1. St. Peter's
    Moves
    08 May '11 23:24
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    shame that, it still doesn't explain why i haven't cut off anyone though does it. also its
    strange cult that has public meeting, advertised through a public ministry, for members
    of the public, hardly secretive is it. Anyway im done with you haters, you have
    contributed absolutely nothing to my spiritual understanding and are content to
    promulgate second hand lies, good luck to you, you'll need it.
    Hare Krishnas have public meetings and a public ministry, they are a cult as well. Cults are not necessarily secretive.

I have lied about nothing, you make an arse of yourself when you continue to assert that I am, especially when the proof is in the threads for everyone to read.
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    14 May '11 17:432 edits
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Well that was her decision either from some fact or issue you may not know about or some misunderstanding on her part as to her view of relatives that are no JW's. But I have no way of knowing here situation as I don't know her or her life's issues.
    But as Robbie just stated he has a good relationship with his non JW relatives as do I.
    So perhaps you hut ones out of their non JW family's. I personally don't know of any that have done that.
    Disfellowshipped after 50 years a JW -

YouTube

Suicide rates among JWs:

YouTube&feature=related

Why Do JWs have high rate of Mental Illness?

YouTube&feature=related

( I do not automatically believe everything reported on the Internet. )
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 May '11 17:57
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [b] Disfellowshipped after 50 years a JW -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR7tsA0Nng4

Suicide rates among JWs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzA8Jm8CbHM&feature=related

Why Do JWs have high rate of Mental Illness?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrBXTvuAT1g&feature=related

( I do not automatically believe everything reported on the Internet. )[/b]
    why dont you talk about your public ministry instead, indeed, what efforts are you
    personally engaged in to further the Good news of Gods Kingdom, what personal
    efforts you are making to help others come to a knowledge of the truth? hmmm?
    instead of, feeding your mind on what might and might not be true?
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    14 May '11 18:052 edits
    why dont you talk about your public ministry instead, indeed, what efforts are you
    personally engaged in to further the Good news of Gods Kingdom, what personal
    efforts you are making to help others come to a knowledge of the truth? hmmm?
    instead of, feeding your mind on what might and might not be true?
    You may look at all my posts in brief on this Forum over probably a few years, and see that I have done plenty of sharing and proclaiming the Gospel in defense, in preaching, in discussion.

You should know that. Listen, YOU are on the offensive to deny much of what I share from the Gospel. So it should not surprise you if I both defend and examine your own outreach.

Don't act like you have not been on the attack against the Christian Gospel.
    Your Jesus is an arch angel.
    Your Holy Spirit spirit is just a force.
    You vigorously attacked teachings that Jesus is God incarnate and God is a Triune God.

PLEASE put away the Mr. Bewildered Innocent act and take your medicine.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 May '11 18:363 edits
    You may look at all my posts in brief on this Forum over probably a few years, and see that I have done plenty of sharing and proclaiming the Gospel in defense, in preaching, in discussion.

You should know that. Listen, YOU are on the offensive to deny much of what I share from the Gospel. So it should not surprise you if I both defend and examine your d is a Triune God.

PLEASE put away the Mr. Bewildered Innocent act and take your medicine.
    i am not talking of sitting in front of a pc monitor and firing cyber rockets from your
    secret hideout high in the hills, i am talking of getting up from your chair and
    reaching out to people, that is engaging them face to face with Bible in hand? What
    did the Christ say,

(Matthew 10:11)  “Into whatever city or village you enter, search out who in it is
    deserving,. . .

and Paul

(Acts 20:20)  while I did not hold back from telling you any of the things that were
    profitable nor from teaching you publicly and from house to house. . .

surely you must have some experiences in this regard? As for us, we are beautiful,
    all that has been proffered is the usual, half baked lies and defamation of character,
    but Christians are used to that sort of thing,

(Acts 28:22)  But we think it proper to hear from you what your thoughts are, for
    truly as regards this sect it is known to us that everywhere it is spoken against.”

some things never change. Oh i take my medicine regularly, indeed, i have
    established each and every one of those details, Biblically.
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    14 May '11 19:201 edit
    i am not talking of sitting in front of a pc monitor and firing cyber rockets from your
    secret hideout high in the hills, i am talking of getting up from your chair and
    reaching out to people, that is engaging them face to face with Bible in hand? What
    did the Christ say,

(Matthew 10:11)  “Into whatever city or village you enter, search ou ...[text shortened]... edicine regularly, indeed, i have
    established each and every one of those details, Biblically.
    ==========================
    i am not talking of sitting in front of a pc monitor and firing cyber rockets from your secret hideout high in the hills, i am talking of getting up from your chair and reaching out to people, that is engaging them face to face with Bible in hand? What did the Christ say,
    ==============================

I would talk to you face to face. If you want to arrange a phone conversation, we can do it.

