How can a loving God allow cancer to exist

How can a loving God allow cancer to exist

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
04 Dec 17

Originally posted by @vivify
If I had the power stop a child from getting cancer but didn't, what would you think of me? That I'm a good loving person?

Christians give a pass to their god for things they'd normally find evil. A fancy titles such as "Alpha and Omega", and grandiose mythology of "holiness", infallibility, etc., somehow turn his flaws into mystical, magical qualitie ...[text shortened]... asically a god—and that they deserve to die for opposing him—excuses his murderous dictatorship.
The difference of course is that the leader of North Korea thinks he can play God, when in fact he is no different to us. Do you think the creation knows better than the creator?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
06 Dec 17

Originally posted by @dj2becker
Do you think the creation knows better than the creator?
Even if you believe in a Creator there is no reason to
suppose its creation could not surpass its own knowledge.

Moves
06 Dec 17

Originally posted by @wolfgang59
Even if you believe in a Creator there is no reason to
suppose its creation could not surpass its own knowledge.
That when it’s creation thinks it can’t even be 100% sure about anything?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
06 Dec 17

That when it’s creation thinks it can’t even be 100% sure about anything?
Amend your grammar and I will reply.

Moves
09 Dec 17

Amend your grammar and I will reply.
I assume you must be proud of your knowledge, even if it is less than one millionth of everything there is to know?

Nil desperandum

Seedy piano bar

Moves
09 Dec 17

According to Ghost an innocent child dying of cancer is incompatible with the existence of a perfectly loving God, leading to the inescapable conclusion that such a deity does not exist.

So my first question to Ghost is why is a child dying of cancer incompatible with the existence of a perfectly loving God? Because he says so?
Only the boundless stupidity of a religiously imprinted mind could ask such an absurd question......

Moves
09 Dec 17

Originally posted by @pianoman1
Only the boundless stupidity of a religiously imprinted mind could ask such an absurd question......
Only the boundless stupidity of the humanist mind could think the creation is more knowledgeable than the creator.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
10 Dec 17

I assume you must be proud of your knowledge, even if it is less than one millionth of everything there is to know?
Is that an assertion or a question?

Moves
10 Dec 17

Is that an assertion or a question?
Rhetorical question.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
10 Dec 17

Rhetorical question.
Your assumption is wrong.

Moves
11 Dec 17

Your assumption is wrong.
Feel free to demonstrate why it is wrong if you can.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
11 Dec 17

Feel free to demonstrate why it is wrong if you can.
dj2becker to wolfgang59 "I assume you must be proud of your knowledge"

I am not proud of my knowledge.
Seems a strange emotion to attach to knowledge.
And I think I would know better than you.
And any rational person would agree that I understand my emotions better than you.
QED

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
12 Dec 17
2 edits

And any rational person would agree that I understand my emotions better than you.
QED
Meanwhile, this alleged god, exsisting or not, is a non-interacting god at best. Clearly not interested in helping humans, animals, or the planet in general since we are actively destroying the planetary ecosystem supposedly given reign over all that, given by god to be the caretakers of the land and we can't even do THAT right. So a god would know that full well but in spite of the absolute fact we are actively screwing up the planet, no intervention.

I assume religious folk just think Earth will be burned to a cinder and only humans live on, and of those, only the ones who sycophantly worship a supposedly all knowing infallible gracious, infinitely powerful god, who just happens to pathologically need humans to worship it and it alone otherwise there will be literal hell to pay.

If that was the case, only humans and of that group only one in a thousand lives on in heaven and Earth burned to a cinder, what was the point of making Earth in the first place, creating a situation where billions of people, admittedly (by the religious) far below this god in morality, grace, power and such, all condemned to eternal pain, so explain why a god would WANT such a situation. Good luck apologizing out that one.

Oh, I have no doubt you will come up with another couple of pages of ancient book verses which you THINK proves your point but really only proves your gullibility.

Moves
13 Dec 17

QED
If you are not proud of your 'knowledge' how do you feel about it? Ashamed?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
13 Dec 17

If you are not proud of your 'knowledge' how do you feel about it? Ashamed?
I don't associate any emotion to my knowledge, seems a weird notion to me.

What emotion do you attach to your "knowledge".