1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 May '11 20:27
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    http://bringonthegoodnews.blogspot.com/2009/07/mob-violence-in-north-america.html
    The source you give is from the Watchtower Society which must be
    considered biased. But even it includes only one assetion that the Catholic
    Church was involved without any proof. Do you have any unbiased
    reports that proves Christians, in general, murdered or tortured women
    and children? Do they actually identify these so-called Christians?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 May '11 20:53
    we have been through this before, the whole premise fails, because we have originated
    no prophecy, we have merely sought to understand prophecy that was already
    written, making any claims to false prophecy erroneous. Like Christs disciples we
    have been mistaken, did they not also think that Christ was going to restore the
    Kingdom to Israel a ...[text shortened]... ast time i looked perfection was not
    a requirement unless of course your the Pontifex Maximus!
    But no one said that the Watch Tower was issuing any prophecy. That was certainly not the premise of my question to you. The point is simply this: your organisation teaches inconsistently on Scripture. Now you might say that this is just part of a gradual process of 'coming into understanding'. At the very least however you have to acknowledge that your organisation should be a little more cautious when it tries to interpret Scripture.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '11 21:29
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The source you give is from the Watchtower Society which must be
    considered biased. But even it includes only one assetion that the Catholic
    Church was involved without any proof. Do you have any unbiased
    reports that proves Christians, in general, murdered or tortured women
    and children? Do they actually identify these so-called Christians?
    you know absolutely nothing, the watchtower society has one official website,
    watchtower.org making your assertion, like the majority of the others, totally
    prejudiced and completely without foundation. Why dont you google, Jehovahs
    witnesses and persecution, I for one am not going to look up references for your
    satisfaction, if you dont believe the accounts, I dont really care.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '11 21:30
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    But no one said that the Watch Tower was issuing any prophecy. That was certainly not the premise of my question to you. The point is simply this: your organisation teaches inconsistently on Scripture. Now you might say that this is just part of a gradual process of 'coming into understanding'. At the very least however you have to acknowledge that your organisation should be a little more cautious when it tries to interpret Scripture.
    did you care to read the original text, i lost count of the number of times it stated false prophecy. We live and learn.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 May '11 21:35
    did you care to read the original text, i lost count of the number of times it stated false prophecy. We live and learn.
    I don't understand what you mean here. Are you denying that the Watch Tower made these interpretations of prophecy or are you suggesting that they are not in fact in contradiction? I think those are really the only relevant questions here.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '11 21:392 edits
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    I don't understand what you mean here. Are you denying that the Watch Tower made these interpretations of prophecy or are you suggesting that they are not in fact in contradiction? I think those are really the only relevant questions here.
    nope i am denying that they are prophecy, for they are merely interpretations of prophecy already written. We did not originate the prophecy, we have merely tried to understand it.
  7. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    01 May '11 21:41
    Prophecy 1: The next person to post in this spirituality forum will be RJHinds

Prophecy 2: The next person to post in this spirituality forum will be Robbie Carrobie

Prophecy 3: The next person to post in this spirituality forum will be Conrau K

Prophecy 4: The next person to post in this spirituality forum will be Galveston 75

Prophecy 5: The next person to post in this spirituality forum will be Seitse

Prophecy 6: The next person to post in this spirituality forum will be Divegeester

Prophecy 7: The next person to post in this spirituality forum will be Suzianne

Let's see if any of my predictions come true...
  8. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    01 May '11 21:51
    Ok...I got this one wrong, karoly posted next. I'll try again later noting that I only need one hit!
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 May '11 21:53
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Ok...I got this one wrong, karoly posted next. I'll try again later noting that I only need one hit!
    I'm a lower-casian please...
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 May '11 00:50
    Originally posted by Agerg
    "For out of he heart come evil thoughts, murders, adulteries,
    fornications, thefts, false witness, slanders. These are the
    things which defile the man..." (Matthew 15:19-20 NASB)
  11. St. Peter's
    Moves
    02 May '11 02:13
    my dear lady you may roll those big blue/brown or green eyes, its not a dodge, its a
    statement of fact.
    I have to differ with you Robbie. When one interprets the bible and attempts to divine some hidden secret then you run the risk of producing a false prophecy. Here's my thinking:

Christ said no man know's the day or hour. Of course we are to be alert and on watch, but the date is hidden for a reason. Do you honestly believe God would reveal that date? Of what merit is a coversion based on fear of the imminent return of Christ? None! So if the JW's are interpreting scripture and producing a date of the return, that IS in fact a false prophecy. They are making a forecast or prediction on an event, and they do it with the full knowledge that God's word says that no man knows the day or the hour; that makes their prediction an addition to God's word and thusly false
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 May '11 02:47
    Originally posted by Doward
    I have to differ with you Robbie. When one interprets the bible and attempts to divine some hidden secret then you run the risk of producing a false prophecy. Here's my thinking:

Christ said no man know's the day or hour. Of course we are to be alert and on watch, but the date is hidden for a reason. Do you honestly believe God would reveal that date? Of w ...[text shortened]... the day or the hour; that makes their prediction an addition to God's word and thusly false
    True. The ones that added those dates to the prophecies did not
    know enough about what Jesus taught to know He made that
    statement. The JW's today, now know, and are not likely to make
    the same mistake again.
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 May '11 03:11
    Originally posted by Doward

Christ said no man know's the day or hour. Of course we are to be alert and on watch, but the date is hidden for a reason. Do you honestly believe God would reveal that date? Of w ...[text shortened]... the day or the hour; that makes their prediction an addition to God's word and thusly false
    True some ideas of dates that were thought to be understood at that time were wrong, and they admitted it. But as Robbie mentioned earlier even the apostles were wrong at time with their understandings. They were imperfect humans without the full understanding of what they were hearing from Jesus and they were with him almost constantly and as the saying goes they heard " straight from the horses mouth".
    But the Brothers were not trying to be prophets and scare everyone to start running to the hills. They at that time were starting to understand some new revelations that as I mentioned earlier that we believe God was giving them. Some of that "light of new information" was being understood but as they learned they did still not have it all correct. It's no different then any of us going to school to learn something new. There is no way that any of us would be able to explain a new understanding completely correct at first.
    But at least these Brothers were trying as hard as they could with the knowledge and understanding they had at that time.
    But...this is now 2011 and it's been a long time since those days. And as with any new subject we have learnd more and the light has gotten brighter.
    If we clamed to be prophets, then I'm sure they would still be doing the same today and making the same mistakes that were done then.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 May '11 04:32
    Originally posted by galveston75
    True some ideas of dates that were thought to be understood at that time were wrong, and they admitted it. But as Robbie mentioned earlier even the apostles were wrong at time with their understandings. They were imperfect humans without the full understanding of what they were hearing from Jesus and they were with him almost constantly and as the saying ...[text shortened]... hey would still be doing the same today and making the same mistakes that were done then.
    If they were being given some new revelation, it was definitely not
    from God. Maybe, it was from the one that masquerades as an
    angel of light.
  15. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    02 May '11 05:18
    My premise is that if they the Watchtower can't get prophecy right and they have a 100+ year track record to back that up then why should we believe anything they say? Lets drink poised cool aid because the watch tower says so LOL

Manny

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree