How to forgive?

How to forgive?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T

Moves
09 Mar 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @divegeester
It makes perfect sense to me and it is at the heart of the “gospel” of Jesus Christ which you quote all the time and which I’ve asked you to explain a dozen times... and which you refuse to. So it is of no surprise to me that it makes no sense to you.
There is no forgiveness without repentance. Not a "Sunday School" concept of repentance, but true repentance with the standard given by God in the following:

Ezekiel 18
21“But if a wicked person turns away from all the sins they have committed and keeps all my decrees and does what is just and right, that person will surely live; they will not die. 22None of the offenses they have committed will be remembered against them.

27But if a wicked person turns away from the wickedness they have committed and does what is just and right, they will save their life. 28Because they consider all the offenses they have committed and turn away from them, that person will surely live; they will not die. 29Yet the Israelites say, ‘The way of the Lord is not just.’ Are my ways unjust, people of Israel? Is it not your ways that are unjust? 30“Therefore, you Israelites, I will judge each of you according to your own ways, declares the Sovereign Lord. Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall. 31Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, people of Israel? 32For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign Lord. Repent and live!

The gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry is consistent with this standard of repentance.

With this standard of repentance an individual truly has "a new heart and a new spirit". The former person has died and ceases to exist. Basically the person has been "born again" and is a different person. The new person can and should be viewed as just that - new and different. And "None of the offenses they have committed [should] be remembered against them."

The above is consistent with the the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.

I fully understand that it is antithetical to the "gospel" that you and many Christians believe. You and they believe in the "gospel" about Jesus Christ. You and they believe in that gospel because it is self-serving to do so.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Mar 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
You dont stand on their word. You are misrepresenting their word.

Paul told born again Christian Saints who are saved [like you], that they would not get eternal life in the Kingdom of God unless they lived righteously, avoided sin and do good works.

So clearly saved is not equal to eternal life.
Well quote the passage and let’s look at it.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
09 Mar 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @romans1009
I told you why I’m not wasting my time writing out an answer. If you think it’s because of another reason, that’s fine. I couldn’t care less nor do I think you could either.
I am just curious about what “independent research” did you carry out that confirmed to you that the “resurrection of Jesus Christ was true”?

Is it difficult to answer?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
09 Mar 18

Originally posted by @thinkofone
There is no forgiveness without repentance. Not a "Sunday School" concept of repentance, but true repentance with the standard given by God in the following:

Ezekiel 18
21[b]“But if a wicked person turns away from all the sins they have committed and keeps all my decrees and does what is just and right, that person will surely live; they will not die ...[text shortened]... el" about Jesus Christ. You and they believe in that gospel because it is self-serving to do so.
What is this “good news”, this gospel of Jesus Christ that you keep quoting?

As a vociferous proponent and supporter of the words of Jesus, do you think he was correct when he claimed to be sent by God himself?

Do you hold the word of the OT prophets in the same regard as the words of Jesus

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
09 Mar 18

I fully understand that it is antithetical to the "gospel" that you and many Christians believe.
So you are an ardent believer in the words of Jesus but claim to not be a Christian?

T

Moves
09 Mar 18

What is this “good news”, this gospel of Jesus Christ that you keep quoting?

As a vociferous proponent and supporter of the words of Jesus, do you think he was correct when he claimed to be sent by God himself?

Do you hold the word of the OT prophets in the same regard as the words of Jesus
The gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry is a logical extension of the concepts set forth by God in Ezekiel 18. 

For example: 
John 8 
34Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin. 
31 ...“If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; 32and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.” 
35“The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son does remain forever. 
51Truly, truly, I say to you, if anyone keeps My word he will never see death.” 

Only those who have been made free from committing sin will "remain in the house forever", "will never see death" - in other words have eternal life. 

Those who have not been made free from committing sin will not have eternal life - they will die. 

Jesus even went so far as to quote God from Ezekiel 18 here: 
Matthew 16 
27“For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and WILL THEN REPAY EVERY MAN ACCORDING TO HIS DEEDS. 

And echoes that concept here: 
John 5 
28“Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice, 29and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment. 

Do you think that the above does not parallel and then logically extend the concepts set forth by God in Ezekiel 18? If so, how?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
09 Mar 18
1 edit

The gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry is a logical extension of the concepts set forth by God in Ezekiel 18. 

For example: 
John 8 
34Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin. 
31 ...“If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; 32and you will know the truth, and ...[text shortened]... not parallel and then logically extend the concepts set forth by God in Ezekiel 18? If so, how?
So you only think Ez. Is the OT book that displays the gospel of Jesus? What about the kingdom of heaven? What about access to the Father, what that all about? What about my other questions I’ve been asking you for weeks? Such as Do you believe Jesus when he said he was going to be resurrected? Do you believe him when he said he was sent by God? Do you believe him when said that he would heal the sick?

Do you think the OT books are as reliable as the NT books? If not which ones do think are reliable and why?

T

Moves
09 Mar 18
1 edit

So you only think Ez. Is the OT book that displays the gospel of Jesus? What about the kingdom of heaven? What about access to the Father, what that all about? What about my other questions I’ve been asking you for weeks? Such as Do you believe Jesus when he said he was going to be resurrected? Do you believe him when he said he was sent by God? Do you ...[text shortened]... k the OT books are as reliable as the NT books? If not which ones do think are reliable and why?
You seemed to have missed the point.

But to be fair I suppose that the following taken out of context might have been confusing to you:
"The gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry is a logical extension of the concepts set forth by God in Ezekiel 18. "

Perhaps I should have been more explicit and have written:
"The gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry CONTAINS a logical extension of the concepts set forth by God in Ezekiel 18. "

Do you think that what I presented in my previous post does not parallel and then logically extend the concepts set forth by God in Ezekiel 18? If so, how?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
09 Mar 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
Let me simplify this. There is no such thing as
salvation by faith
salvation by works

Those are your classifications and they mean nothing to Christ.
I have never used those expressions. They are nonsense.

Salvation or eternal life is through Jesus Christ.
This means that it is Jesus Christ who decides who gets eternal life.

I await the judgement of Christ
You apparently already have it.
So apparently, you have no belief in anything written in the Bible.

Good to know, although not for you.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
09 Mar 18

What do you mean by “heart”, the blood pump?
Must you adhere to the ignorance of the atheist?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
09 Mar 18

Originally posted by @suzianne
Must you adhere to the ignorance of the atheist?
Wise man say, 'ignorance is usually preserved in a Holy book.'

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Mar 18

I am just curious about what “independent research” did you carry out that confirmed to you that the “resurrection of Jesus Christ was true”?

Is it difficult to answer?
I already answered that query. What dudn’t you understand from my previous answer?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Mar 18

So you are an ardent believer in the words of Jesus but claim to not be a Christian?
He doesn’t believe Jesus was God in the flesh, sacrificed Himself to atone for the sins of mankind and was Resurrected.

That’s the foundational belief of Christianity. How can you be a Christian and not believe that?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
09 Mar 18

You seemed to have missed the point.

But to be fair I suppose that the following taken out of context might have been confusing to you:
"The gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry is a logical extension of the concepts set forth by God in Ezekiel 18. "

Perhaps I should have been more explicit and have written:
"The gospel preached by Jesus ...[text shortened]... not parallel and then logically extend the concepts set forth by God in Ezekiel 18? If so, how?
I assure you I haven’t missed your point. The point I’m making is that you are a fraud.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
09 Mar 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
I already answered that query. What dudn’t you understand from my previous answer?
You just refused to answer, presumably because you are unable to and are using your feigned indignation with me to avoid doing so.