1. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '11 15:241 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    You should start a thread about that, for sure. Meanwhile, what about this OP and topic?
    what about it? he trawls the web, visits anti witness sites of which there are literally
    hundreds, copies and pasts the parts that he wishes to portray, has no original
    thoughts, no personal testimony, nothing. So we make mistakes, cannot remember
    ever having claimed to be perfect, can you? Christ's disciples also made mistakes,
    did that mean they were also false disciples? He claims that we have originated
    false prophecy which is in itself a lie for we have merely sought to understand
    prophecy that was already written. Lastly i produced a scripture, with historical
    reference which demonstrates how a false prophet may be recognised, here it is
    again,

(Matthew 7:15-20) . . .“Be on the watch for the false prophets that come to you in
    sheep’s covering, but inside they are ravenous wolves.  By their fruits you will
    recognize them. Never do people gather grapes from thorns or figs from thistles, do
    they?  Likewise every good tree produces fine fruit, but every rotten tree produces
    worthless fruit;  a good tree cannot bear worthless fruit, neither can a rotten tree
    produce fine fruit.  Every tree not producing fine fruit gets cut down and thrown into
    the fire. Really, then, by their fruits you will recognize those [men].

I have merely sought to demonstrate that those persons who are in reality false
    prophets can be identified by their fruits, making it clear that it is not we who are
    false prophets, for which of our actions are we being condemned? but those
    producing worthless fruit as evidenced by the historical reference in the united
    states of America, perpetrated by American Christians.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 May '11 15:39
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    what about it? he trawls the web, visits anti witness sites of which there are literally
    hundreds, copies and pasts the parts that he wishes to portray, has no original
    thoughts, no personal testimony, nothing. So we make mistakes, cannot remember
    ever having claimed to be perfect, can you? Christ's disciples also made mistakes,
    did that me ...[text shortened]... the historical reference in the united
    states of America, perpetrated by American Christians.
    So which false prophecies do you admit happened and which false prophecies do you refute?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '11 15:47
    Originally posted by FMF
    So which false prophecies do you admit happened and which false prophecies do you refute?
    i dont admit to us producing any false prophecy, infact all we have sought to do is understand prophecy that was already written in the Bible.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 May '11 15:51
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It is good to learn, if you learn the truth. For the truth will set you free.
    Yes it will......
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 May '11 16:08
    Again because as time goes by and with more and more research and the most important point is God's timetable of revealing his secrets to ones that are honestly seeking for the answers and truths that he does reveal in time.
    Jehovah does not tell and reveal all the things we are supposed to know all at once and has done that on many occasions thru our history. He does require that ones that want to know him and have his protection to search and be patient as that shows the true heart condition.

"Another point worthy of note: As God’s word or message to mankind, the Bible is written in such a way that those who are not truly seeking God—who have no genuine faith in God—are induced to ‘show their true colors.’ For example, it does not give every detail of every account it records. At times it describes God’s action or judgment on a matter without explaining why he so judged. It lets two writers give their own observation of an event from different viewpoints. It leaves those not wanting to serve God a ‘way out,’ an excuse to find fault, if this is their desire. In this way, too, the Bible is complete or perfect, for it fulfills a purpose of God in causing persons—both haughty ones and humble ones—to reveal what is in their hearts.—Hebrews 4:12; Matthew 13:34, 35; Luke 8:10."
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    01 May '11 16:251 edit
    I think we are interested in truth, and i was amazed how one sided his truth actually
    was, now what have you to say in defence of those who perpetrated those acts, those
    American Christians, i want to here you say it.
    his truth is not one sided. he presented some facts. unrelated to those facts are the atrocities committed unto witnesses. unrelated to those facts are the atrocities committed unto native americans. and again unrelated to those facts is the fact that i find heidi klum very attractive.

should we all mention some unrelated facts when we say something?
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    01 May '11 16:26
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Again because as time goes by and with more and more research and the most important point is God's timetable of revealing his secrets to ones that are honestly seeking for the answers and truths that he does reveal in time.
    Jehovah does not tell and reveal all the things we are supposed to know all at once and has done that on many occasions thru our ...[text shortened]... d humble ones—to reveal what is in their hearts.—Hebrews 4:12; Matthew 13:34, 35; Luke 8:10."
    so there isn't a possibility the reason these false prophecies occurred was in order for the watchtower to get publicity?
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 May '11 16:33
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    so there isn't a possibility the reason these false prophecies occurred was in order for the watchtower to get publicity?
    Not in the slightest. What would be the purpose of that seeing how they were the largest group of Christians hated and literally chesed out of towns by the other so called Christian religions? Our direction from Jesus is to teach othrs and that's a little hard to do when you can't get to the doors of homes.
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    01 May '11 16:48
    Not in the slightest. What would be the purpose of that seeing how they were the largest group of Christians hated and literally chesed out of towns by the other so called Christian religions? Our direction from Jesus is to teach othrs and that's a little hard to do when you can't get to the doors of homes.
    yes, but some did listen. some did get frightened that the end is nigh and watchtower claims it can offer salvation. perhaps even the only ones who can offer it. i can find plenty of reasons why publicity would be welcomed.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 May '11 17:10
    That was probably because the other Christian denominations did
    not want the Jehovah's Witnessess going door to door teach doctrines
    of the Devil and lies about God (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit).
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '11 17:211 edit
    That was probably because the other Christian denominations did
    not want the Jehovah's Witnessess going door to door teach doctrines
    of the Devil and lies about God (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit).
    so that justifies the horrendous acts of persecution, does it? tell me what Christian act
    that was to do that to small women and children, to burn their homes, their places of
    worship, tell me what principle that is in scripture. I want to hear you say it, what
    teaching of Christ were they applying.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 May '11 17:53
    so that justifies the horrendous acts of persecution, does it? tell me what Christian act
    that was to do that to small women and children, to burn their homes, their places of
    worship, tell me what principle that is in scripture. I want to hear you say it, what
    teaching of Christ were they applying.
    I might be able to reply if I knew exactly what incident you are
    referring to and what Christians were involved. Do you have
    a link for me?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '11 17:58
    I might be able to reply if I knew exactly what incident you are
    referring to and what Christians were involved. Do you have
    a link for me?
    http://bringonthegoodnews.blogspot.com/2009/07/mob-violence-in-north-america.html
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 May '11 18:17
    i dont admit to us producing any false prophecy, infact all we have sought to do is understand prophecy that was already written in the Bible.
    Oh, here we go.

/eyeroll

Nice attempt at a dodge.

You were right at first about Matthew 7:20. "Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them." False prophecies are indeed their fruits, and they shall be known by their fruits. Exactly correct.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '11 18:231 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Oh, here we go.

/eyeroll

Nice attempt at a dodge.

You were right at first about Matthew 7:20. "Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them." False prophecies are indeed their fruits, and they shall be known by their fruits. Exactly correct.
    my dear lady you may roll those big blue/brown or green eyes, its not a dodge, its a
    statement of fact.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree