1. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    05 Jul '18 19:001 edit
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    Oh. You "want to believe" I oppose extreme aversion therapy, even though I already said it was not the "measures" I was talking about and clearly implied I oppose it.

I said Christians are called to take measures through witness and sharing the Gospel, to steer people away from what we believe is destructive. You then implied that I support what lie ...[text shortened]... a passive-aggressive insult?

I want to believe you are a decent person with good intentions.
    Except you introduced it, not me. You won’t believe this, but what you call extreme aversion therapy wasn’t on my mind. Your calling what you described “extreme aversion therapy” reveals (edit: at least suggests) that you believe it has efficacy.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    05 Jul '18 19:02
    A child of God will not live a life in rebellion against God.

As for the term Christian, most Christians will not be found righteous.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Jul '18 03:54
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    However, the purpose of that post was to highlight an outstandign characteristic of the LGBTQ movement that I think almost all of us here can agree upon if we seek to be objective about it.
    Where I live, the people in what one might call the "LGBTQ movement" are mostly dignified and courageous in the face of what is, sometimes, mortal danger.
  4. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    06 Jul '18 19:44
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    I'd have no problem with you not accepting their lifestyle, or even "reproving" them, if only you could see your way clear to treat them as human beings in the meantime, understanding that it is God who brings Judgement, and not you. That was the core of Jesus' message. Remember "let he among you who is without sin cast the first stone"? We are ALL sinn ...[text shortened]... also thought women should be silent, and defer to men in all things, treating them as children.
    ..."if only you could see your way clear to treat them as human beings in the meantime,.."

This is being presumptuous of you. I have not passed judgement. I have only quoted God's Word as it relates to moral behavior in a thread started by you about that particular lifestyle.

The scriptures are clear. God loves sinners, and so do I because I am one, and I try to extend the same grace to all others as God has extended His grace to me.

I'm no better than anyone regardless of their choice of lifestyle, whether it be a thief or an adulterer or any other sin that separates one from God, but I do not practice known sin in my life, and the Bible is full of warnings against those who do.

"As for your Ephesians quote, Paul also thought women should be silent, and defer to men in all things, treating them as children."

If that's how you interpret the meaning of Paul's admonitions and instructions to the church, then you don't understand Paul.

Paul did not teach that women can't talk or have a role in ministry. Paul did teach that no one in the church is above another.

Do not presume to cast me in a bigoted, homophobic and sexist role. You would be very wrong.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Jul '18 20:11
    Originally posted by @secondson
    [b]..."if only you could see your way clear to treat them as human beings in the meantime,.."

This is being presumptuous of you. I have not passed judgement. I have only quoted God's Word as it relates to moral behavior in a thread started by you about that particular lifestyle.

The scriptures are clear. God loves sinners, and so do I because I ...[text shortened]...

Do not presume to cast me in a bigoted, homophobic and sexist role. You would be very wrong.[/b]
    'Known sin'? All sin is 'known'. That doesn't seem to stop most people. This effect of Christians calling out motes in others' eyes while ignoring the beam in their own, is, unfortunately, one of the most well-known and despised 'features' of Christianity.

Another is using scripture to advocate basic human rights abuses. Christians, as a group, apparently love to be 'holier than thou'.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Jul '18 20:28
    'Known sin'? All sin is 'known'. That doesn't seem to stop most people. This effect of Christians calling out motes in others' eyes while ignoring the beam in their own, is, unfortunately, one of the most well-known and despised 'features' of Christianity.

Another is using scripture to advocate basic human rights abuses. Christians, as a group, apparently love to be 'holier than thou'.
    You really need professional help and probably meds.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Jul '18 23:361 edit
    Originally posted by @eladar
    You really need professional help and probably meds.
    How's that beam, Spanky? Oh, I guess you wouldn't know.

Thanks for proving my thesis.
  8. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    07 Jul '18 01:04

Yes, known sin. Like murder, rape and homosexuality.

It seems suzianne, you've intermingled your faith with political correctness.

It's a breach of logic and reason to presume that ones sexual orientation should afford them rights beyond those that are common to all.

Marriage is between a man and a woman just as God has ordained. Any other arrangement is morally corrupt, and there are absolutely no biblical grounds to support any other kind of sexual union outside of what God has created.

You can keep using the "love your neighbor" and "mote in your eye" jargon to your heart's content, but you can't break the scriptures.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Jul '18 02:11
    Originally posted by @secondson
    Yes, known sin. Like murder, rape and homosexuality.

It seems suzianne, you've intermingled your faith with political correctness.

It's a breach of logic and reason to presume that ones sexual orientation should afford them rights beyond those that are common to all.

Marriage is between a man and a woman just as God has ordained. Any other arran ...[text shortened]... hbor" and "mote in your eye" jargon to your heart's content, but you can't break the scriptures.
    "It's a breach of logic and reason to presume that ones sexual orientation should afford them rights beyond those that are common to all."

Why do people whose agenda is to un-include LGBTQ people always say this? They don't want any "exclusive" rights, they only want the same rights everyone else enjoys. And in a country which talks a good game about making the things in the Preamble available to everyone, why is this an uphill struggle?

The Constitution specifically does not endorse any one religion so that ALL may flourish, like it or not.

Some Christians will not stop until there are laws denigrating those they don't like, or, at least, laws preventing the protection of the rights of those people. What they do not understand is that this opens the door for having everyone's rights unprotected.

And finally, when I quote scripture to support treating these people with love and understanding, as we are commanded to treat all people, you label it "jargon".

That's troubling.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '18 02:48
    How's that beam, Spanky? Oh, I guess you wouldn't know.

Thanks for proving my thesis.
    Pot
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '18 02:50
    [b]"It's a breach of logic and reason to presume that ones sexual orientation should afford them rights beyond those that are common to all."

Why do people whose agenda is to un-include LGBTQ people always say this? They don't want any "exclusive" rights, they only want the same rights everyone else enjoys. And in a country which talks a go ...[text shortened]... ing, as we are commanded to treat all people, you label it "jargon".

That's troubling.[/b]
    Seriously you need meds. It is probably the result of blaming other's for your own failures.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Jul '18 05:38
    Seriously you need meds. It is probably the result of blaming other's for your own failures.
    If you're not going to speak to me like a human being, then don't speak to me at all. K? Thanks.
  13. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    07 Jul '18 10:27
    A child of God will not live a life in rebellion against God.

As for the term Christian, most Christians will not be found righteous.
    Except for the obese, they just keep eating and eating.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Jul '18 10:55
    Originally posted by @proper-knob
    Except for the obese, they just keep eating and eating.
    Long time no see....🙂
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '18 18:27
    If you're not going to speak to me like a human being, then don't speak to me at all. K? Thanks.
    Lol you are such a hypocrite.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree