If OSAS is in the Bible.

If OSAS is in the Bible.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
14 Jun 18

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
This sentiment is fluff, without substance
It's a Russian bumper sticker
Spoken as a true child of Satan.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
14 Jun 18

Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
I know you hate me; I know we disagree; I'm not so arrogant as to think I have all the answers. I answered the general question with a general answer in what little time I had to type something up. I never said anyone who disagrees with it is wrong. Unlike you, I don't condemn everyone who disagrees with me to hell. I don't play God.
I like this post

It has all the right points backwards.
You can have answers without being arrogant

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
14 Jun 18

Originally posted by @eladar
Spoken as a true child of Satan.
Drop off
Your words are painful and manipulative . You think you know stuff about people but your posts repeatedly show you know squat

E

Moves
14 Jun 18

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
Drop off
Your words are painful and manipulative . You think you know stuff about people but your posts repeatedly show you know squat
Sounds like you were looking in the mirror when you made that post.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Jun 18

Why is it never directly stated?

Seems to me that OSAS is man's attempt to explain something based on assumptions.

Of course if OSAS is directly stated in the Bible I would love to see it quoted.

No quotes as to why it must be true in your eyes. I want a direct Biblical statement that says if you believe you are saved then you are saved and can nev ...[text shortened]... elect but no where do I find the elect know who they are. They simply work out their salvation.
“And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

(John 3:14-16)

“Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

(Romans 8:33-39)

E

Moves
14 Jun 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
“And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

(John 3:14-16)

“Who shall lay ...[text shortened]... ble to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

(Romans 8:33-39)
Nothing you quoted says once saved always saved.

True believers blindly insert meanings not there.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Jun 18

Nothing you quoted says once saved always saved.

True believers blindly insert meanings not there.
What do you think John 3:15 means? If one has eternal life and loses it, was it eternal in the first place?

The Romans’ verses are saying nothing separates us from Christ’s love.

You seem to think the Bible should be written like a kindergarten picture book. And even then, you’d probably argue over what “See Spot run” meant.

It doesn’t say where he’s running or how fast. How do you define run? Maybe it’s a fast jog. If someone on a train sees Spot standing still, it may only look like Spot is running when he’s really walking. Maybe Spot is on a skateboard. If we can only see Spot from the ankles up, it may look like he’s running, when it’s really the skateboard propelling him.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
14 Jun 18
2 edits

Originally posted by @romans1009
You seem to think the Bible should be written like a kindergarten picture book. And even then, you’d probably argue over what “See Spot run” meant.

It doesn’t say where he’s running or how fast. How do you define run? Maybe it’s a fast jog. If someone on a train sees Spot standing still, it may only look like Spot is running when he’s really walking. ...[text shortened]... om the ankles up, it may look like he’s running, when it’s really the skateboard propelling him.
You just perfectly illustrated what it's like to debate something with most of these social media atheists. It's quite painful (just as intended). Obfuscation, unnecessary (yet intentional) complication, dodging, obsession with irrelevant details..... yep. You nailed it.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
14 Jun 18
1 edit

Start a thread and ask the social media atheists to describe as succinctly as possible what they would require in order to be convinced that God exists. Then get your popcorn ready.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Jun 18
1 edit

Start a thread and ask the social media atheists to describe as succinctly as possible what they would require in order to be convinced that God exists. Then get your popcorn ready.
Even the Pharisees, when they saw Jesus performing miracles including raising people from the dead, refused to believe. It’d be no different today. Some people’s hearts are so hardened and minds are so closed, nothing will make them believe.

F

Moves
14 Jun 18

Start a thread about that then.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
14 Jun 18

How do you know you are not wrong about receiving the gift?

Do you believe your perception of reality is perfect?
These are good questions. It is said that all we truly know is "I am." I know that I exist. That's all I can be 100% certain of.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Jun 18

How do you know you are not wrong about receiving the gift?

Do you believe your perception of reality is perfect?

Do you not believe it likely a child of Satan can be easily decieved?
<<How do you know you are not wrong about receiving the gift?

Do you believe your perception of reality is perfect?>>

“The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:”

(Romans 8:16)

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
14 Jun 18

Sounds like you were looking in the mirror when you made that post.
I suggest, I dont tell people what to do.
Please read more carefully

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Jun 18
2 edits

Why is it never directly stated?

Seems to me that OSAS is man's attempt to explain something based on assumptions.

Of course if OSAS is directly stated in the Bible I would love to see it quoted.

No quotes as to why it must be true in your eyes. I want a direct Biblical statement that says if you believe you are saved then you are saved and can nev ...[text shortened]... elect but no where do I find the elect know who they are. They simply work out their salvation.
Matthew 7
3 “Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to
destruction, and those who enter by it are many. 14 For the gate is narrow and the way is
hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the
one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to
me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name,
and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never
knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

I think greater questions to be asked are, is there a need to be saved? We are told that
entering the gate that leads to life is narrow and only a few find it. This declares that then
most people are walking paths that are leading them into destruction. Begging the
questions what is the narrow way, and how is it found?

We are also told a couple of things in scripture about the numbers of people claiming to
know Jesus and saying to Him, "Lord, Lord..." they are going to hear the words, “I never
knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.” This despite as they claim, they
were doing works in Jesus’ name, which Jesus on judgment day doesn’t dispute, if it were
works alone why would that be said, if they believed in Jesus to do works in His name
why would Jesus say, “I never knew you, depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.”
Just believing isn’t enough, these had a mixture of both works and beliefs, but Jesus
denied knowing them.

Before we start worrying about how long it lasts, what is it we are talking about needs
to be clarified, what is it that God requires of us? Some people here think we don't need
saved, believing there is no such thing as sin. Some believe people can do good works
to be saved? There are those who feel they are the chosen ones that are called to be
children of God? Some believe every way gets them too God, it doesn’t matter just go for
it.

Bottom line, what most people believe doesn’t seem to be all that important since more
of them are wrong and walking a path that leads to destruction. Jesus while denying
some that did believe in Him enough to do works in His name, stated something very
important, “I never knew you…”

What is the hope of mankind? What is the way? Well the Way, Truth, and Life is Jesus,
it is getting right with God through Jesus that matters. It is due to Jesus not anything we
do we are saved, but because of God’s rich mercy, His great love towards us even
through we were dead in our trespasses before a Holy God, He made us alive in Christ.
Bottom line, it is time to go to God in Jesus name until you receive Jesus Christ, without
God’s Spirit, you do not belong to Him.

John 14
6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the
Father except through me.

1 Corinthians 1:30
And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God,
righteousness and sanctification and redemption,

Ephesians 2:4-6 English Standard Version (ESV)
4 But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, 5
even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by
grace you have been saved— 6 and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the
heavenly places in Christ Jesus,

Romans 8:9
You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in
you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him.