I can’t think of a worse thing

I can’t think of a worse thing

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
16 May 22

@kellyjay said
No, the one point in this is your overlooking more than likely on purpose is God on a cross. The only people who can receive the grace of Jesus Christ are bad people those who owe up to God they need His grace. You don’t want it, ignore it, presume to have it without Christ stay in the condemnation that their sins demand.
It's not that I am "ignoring" anything, KellyJay. Indeed, I listen to you going on and on and on about it day in, day out. It's just that it comes across as morally incoherent and therefore not credible.

To me, you have simply latched on to a mythology that gives you consolation. True to its misanthropic and narcissistic essence, you believe that you yourself are immune from the darkly ludicrous fate supposedly awaiting people who don't share your beliefs.

F

Moves
17 May 22

@sonship said
You are not SUPPOSE to be able to think of anything worse that not being reconciled to God. That is the point. To not be reconciled to God is the worst possible thing in the universe.
I don't think that something that is the most depraved and demented violence ever dredged up from the darkest depths of the human imagination is evidence that it is a "divinely inspired", even if it is then attributed to a creator entity that has been anthropomorphized to a preposterous degree.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
17 May 22

@divegeester said
Do you think I am at risk of being being tortured with liquid fire by Jesus, for not believing in being tortured in liquid fire?
If you find yourself outside of Christ's grace, it's the wrath of God that is true
for everyone.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
17 May 22
1 edit

@fmf said
It's not that I am "ignoring" anything, KellyJay. Indeed, I listen to you going on and on and on about it day in, day out. It's just that it comes across as morally incoherent and therefore not credible.

To me, you have simply latched on to a mythology that gives you consolation. True to its misanthropic and narcissistic essence, you believe that you yourself are immune from the darkly ludicrous fate supposedly awaiting people who don't share your beliefs.
Do you have something that tells you why everything is here, even a theory that
can be backed up with a cause?

F

Moves
17 May 22

@kellyjay said
Do you have something that tells you why everything is here, even a theory that
can be backed up with a cause?
My theories are [1] that there is a creator entity that made everything ["a cause"], and [2] the universe has always existed ["no cause"], but my overarching realization [as I would put it, because it seems patently obvious to me] is that none of us knows "why [or how] everything is here".

I don't expect theology to ever explain the origin of the universe. I think the nearest we get to understanding the nature of a creator entity, if there is one, [and this is putting it very succinctly] is the laws of physics.

ENGLAND

Moves
17 May 22

@kellyjay said
If you find yourself outside of Christ's grace, it's the wrath of God that is true
for everyone.
Do you think I am at risk of being being tortured with liquid fire by Jesus, for not believing in being tortured in liquid fire?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
17 May 22

@divegeester said
Unless you are right with the Lord, the rest doesn't matter.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
17 May 22

@fmf said
My theories are [1] that there is a creator entity that made everything ["a cause"], and [2] the universe has always existed ["no cause"], but my overarching realization [as I would put it, because it seems patently obvious to me] is that none of us knows "why [or how] everything is here".

I don't expect theology to ever explain the origin of the universe. I think the nearest ...[text shortened]... a creator entity, if there is one, [and this is putting it very succinctly] is the laws of physics.
The law of {anything} is simply what we have come to expect, that doesn't not
address what started it all.

ENGLAND

Moves
17 May 22
1 edit

@kellyjay said
I’m aware of that in terms of “in Christ” thanks.

So you don’t think I am at risk of being being tortured with liquid fire by Jesus, simply for not believing in being tortured in liquid fire?

ENGLAND

Moves
17 May 22

@kellyjay said
What does this actually mean?

F

Moves
17 May 22

@kellyjay said
The law of {anything} is simply what we have come to expect, that doesn't not
address what started it all.
I answered your question. You asked me to tell you what I think about the question of "what started it all". If you are not particularly interested, so be it. I was not seeking to "address what started it all" in a way that would be to your personal satisfaction.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
17 May 22
2 edits

@divegeester said
I’m aware of that in terms of “in Christ” thanks.

So you don’t think I am at risk of being being tortured with liquid fire by Jesus, simply for not believing in being tortured in liquid fire?
Hell is a reality; you can make fun of it, and anyone who acknowledges it will not
change things. You can do a lot of things here, all of which, in the end, you will give
an account for; they will either be brought under the blood of Christ, or you will
answer for them directly.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
17 May 22

@fmf said
I answered your question. You asked me to tell you what I think about the question of "what started it all". If you are not particularly interested, so be it. I was not seeking to "address what started it all" in a way that would be to your personal satisfaction.
If you don't know how it started, and are not interested, then the only thing you
are doing is assigning values, making up all the whys, and putting up definitions
without a complete view of the whole. You rule out some and castrate a few while
elevating others. You fill in your gaps in knowledge with your imagination with what
you like, not even entertaining possibilities; you are making all the pieces fit without
any idea what the whole picture looks like while refusing to entertain there could
be a whole picture we can see while looking at all of the pieces.

F

Moves
17 May 22

@kellyjay said
If you don't know how it started, and are not interested, then the only thing you
are doing is assigning values, making up all the whys, and putting up definitions
without a complete view of the whole.
If you don't know how it started [>1], and are not interested [>2], then the only thing you are doing is assigning values [>3], making up all the whys [>4], and putting up definitions [>5] without a complete view of the whole [>6].

[1] Neither of us knows "how it started", or if it did.

[2] I have not said I am "not interested"; hey now, KellyJay, just because [2a] neither of us knows and I admit it, and [2b] I don't find your ancient Hebrew mythology-based speculative 'gap fill' persuasive, does not mean I am "not interested". It's interesting to see how you feel the need to throw these little disingenuous things into what you type.

[3] As human beings, because it is our nature as sentient and communal creatures, we assign values to things and this becomes the basis of our each and every moral compass; you assign values too; you synthesize stuff from your human environment [like all your religious stuff, for example], process it using your character and personhood, and end up with values assigned.

[4] You "make up" the "whys" too; everyone finds their own "whos" and "whys" and "what fors". You obviously feel very, very strongly that I should adopt the same ones as you have.

[5] Rather like No.[3], we use definitions in order to make communication - and therefore interaction - possible.

[6] If you have found a version of "a complete view of the whole" that floats your spiritual and philosophical boat, then so be it.

Note: I've gone to all this trouble to sift through what you put to me and I have answered it point by point. I wonder if you will engage it or whether you will just blow it off and make some generic assertions about your faith. We shall see.

F

Moves
17 May 22

@kellyjay said
You rule out some and castrate a few while
elevating others. You fill in your gaps in knowledge with your imagination with what
you like, not even entertaining possibilities; you are making all the pieces fit without
any idea what the whole picture looks like while refusing to entertain there could
be a whole picture we can see while looking at all of the pieces.
What have I "ruled out"?

What have I "castrated"?

What have I "elevated"?

What possibilities am I not "entertaining"?

How have I "filled gaps" with my imagination?

You appear to be projecting all manner of stuff onto me in a very disingenuous way.