1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 15:431 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    But it is not about past performance. It is entirely about what will happen moving forward. I appears that Kelly has no intentions whatsoever of a 'fresh start' and plans to continue shunning those that displease him speaking ever so politely to the rest of you whilst his halo hovers above his head.
    I don't know about that. Appearances can be deceiving.

Such as the impression I'm getting that you hold grudges. Am I correct?

I think we're all too judgemental, and the idea is to take this debate to a higher level. I think we know what that means.
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 15:511 edit
    The responses have been interesting so far.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 16:04
    So you say, but your actions speak otherwise. That is my point. Rudeness is not just about foul language.
    "Rudeness is not just about foul language." twhitehead, we agree.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 17:00
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "Rudeness is not just about foul language." twhitehead, we agree.
    Hey dude, don't make it bad
    Take a sad thread and make it better
    Remember to let it into your heart
    Then you can start to make it better

Hey dude, don't be afraid
    You were made to post something better
    The minute you don't let them under your skin
    Then you begin to make it better

And anytime you feel the pain, hey dude, refrain
    Don't carry the world upon your shoulders
    For well you know that it's a fool who's posts are rude
    By making his words a little colder
    Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 18:13
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I understand your point, but aside from certain individuals we must remember that people have jobs and other interests. Sometimes I don't look at the forum for a week, unless I asked a question or have a particular interest.
    I try to browse quickly on a daily basis, but sometimes it is 2 days or more, depending on the circumstances in my life, which we all have.
    I have no problem with people taking their time to answer questions. I also have no problem with people not following every thread and missing questions they were asked etc. I don't read every thread either.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 18:17
    Originally posted by josephw
    I don't know about that. Appearances can be deceiving.

Such as the impression I'm getting that you hold grudges. Am I correct?
    Incorrect. I am merely pointing out Kelly's hypocrisy. If he wants more civil debate, he should start with himself rather than pointing fingers. Suzzianne is also famous for complaining non-stop about abuse whilst abusing everyone she can.

I think we're all too judgemental, and the idea is to take this debate to a higher level. I think we know what that means.
    I am always up for reasonable civil debate. I have had a few good threads where things were kept reasonably civil. We often had to part ways purely due to a failure to understand each other despite all participants speaking perfectly good English.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 19:09
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Hey dude, don't make it bad
    Take a sad thread and make it better
    Remember to let it into your heart
    Then you can start to make it better

Hey dude, don't be afraid
    You were made to post something better
    The minute you don't let them under your skin
    Then you begin to make it better

And anytime you feel the pain, hey dude, refrain
    Don't car ...[text shortened]... l who's posts are rude
    By making his words a little colder
    Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah
    An incredible impromptu sonnet plus one line with nine "Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nahs" worthy of Will. Publish yet?
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 19:16
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    An incredible impromptu sonnet plus one line with nine "Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nahs" worthy of Will. Publish yet?
    Dude, you know i plagiarized it from the Beatles right?
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 19:34
    Unfortunately, no. I wouldn't have without at least a veiled attribution. Sorry.
    My very first social error of the year. Ha,

Postscript: If my nickname was Auntie Anne, would I be a Dudette?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 19:53
    The problem is that is really isn't just about derogatory words. What typically happens is that one of the posters avoids answering a question - then their opposition starts to press or to bait them to try and get them to give a straight answer. This may come in the form of derogatory words, or it may be in the form of repeatedly asking the same question, ...[text shortened]... l things.
    This thread seem to me an attempt to get licence to behave badly without consequence.
    A little ironic it is that you and I, who can often caustically disagree, agree in this thread. Of all threads.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 23:28
    Incorrect. I am merely pointing out Kelly's hypocrisy. If he wants more civil debate, he should start with himself rather than pointing fingers. Suzzianne is also famous for complaining non-stop about abuse whilst abusing everyone she can.

[b]I think we're all too judgemental, and the idea is to take this debate to a higher level. I think we know what ...[text shortened]... to a failure to understand each other despite all participants speaking perfectly good English.
    "Failure to understand".

That is spot on. I think what we're aiming at is facilitating a better understanding of each other by keeping the debate in a positive mode by being more objective and less critical of each other on a personal level.

I guess you'll have to work it out with Kelly.
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 23:35
    I do! That song really sucks. 😉

From the time if first heard it back in the day before you were born probably.

roflmao
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Jul '15 05:17
    I think it must also be noted that rudeness comes in many forms. It is well known that Kelly practices shunning, which is a form of rudeness and is actually used as a form of punishment in some societies. Grampy is well known for his extreme rudeness whilst using polite words. A 'thank you for your thoughts' comment in the wrong place can be the height of ...[text shortened]... oss as honesty in the right context and extreme politeness can come across as snobbery or worse.
    Well said.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Jul '15 05:271 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    I see your point, but a fresh start doesn't include bringing up the past.

If the geester wants to press Kelly about past performance then I will let that rest between those two, but I don't think that debate lends itself to moving forward.

Sometimes we need to be satisfied with the answer we get out of respect for the one being questioned. It is not fo ...[text shortened]... tory remarks about the one with who I'm debating. Which is the point of this "fresh start" idea.
    KellyJay is ignoring me now, not in the past. Ignoring someone in here is not only poor forum debating etiquette, it is personal rudeness and actually quite juvenile. It also underlines the weakness of the persons position.

Complaining about being questioned about your beliefs on a spiritual discussion board is ridiculous. Especially considering the nature of some the extreme beliefs being discussed.
  15. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    15 Jul '15 05:32
    Originally posted by divegeester
    KellyJay is ignoring me now, not in the past. Ignoring someone in here is not only poor forum debating etiquette, it is personal rudeness and actually quite juvenile. It also underlines the weakness of the persons position.

Complaining about being questioned about your beliefs on a spiritual discussion board is ridiculous. Especially considering the nature of some the extreme beliefs being discussed.
    http://static.oprah.com/images/o2/20130428-lifeclass-dr-phil-7-949x534.jpg

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree