1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 18:29
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Why is it never directly stated?

Seems to me that OSAS is man's attempt to explain something based on assumptions.

Of course if OSAS is directly stated in the Bible I would love to see it quoted.

No quotes as to why it must be true in your eyes. I want a direct Biblical statement that says if you believe you are saved then you are saved and can nev ...[text shortened]... elect but no where do I find the elect know who they are. They simply work out their salvation.
    <<I want a direct Biblical statement that says if you believe you are saved then you are saved and can never lose your salvation.>>

Salvation is not based on someone believing he or she is saved. It’s based on someone believing in Jesus Christ.
  2. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 18:45
    Those are the elect.

But Once Saved Always Saved takes it a step further and tells people to judge for themselves if they are part of the elect.
    No, it tells people that all whom are saved are the elect. OSAS (apart from the verses already quoted) is a conclusion based on deductive reasoning. It starts with total depravity. If we are utterly depraved inasmuch as we cannot achieve true faith on our own (spiritually dead requiring rebirth through the work of the HS, see Lazarus), then we must transform from unbeliever to believer. That requires action on God's part.

The conclusion that the saints--whom are elected--whom God directly worked upon--will not and cannot reject God's work is logical. If we are inclined to return back to a state of unbelief--considering our natural state of depravity--wouldn't we all naturally reject our faith? Also, what sense would it make for God to go to the effort of working with us and transforming us, only to have the work wasted as we reject it?

And ultimately, the OSAS doctrine is based on God's utter and complete sovereignty. Basically, if it were up to us, none of us would have anything to do with him. But it's not up to us. Thank God.

I rambled, and probably missed some great points. But anyway.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 19:00
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    <<I want a direct Biblical statement that says if you believe you are saved then you are saved and can never lose your salvation.>>

Salvation is not based on someone believing he or she is saved. It’s based on someone believing in Jesus Christ.
    The devil believes
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 19:10
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    The devil believes
    Indeed. So good works must come into play.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 19:211 edit
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Stepping out of the way of one with apparent need for serious professional psychological help with his / her personality?

Well, okay.
    Count it as dodging.
    You’re a lightweight Christian imo sonship. All talk and no action, no guts, limited honesty and dodgy doctrines. If you’ve got something to say in reply to my post content then say it, otherwise as you succinctly said to me recently...shut up!!
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 19:22
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    What are you asking for?
    Wow!

First of all you realise you are speaking to me?
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 19:24
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    No, it tells people that all whom are saved are the elect. OSAS (apart from the verses already quoted) is a conclusion based on deductive reasoning. It starts with total depravity. If we are utterly depraved inasmuch as we cannot achieve true faith on our own (spiritually dead requiring rebirth through the work of the HS, see Lazarus), then we ...[text shortened]... it's not up to us. Thank God.

I rambled, and probably missed some great points. But anyway.
    The concept of man being utterly depraved does not exist in the Bible. Except of course if one passage is taken out context and twisted.

Man is nothing according to you and God is everything therefore if man fails its Gods fault .. clearly. But then Paul said that some men fail. [Let me know if you want the references .. there are dozens]

So its Gods fault. Nice doctrine
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 19:24
    Start up a new thread instead of trying to change the topic on this one.
    You are just dodging my point. Have you any courage at all or are you really just the cowardly right-wing Christian you present here?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 19:25
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Like the "trinity" is never directly stated for example?
    Bump for Eladar...
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 19:261 edit
    Wow!

I think Ghost had a chat with him over a game of chess and convinced him to speak to us... Im guessing but thats the only reasonable guess I can make. He is a Christian so internal motivation to do the right thing is dead. He needs someone to prod him to do the right thing .. lol 😀
  11. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 19:48
    Salvation is not the central issue. Knowing God is the central issue.

Putting God into man's box is this topic.
    This very thread title is about salvation. If it is actually about knowing God, that is only as a prerequisite to salvation, I.e., knowing the “right thing” about God, to wit, whether God issues OSAS certificates.

Anybody who denies that the central issue of Christianity is salvation, needs a reality check.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 20:25
    You’re a lightweight Christian imo sonship. All talk and no action, no guts, limited honesty and dodgy doctrines. If you’ve got something to say in reply to my post content then say it, otherwise as you succinctly said to me recently...shut up!!
    That's right. Shut up.

Your mind is on vacation and your mouth is working overtime.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 20:34
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Indeed. So good works must come into play.
    Actually Jesus comes into play works will follow. Without Christ in our lives nothing about us will change.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 20:35
    Wow!

Yes I undid all of my blocks and ignores, hopefully I don’t regret it.
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 20:395 edits
    Originally posted by @sonship
    That's right. Shut up.

Preach it Mose.

Ever since the world ended
    I don't go out as much

It's just as well the world ended
    It wasn't working anyway

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree