1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jul '18 09:25
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Well, tell me what does the Word of God say about such things? Why stick with the
    homosexual life styles too, all sexual practices are also covered. What is it your saying
    about sexual sins, what verses are you referring too! Speak up, share what you know,
    then show me where I have singled out anyone's sexual preference as making them less
    than anyone ...[text shortened]... not you hypocrite why are you sticking your nose into my life and saying what I should
    accept?
    If practising Christian homosexuals believe in Jesus, isn't their "sin" forgiven?
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Jul '18 09:27
    Originally posted by @fmf
    If practising Christian homosexuals believe in Jesus, isn't their "sin" forgiven?
    Not interested thank you.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jul '18 09:421 edit
    Not interested thank you.
    It's interesting how getting rattled by a couple of straightforward questions from an atheist concerning your faith resulted in a couple of days of deflection, followed by an accusation of lying, and then a [presumably] Jesus-like or "Holy Spirit" inspired huff. Be my guest: continue to contemplate my torture for eternity if it helps you make sense of your own life.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Jul '18 09:47
    It's interesting how getting rattled by a couple of straightforward questions from an atheist concerning your faith resulted in a couple of days of deflection, followed by an accusation of lying, and then a [presumably] Jesus-like or "Holy Spirit" inspired huff. Be my guest: continue to contemplate my torture for eternity if it helps you make sense of your own life.
    I accept you don't want to talk about your past, all of those conversations just simply do
    not interest you, so please treat my interests the same way as I will treat yours. Unless
    you think you have the only interests that matter here, do to me as you would have me
    do to you by honoring my interests as well.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jul '18 09:53
    I accept you don't want to talk about your past, all of those conversations just simply do
    not interest you, so please treat my interests the same way as I will treat yours. Unless
    you think you have the only interests that matter here, do to me as you would have me
    do to you by honoring my interests as well.
    Perhaps you should start a blog for propagating your ideology unchallenged, and then you could embrace this arena as a place to debate and discuss the things we believe.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Jul '18 09:57
    Perhaps you should start a blog for propagating your ideology unchallenged, and then you could embrace this arena as a place to debate and discuss the things we believe.
    Perhaps you should be able to talk about things that interest you and everyone else should
    be able to as well. You don't see me jumping behind all of your posts asking for a history
    lesson you don't want to give, yet here you are again addressing me, why is that?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jul '18 10:01
    Perhaps you should be able to talk about things that interest you and everyone else should be able to as well. You don't see me jumping behind all of your posts asking for a history lesson you don't want to give, yet here you are again addressing me, why is that?
    But I am not "jumping behind all of your posts asking for a history lesson you don't want to give", KellyJay. Whatever made you think I was doing that? I am asking you about your current beliefs on this topic. Isn't it you - in fact - who is pressing me to describe my history of beliefs that I no longer hold? I am not asking you for a history lesson you don't want to give. You've got this completely the wrong way around.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Jul '18 10:171 edit
    But I am not "jumping behind all of your posts asking for a history lesson you don't want to give", KellyJay. Whatever made you think I was doing that? I am asking you about your current beliefs on this topic. Isn't it you - in fact - who is pressing me to describe my history of beliefs that I no longer hold? I am not asking you for a history lesson you don't want to give. You've got this completely the wrong way around.
    I've asked you to treat me the way you have asked to be treated, I'm not interested at all
    in discussing any spiritual question with you, because of your refusal to share what the
    gospel was back when you believed in it, I'm going to honor your interest, so please honor
    mine. Do to me as you want me to do to you, is that so difficult?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jul '18 10:20
    I've asked you to treat me the way you have asked to be treated, I'm not interested at all
    in discussing any spiritual question with you, because of your refusal to share what the
    gospel was back when you believed in it, I'm going to honor your interest, so please honor
    mine. Do to me as you want me to do to you, is that so difficult?
    Your inability or unwillingness to answer is part of the discourse. And be clear, I am not "jumping behind all of your posts asking for a history lesson you don't want to give", KellyJay. It is you who has been doing that to me, and quite clearly doing so as a deflection.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jul '18 10:23
    I'm not interested at all in discussing any spiritual question with you, because of your refusal to share what the gospel was back when you believed in it,
    I am interested in the current beliefs of people who make "truth" claims about the reality in which I live. I, in turn, am happy to talk about my current beliefs.
  11. S. Korea
    Moves
    05 Jul '18 12:49
    Are you opposed to people being "self-righteous and tooting their own horn" generally and across the spectrum of beliefs and ideologies, or are you opposed to it only with people or groups with whom you have disagreements?
    I am sure that, sometimes, I can be just as hypocrtical as anyone else.

However, the purpose of that post was to highlight an outstandign characteristic of the LGBTQ movement that I think almost all of us here can agree upon if we seek to be objective about it.
  12. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    05 Jul '18 14:321 edit
    Well, tell me what does the Word of God say about such things? Why stick with the
    homosexual life styles too, all sexual practices are also covered. What is it your saying
    about sexual sins, what verses are you referring too! Speak up, share what you know,
    then show me where I have singled out anyone's sexual preference as making them less
    than anyone ...[text shortened]... not you hypocrite why are you sticking your nose into my life and saying what I should
    accept?
    “...then show me where I have singled out anyone's sexual preference as making them less
    than anyone else! ...”

I don’t believe I have accused you of this in the post you are replying to, but singling out is inherent in the thread topic so I can see your reaction. I apologize for that.
  13. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    05 Jul '18 14:42
    Originally posted by @js357
    I didn’t mention any of those measures you now mention; you supplied them from your imagination. You are apparently free according to your faith to put words in my mouth that I did not utter. The measures I had in mind were also less ominous than that.

Your implied claim that you would reject such measures as you mention is laudable, but speaking of “takin ...[text shortened]... echism class where they are taught using fearsome imagery that alienates them from their people.
    I described an extreme form of "aversion therapy" which you introduced into the conversation.
  14. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    05 Jul '18 18:315 edits
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    I described an extreme form of "aversion therapy" which you introduced into the conversation.
    I alluded to aversion (conversion) therapy as something of a slippery slope possibility, in that we could arguably arrive at it from where we are now. Your mention of “teaching” is an apt example of movement along this slope that you apparently consider acceptable and I have misgivings about.

I have never heard of anyone categorizing that other, extreme a form of torture as you described, as a feasible or acceptable form of aversion therapy, and I hope I never do. I want to believe your bringing it up means you too, never want it to be considered as such.
  15. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    05 Jul '18 18:391 edit
    Originally posted by @js357
    I alluded to aversion (conversion) therapy as something of a slippery slope possibility, in that we could arguably arrive at it from where we are now. Your mention of “teaching” is an apt example. I have never heard of anyone categorizing that extreme a form of torture as you described, as a feasible or acceptable form of aversion therapy, and I hope I never ...[text shortened]... do. I want to believe your bringing it up means you too, never want it to be considered as such.
    Oh. You "want to believe" I oppose extreme aversion therapy, even though I already said it was not the "measures" I was talking about and clearly implied I oppose it.

I said Christians are called to take measures through witness and sharing the Gospel, to steer people away from what we believe is destructive. You then implied that I support what lies at the bottom of the slippery slope--aversion therapy/torture. I made it clear in another reply that I don't support aversion therapy. And now you are still desperately clinging to the possibility that I support torturing homosexuals with your passive-aggressive response saying that you "want to believe" I don't support torture.

I suppose it seems clever? Introducing a straw man, then persisting with it despite it being denied, then capping it off with a passive-aggressive insult?

I want to believe you are a decent person with good intentions.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree