think we delude ourselves in our ability to be worthy of God in any fashion doing anything.

You say, "we delude ourselves in our ability to be worthy of God in any fashion doing anything", yet in Ezekiel 18 in the verses I cited, God says that we not only can become righteous, that we must to have "life". That for those who do so, God says, "All his transgressions which he has committed will not be remembered against him; because of his righteousness which he has practiced, he will live."

God doesn't need man, God doesn't need anything man can
    offer Him, man's righteous without God in scripture is called filthy rags, the comparison of
    our righteousness with a the rags women used during a time of the month, that is us at
    our best and that is supposed to impress God?

When you write things like this, you demonstrate that you have no understanding of the context in which the original reference to "filthy rags" was made.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 15:36
    ...[text shortened]... r sins, it was then Christ died for us so outside of Jesus Christ there is no other way to
    God.
    A pile of unadulterated misinformation and poorly analysed bible statements.
    I see you have not changed.

I will address some of this nonsense later.

While Im cooking my Sunday Roast Beef, please can you tell me how much of what you said here was said by Jesus Christ who you claim to believe in ?
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 19:362 edits
    God.
    So lets see. You said:

God the creator isn't dependent upon man for anything what so ever.
    God doesn't need man, God doesn't need anything man can offer Him,
    Wrong - God needs mans obedience and loyalty otherwise God gets angry and jealous

Man's righteous without God in scripture is called filthy rags,
    Please advise where this is in the Bible

I think we delude ourselves in our ability to be worthy of God in any fashion doing anything.
    The Bible if full of examples of people who pleased God, who were described as perfect

What redeems us is what Jesus did, while we were yet sinners He died for us.
    What Jesus did is to pave the way for eternal life by his death and resurrection. Man has to do good works and live righteously to benefit from the death of Christ

Without Jesus Christ there is no other way to God.
    The light of Christ is in all people. Nobody is without Christ
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Jun '18 05:13
    God.
    Yes we create our own realities,

"co-create" would be more apt. The neutral zone is a sham
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Jun '18 05:14
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    His ways are not our ways.

Whose image are we created in?
    Image?
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Jun '18 05:17
    God.
    Long story short : you are God but no one is above the Lord.

There is only one mind and your brain is like an antenna.

I can teach any who would listen

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree