Hitting children.

Hitting children.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
26 Aug 20

@wolfgang59 said
Where are god's instructions regarding raising kids?
(Certainly not in OT which you have said doesn't apply to Christians)
I already quoted these passages. Did I say somewhere that the OT does not applhy to Christians ? Im pretty sure I did not. if I did then I meant the LAW OF MOSES does not apply to Christians. I take it you know the difference.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
26 Aug 20

@indonesia-phil said
Says the person who contradicts themselves with about everything they say, who fits their beloved bible around whatever they happen to think, but who still won't commit as to whether they think it's okay to stone homosexuals to death, and who thinks beating up kids is fine because their god says it's okay.

I know exactly what I think about acts of violence against children and any kind of discrimination against gays, would you like to borrow a screwdriver?
I understand. Paul said that these kinds of discussions are pointless.

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, (2 Corinthians 6:14-17 KJV)

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
26 Aug 20

@rajk999 said
I already quoted these passages. Did I say somewhere that the OT does not applhy to Christians ? Im pretty sure I did not. if I did then I meant the LAW OF MOSES does not apply to Christians. I take it you know the difference.
You said
That law was the law that God gave to the Jews.

There is no requirement to follow that law now.

I thought the OT was the laws given to the Jews?

Anyway ... for clarification; your position is that all the OT applies to Christians apart from the laws given to Moses?

And yes I know there is a difference, but not what those differences are.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
26 Aug 20

@wolfgang59 said
You said
That law was the law that God gave to the Jews.

There is no requirement to follow that law now.

I thought the OT was the laws given to the Jews?

Anyway ... for clarification; your position is that all the OT applies to Christians apart from the laws given to Moses?

And yes I know there is a difference, but not what those differences are.
The Torah or what the Greek Septuagint refers to as the Pentateuch is the Law of Moses. They are the first 5 books of the bible. The rest of the Old Testament consists of a history of the Jews, the Wisdom of Solomon and the writings of the Prophets.

Must of the OT has writings and explanations that are useful to Christians who like to study the bible as it explains much of the New Testament. The teachings of Jesus Christ, and subsequent writings of the Apostless are meant for Christians.

Some countries / governments choose to base their laws on the Law of Moses.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
27 Aug 20

@rajk999 said
The Torah or what the Greek Septuagint refers to as the Pentateuch is the Law of Moses. They are the first 5 books of the bible.
So you follow the OT except for what is written in the first 5 books because that is for Jews only?

S. Korea

Moves
27 Aug 20

@indonesia-phil said
Well, if they used to pardon some of them that makes it alright then.

Let me rephrase the question:

Do you think biblical law was right to permit, under any circumstances, the stoning to death of homosexuals?

I'm not asking you for more biblical quotations, I'm asking for your opinion.
Yes, of course, the Biblical laws were appropriate.

Just as such, the extreme laws which allowed for a son to be killed for disobedience to his parents or bestiality, or for a woman to be executed for grabbing a man's groin during a fight, have a certain application that can be relevant in their contexts.

Same with the "force them to marry their daughter whom they violated" bit. It can produce a wider range of results that are necessary at that time.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
27 Aug 20

@philokalia said
Yes, of course, the Biblical laws were appropriate.

Just as such, the extreme laws which allowed for a son to be killed for disobedience to his parents or bestiality, or for a woman to be executed for grabbing a man's groin during a fight, have a certain application that can be relevant in their contexts.

Same with the "force them to marry their daughter whom they violated" bit. It can produce a wider range of results that are necessary at that time.
Good tactic to steer the conversation away from assaulting children.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
27 Aug 20

@rajk999 said
Whatever. Get a life.
You’re already in an intellectual pit of your own making, at least try to be more honest and less petulant.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
27 Aug 20

@rajk999 said
The law of Moses is for the Jews
And yet you are trying to get everyone else to follow its rules on child discipline!

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
27 Aug 20

@rajk999 said
Yes on the previous page where you are continuing to contradict yourself due to your twisted application of scripture.

Here’s what you said:
”The correct answer is that Christians are supposed to follow the laws, teachings and commandments of Christ. The law of Moses is for the Jews “

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
27 Aug 20

@rajk999 said
I understand. Paul said that these kinds of discussions are pointless.
I sense a sabbatical approaching at speed....

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
27 Aug 20

@rajk999 said
The Torah or what the Greek Septuagint refers to as the Pentateuch is the Law of Moses. They are the first 5 books of the bible. The rest of the Old Testament consists of a history of the Jews, the Wisdom of Solomon and the writings of the Prophets.

Must of the OT has writings and explanations that are useful to Christians who like to study the bible as it explains much o ...[text shortened]... meant for Christians.

Some countries / governments choose to base their laws on the Law of Moses.
Oh so it’s only the Old Testament minus the Torah which is applicable to Christians?

S. Korea

Moves
27 Aug 20

@wolfgang59 said
Good tactic to steer the conversation away from assaulting children.
I was actually just responding to a different strain of questioning since I was directly asked.

But by all means, let's return, Wolfgang.

Why is this an incorrect statement?

Usually, children enjoy the attention of the other students, and thus having allies who are entertained by their antics will encourage the behavior.

If the kids are not ignored by their own friends in this case, the teachers approval isn't that important,, IMO.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Aug 20
1 edit

@wolfgang59 said
So you follow the OT except for what is written in the first 5 books because that is for Jews only?
No. I follow the teachings of Jesus Christ as best as I am able. The writings of the OT is useful for proper understanding of Gods purpose but they are not essential writings / teachings.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
27 Aug 20

@philokalia said
Why is this an incorrect statement?

Usually, children enjoy the attention of the other students, and thus having allies who are entertained by their antics will encourage the behavior.

If the kids are not ignored by their own friends in this case, the teachers approval isn't that important,, IMO.
Well it isn't incorrect is it if it's just your opinion.
It is however baseless unless you can provide some context as to how you made
these classroom observations and/or what evidence you have for your conclusions.