If OSAS is in the Bible.

If OSAS is in the Bible.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
13 Jun 18

Originally posted by @js357
This very thread title is about salvation. If it is actually about knowing God, that is only as a prerequisite to salvation, I.e., knowing the “right thing” about God, to wit, whether God issues OSAS certificates.

Anybody who denies that the central issue of Christianity is salvation, needs a reality check.
You will not know God without being saved.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
13 Jun 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
The concept of man being utterly depraved does not exist in the Bible. Except of course if one passage is taken out context and twisted.

Man is nothing according to you and God is everything therefore if man fails its Gods fault .. clearly. But then Paul said that some men fail. [Let me know if you want the references .. there are dozens]

So its Gods fault. Nice doctrine
I know you hate me; I know we disagree; I'm not so arrogant as to think I have all the answers. I answered the general question with a general answer in what little time I had to type something up. I never said anyone who disagrees with it is wrong. Unlike you, I don't condemn everyone who disagrees with me to hell. I don't play God.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Jun 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @kellyjay
It is not important to Know God. Neither is it important to be 'saved' in the sense you think
What is important is to abide in Christ / abide in the love of Christ.

If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. (John 15:10 KJV)

All the world is saved by the blood of Christ. There is only one other duty left for man to do:
- church preaches to believe in Christ and
- Christ preaches to obey his commandments

In the end who saved or who enters the Kingdom of God, Jesus says are the ones who follow his commandments.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Jun 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
I know you hate me; I know we disagree; I'm not so arrogant as to think I have all the answers. I answered the general question with a general answer in what little time I had to type something up. I never said anyone who disagrees with it is wrong. Unlike you, I don't condemn everyone who disagrees with me to hell. I don't play God.
I dont hate you. I just think that you are a stupid man. Its not a big deal. Its jut my opinion based on stuff you said recently.

I know you answered the question. I am questioning some things in your response. And your response confirms what I said... you are a stupid man. Were you not so stupid you would have dealt with the points made in the post. Nowhere did I suggest any of the nonsense which you carried on about.

Why do you people always do that? My guess is that you do not understand your church doctrine, so when challenged you are a lost soul with nothing of substance to say

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
13 Jun 18

I dont hate you. I just think that you are a stupid man. Its not big deal.

I know you answered the question. I am questioning some things in your response. And your response confirms what I said... you are a stupid man. Were you not so stupid you would have dealt with the points made in the post. Nowhere did I suggest any of the nonsense which you carr ...[text shortened]... nd your church doctrine, so when challenged you are a lost soul with nothing of substance to say
Not bothering to engage you (in depth) is not necessarily a symptom of stupidity. You are a hateful, arrogant person and I prefer not to have anything to do with you for that reason. I took the time to try and explain myself--which I now regret. I'll put you back on ignore.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Jun 18

Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
Not bothering to engage you (in depth) is not necessarily a symptom of stupidity. You are a hateful, arrogant person and I prefer not to have anything to do with you for that reason. I took the time to try and explain myself--which I now regret. I'll put you back on ignore.
So .. stupid man .. you want to claim that mankind is utterly depraved and go unchallenged ... ?

Moves
13 Jun 18
1 edit

T

Moves
13 Jun 18
1 edit

So .. stupid man .. you want to claim that mankind is utterly depraved and go unchallenged ... ?
Like others, the doctrine of "total depravity" is propped up by taking verses out of context such as "all our righteous acts are like filthy rags" and "None is righteous, no, not one".

There's more than a little bit of willful ignorance going on there.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Jun 18

Originally posted by @thinkofone
Like others, the doctrine of "total depravity" is propped up by taking verses out of context such as "all our righteous acts are like filthy rags" and " “None is righteous, no, not one".

There's more than a little bit of willful ignorance going on there.
Correct .. but nobody wants to discuss it in detail and it appears to be a core teaching.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
13 Jun 18

Originally posted by @eladar
Why is it never directly stated?

Seems to me that OSAS is man's attempt to explain something based on assumptions.

Of course if OSAS is directly stated in the Bible I would love to see it quoted.

No quotes as to why it must be true in your eyes. I want a direct Biblical statement that says if you believe you are saved then you are saved and can nev ...[text shortened]... elect but no where do I find the elect know who they are. They simply work out their salvation.
Well if he can’t earn salvation in the first place on your own merit why would you lose it once you receive it as a gift?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Jun 18

Originally posted by @rbhill
Well if he can’t earn salvation in the first place on your own merit why would you lose it once you receive it as a gift?
Oh .. now why didn't we think of that.

E

Moves
14 Jun 18
2 edits

How do you know you are not wrong about receiving the gift?

Do you believe your perception of reality is perfect?

Do you not believe it likely a child of Satan can be easily decieved?

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
14 Jun 18

Originally posted by @eladar
How do you know you are not wrong about receiving the gift?

Do you believe your perception of reality is perfect?

Do you not believe it likely a child of Satan can be easily decieved?
Yes a child of Satan can be deceived. And they were never saved.

E

Moves
14 Jun 18

Yes a child of Satan can be deceived. And they were never saved.
So you are of the opinion that simply because a person believes that Holy Spirit is in his or her heart and the person believes deeply that he or she is saved that the person is saved.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
14 Jun 18

Originally posted by @kellyjay
This sentiment is fluff, without substance
It's a Russian bumper sticker