I can’t think of a worse thing

I can’t think of a worse thing

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
14 May 22

@kellyjay said
Shame, you felt the need to run away; I was looking forward to your response.
You are using the words "run away" incorrectly.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 May 22

@fmf said
You are using the words "run away" incorrectly.
No, I'm using them the way I want to use them. It's amusing that you think anyone
can say "run away" incorrectly.

ENGLAND

Moves
14 May 22

@josephw said
You're an ATM repairman? 😏
I don’t know what that is.

ENGLAND

Moves
14 May 22

@josephw said
I can think of something worse.

But you don't want to hear it.
Yes I do.

ENGLAND

Moves
14 May 22

@kellyjay said
Shame, you felt the need to run away; I was looking forward to your response.
Just hold your vinegar strokes KellyJay 😉

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 May 22

@divegeester said
Just hold your vinegar strokes KellyJay 😉
That's new, or at least I have not seen it yet. 🙂

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 May 22

@divegeester said
I wanted to start a thread called “would you believe in your god if….” Where the idea is to present some increasingly terrible things that a god being might do and ask the protagonists if they would believe in their god if it did that thing.

But it occurred to me quite quickly that the hellfire Christians already have it sown up with the doctrine of “eternal suffering ...[text shortened]... asure, the most terrible, the most amoral , the most disgusting thing anyone could do.

Congrats!
You replace Hell with what?

ENGLAND

Moves
14 May 22

@kellyjay said
You replace Hell with what?
No hell.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 May 22
1 edit

@divegeester said
No hell.
So what happens to those found in their sins without Christ? What happens to those
who Jesus told if they didn't forgive, those who sinned against them would not be
forgiven? What happens to those outside of Christ where it is said that they are
condemned already? What does condemned mean according to you, with your no
hell? What happens to those who reject Jesus' great salvation? What happens to
the unrepentant rapists, murderers, and so on? Will justice just be ignored?

ENGLAND

Moves
15 May 22

@kellyjay said
So what happens to those found in their sins without Christ? What happens to those
who Jesus told if they didn't forgive, those who sinned against them would not be
forgiven? What happens to those outside of Christ where it is said that they are
condemned already? What does condemned mean according to you, with your no
hell? What happens to those who reject Jesus' great ...[text shortened]... ation? What happens to
the unrepentant rapists, murderers, and so on? Will justice just be ignored?
Whether or not I have an alternative to your homicidal maniac version of justice has no bearing on the pitch of my OP, which is that you already have the worse thing imaginable as part of your moral compass.

ENGLAND

Moves
15 May 22

@stryker said
@divegeester
What is your belief/opinion about the Bible? Is it the word of God or something else. Can all of it be taken literally, parts of it or none of it? Is it allegory if so to what extent? If allegory, do you think there could be a deeper meaning behind passages not yet revealed as to their meaning or understood by you or others?
Here you will find something I prepared for when people who have read my posts, as you have, but still like to ask the same questions over and over again.

Thread 192908

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 May 22
1 edit

@divegeester said
Whether or not I have an alternative to your homicidal maniac version of justice has no bearing on the pitch of my OP, which is that you already have the worse thing imaginable as part of your moral compass.
Don't run away; dive, answer the questions if you can not think of a worse thing,
then what thing do you think is going to occur to those who stand in front of
the One who laid down His life so they could be forgiven and they ignore, rejected
Him, and loved their sins more. What is it that God is going to do with them, allow
them into His Kingdom when they rejected the only declared by God to come to
Himself, Jesus Christ.

Don't run away; dive, answer the questions, man up! Is God going to treat the
unrepentant rapist with the same grace and mercy as that rapist victim, making one
who was harmed and turned towards God equally righteous in the blood of Jesus?

Don't run away, dive; you started this thread saying hell is the worst thing, so if Hell
is found in the scriptures, you have to have an alternative to say this is better; if not
what are you suggesting I don't like it and nothing more needs to be said? You are
calling out God's justice and righteousness, saying if this is real He is a homicidal
maniac according to you, so speak up, own your words, declare what you a sinner
with faults can come up better than God.

ENGLAND

Moves
15 May 22

@kellyjay said
Don't run away; dive
You are using the phrase “run away” incorrectly kellyjay.

You are the person asserting that hell exists, I have provided reasons why the notion of it is incomprehensible amoral nonsense.

Wether I can or I cannot provide you with an alternative to your ridiculous belief of Jesus personally torturing billions of people for eternity, doesn’t mean you are correct.

It’s called critical thinking.

ENGLAND

Moves
15 May 22

@kellyjay said

Don't run away; dive, answer the questions, man up!
You are using the phrases “man up” and “don’t run away” incorrectly kellyjay.

I simply don’t know the answer to your question of what would happen to all the unrepentant sinners, what I DO know is that your belief of what happens to them is medieval, incomprehensible, amoral, brutal, homicidal nonsense.

ENGLAND

Moves
15 May 22

@kellyjay said
Don't run away, dive; you started this thread saying hell is the worst thing, so if Hell
is found in the scriptures, you have to have an alternative to say this is better; if not
what are you suggesting I don't like it and nothing more needs to be said? You are
calling out God's justice and righteousness, saying if this is real He is a homicidal
maniac according to you, so speak up, own your words, declare what you a sinner
with faults can come up better than God.
I’m not running away I’m right here and my OP is right there on page 1 waiting for you to address it instead of asking me to chase your red herring of providing an alternative.