I have gone door to door too. It's not easy. I've done it.

I have been door to door sharing the Gospel in Boston Mass. , Winston Salem NC, Greensboro NC, and Atlanta Georgia.

I've tasted it Robbie. Want to trade stories ?

And if it makes you feel any better, I also know what it is to be called a cult.

Do a search on the local churches or Witness Lee, or Living Stream Ministry.

That is why I can be somewhat sympathetic and I inform you that I do not automatically accept everything on the Internet as necessarily truthful recording.

I know religious people can slander, gossip, misrepresent facts, lie, and libel.
    I know that disgruntled people can say a lot of things half true, or wholly untrue.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 May '11 19:471 edit
    [b]==========================
    i am not talking of sitting in front of a pc monitor and firing cyber rockets from your secret hideout high in the hills, i am talking of getting up from your chair and reaching out to people, that is engaging them face to face with Bible in hand? What did the Christ say,
    ==============================

I el.
    I know that disgruntled people can say a lot of things half true, or wholly untrue.[/b]
    there , thats more like it, perhaps, personal modesty and a self effacing disposition
    made you reticent about sharing this with us. Yes its difficult but we are always
    mindful that it is not us personally that is being rejected, but our message, this helps
    some.
  8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    16 May '11 12:595 edits
    there , thats more like it, perhaps, personal modesty and a self effacing disposition
    made you reticent about sharing this with us. Yes its difficult but we are always
    mindful that it is not us personally that is being rejected, but our message, this helps
    some.
    When you get into "he did this, he did that, they did this and that" it can be hearsay.

However, Robbie, the MESSAGE should be rejected on several major aspects. So even if you all had no "X members" with complaints, I would still have to reject Watchtower's message just on its merits alone.

Christ is not the angel Michael. And without having received the Spirit of Christ it is no wonder that JWs are still only hoping for the best. They do not have the assurance of salvation in eternity that the indwelling Holy Spirit would give them.

In place of this assurance, the vacuum is filled with works and scolding that others are NOT doing the works.

Regardless of how you work and rebuke others for not working, it cannot replace the Spirit bearing witness with our spirit that we are children of God (Rom. 8:16).

The lure of JW is powerful because within the errors there is some things which are powerfully true. Christmas as pagan mixture. Idols, maryolatry, Easter eggs, even preocupation with relics and crosses. All those complaint have merit and would be agreed with by some Christians.

The Quakers, the Disciples of Christ, the Brethren and some ofther factions of Christianity would agree with many of these complaints. You're not the only ones reading the Bible who noticed a conspicuous absence of a lot of this nonsense.

Alexander Hislop in his classic book "The Two Babylons" informed evangelical Christians of the mixture brought into Christiandom by Roman Catholicism leavening the Gospel with all kinds of pre-Christian era beliefs and practices.

Jesus told the parable of the woman who hid leaven in three measures of meal until the whole thing became leavened. This parable is definitely taken by some of us to mean the mixing into the Gospel message pagan superstitions until the whole message was corrupted.

Some of us can discern the difference between pointing out those errors and attacking the incarnation of God in Christ. We can discern the going too far in teaching that the Holy Spirit is not God and that Christ the Son of God is Michael the archangel.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 May '11 15:23
    When you get into "he did this, he did that, they did this and that" it can be hearsay.

However, Robbie, the MESSAGE should be rejected on several major aspects. So even if you all had no "X members" with complaints, I would still have to reject Watchtower's message just on its merits alone.

Christ is not the angel Michael. And without having recei ...[text shortened]... that the Holy Spirit is not God and that Christ the Son of God is Michael the archangel.
    first of all Jaywill, we have for everything we profess, a scriptural basis, indeed,
    stating that we do not have Gods spirit and therefore we cannot understand
    scripture because it differs from your interpretation is not very convincing argument,
    for i can cite numerous references from those who gave their life rather than
    compromise their faith and in the process, their calmness was a testimony to the
    fact that they indeed were recipients of Gods Holy spirit, for it states that the peace
    of God excels all thought. Not only that, Christ stated that his true believers would
    have love among themselves, as an identifying mark, can this be said of the
    churches of Christendom? i think not. This is the true identifying mark of Christians
    Jaywill, that they have love among themselves. What did the Christ state, 'i am
    giving you a new commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved
    you'. This is the appeal of Jehovahs witnesses, that we truly love one another, no
    national differences, no ethnic differences, no economic differences, no political
    differences can mar what the Christ has stated, indeed, we will not tolerate anything
    that divides us from our brothers and our sisters.

Hyslop had many interesting things to say, his text is of course extremely biased
    against the catholic church, indeed he states that the dragon of revelation is the
    catholic church, an assertion that has no basis in anything other than his prejudices.

For these other matters we have also a scriptural basis.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree