I can’t think of a worse thing

I can’t think of a worse thing

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 May 22

@fmf said
I sense the foundations of Christianity's key components ~ misanthropy and narcissism ~ in this text. Neither word appears in it though, of course. But then the word "justice" doesn't appear either. Interesting.
It doesn't matter what you find interesting if God holds everyone accountable
for the wrongs, they have done.

F

Moves
16 May 22

@kellyjay said
Rather than generic statements like this, why not meet some of my posts head-on?

F

Moves
16 May 22

@kellyjay said
You being "held accountable" means what? You are going to "heaven", right? Despite "the wrongs [you] have done"?

ENGLAND

Moves
16 May 22

@kellyjay said
Justice is every wrong accounted for without exception; not sure why you think that
is odd.
Are there any sins committed by anyone anywhere at anytime, which Christ’s atonement does NOT “account “ for?

ENGLAND

Moves
16 May 22
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Then why aren’t you going to be held accountable for your wrongs and your evil?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 May 22

@fmf said
You being "held accountable" means what? You are going to "heaven", right? Despite "the wrongs [you] have done"?
No, the one point in this is your overlooking more than likely on purpose is God on a cross. The only people who can receive the grace of Jesus Christ are bad people those who owe up to God they need His grace. You don’t want it, ignore it, presume to have it without Christ stay in the condemnation that their sins demand.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 May 22

@divegeester said
Are there any sins committed by anyone anywhere at anytime, which Christ’s atonement does NOT “account “ for?
None that He cannot atone for! That doesn’t mean all of our sins are automatically forgiven for reasons already discussed.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 May 22
2 edits

@divegeester

You are not SUPPOSE to be able to think of anything worse that not being reconciled to God.

That is the point. To not be reconciled to God is the worst possible thing in the universe.

It is SUPPOSE to be conveyed that there could be nothing more unfortunate than to follow the Devil and his angels into the punishment prepared for them.

You don't know abut "billions and billions". You only know that by the time of the eternal age one must be recorded in the book of life or else he goes to the lake of fire.

Suppose ther ewere no salvastion and every last created being was lost forever?
Do you think if NOBODY was saved God would be not perfect?

Jesus said of Judas, that it would be good for the man who betrayed the Son of Man that he never was born. (Matt. 26:24)

There is nothing worse such that non-existence would be preferable.
It came out of the mouth of Jesus.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 May 22

God is faithful to tell us that there is a greatest possible offense accompanied by a greatest possible judgment.

"I can't think of a worse thing" - then eternal damnation? Neither can I.
There is no accident to that.

Wouldn't it be better to be clearly warned by God than to be in ignorance?

ENGLAND

Moves
16 May 22

@sonship said
@divegeester

You are not SUPPOSE to be able to think of anything worse that not being reconciled to God.

That is the point. To not be reconciled to God is the worst possible thing in the universe.

It is SUPPOSE to be conveyed that there could be nothing more unfortunate than to follow the Devil and his angels into the punishment prepared for them.

You d ...[text shortened]... s nothing worse such that non-existence would be preferable.
It came out of the mouth of Jesus.
When you put it like that it certainly does sound like an intimidating threat from a deity not completely in control of either their creation or their anger.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 May 22

@divegeester said
When you put it like that it certainly does sound like an intimidating threat from a deity not completely in control of either their creation or their anger.
God is in control of His anger if not we would more than likely never be. Our race would have been ended a long time ago. Jesus on the cross was restraining judgment against us by taking on our guilt, His patience is amazing as far as I am concerned. There is a fixed day coming!

ENGLAND

Moves
16 May 22

@kellyjay said
There is a fixed day coming!
Is this the day all the people who have disagreed with you on the internet because they are “under the influence of demons”, will get their comupance?

ENGLAND

Moves
16 May 22

@sonship said
Wouldn't it be better to be clearly warned by God than to be in ignorance?
I haven’t been “warned by God”.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 May 22

@divegeester said
Is this the day all the people who have disagreed with you on the internet because they are “under the influence of demons”, will get their comupance?
More than likely when you have to explain how you put your moral compass over scripture.

ENGLAND

Moves
16 May 22
2 edits

@kellyjay said
More than likely when you have to explain how you put your moral compass over scripture.
Do you think I am at risk of being being tortured with liquid fire by Jesus, for not believing in being tortured in liquid fire?