1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Feb '18 03:53
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    No content.

You are afraid to engage in a debate because you only like needling and don't like protracted discussion.

I live for protracted discussion because I like to refine and improve my ideas, not guard them like sacred idols to be preserved at all cost.
    Not interested in this pompous waffle. If the word "snowflakes" refers to some people you are contemptuous of for some reason - and if it is relevant to the OP - then just explain yourself. Otherwise, oozing this kind of stuff is wasted on me.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Feb '18 04:08
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Philokalia and others might like these sorts of posts.
    But do you like them?

I think you secretly do. I think you treasure them.

And I’m flattered.
  3. S. Korea
    Moves
    19 Feb '18 04:16
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    But do you like them?

I think you secretly do. I think you treasure them.

And I’m flattered.
    He does like them.

That's why he can't bear to bring real criticism upon them.

Dude, if we keep this up, all this forum will consist of are our good posts and FMF snarkily dismissing them without further comment.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Feb '18 04:20
    He does like them.

That's why he can't bear to bring real criticism upon them.

Dude, if we keep this up, all this forum will consist of are our good posts and FMF snarkily dismissing them without further comment.
    If, with the word "snowflakes", you are referring to a group of people you don't like for some reason - and if it is relevant to the definition of "individualism" offered in OP - then say what it is, rather than offering this evasive banter.
  5. S. Korea
    Moves
    19 Feb '18 04:43
    If, with the word "snowflakes", you are referring to a group of people you don't like for some reason - and if it is relevant to the definition of "individualism" offered in OP - then say what it is, rather than offering this evasive banter.
    Snowflake is directly applicable in the snese that a highly atomized person that strives for some exaggerated sense of being special, unique, and interesting is a snowflake.

You knew that. You just really don't like connecting dots or bothering to defend your ideas.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Feb '18 05:111 edit
    Snowflake is directly applicable in the snese that a highly atomized person that strives for some exaggerated sense of being special, unique, and interesting is a snowflake.
    And what does this have to do with the OP? [Clue: you wittering on self-obsessively about your love of punk rock and metal music and your tattoos is not relevant.] Yes, I know you are scornful of certain people. But this is a thread. There is an OP. If you want to rail on about "snowflakes" and/or people with an "exaggerated" something or other, then start a thread about it.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Feb '18 05:31
    OK, so you struggled with the OP. Fair enough. You seem to not understand the word "mystical" either.
    Struggled? No.

Lost interest once I realized it was a nonsensical word salad? Yes.

Mystical seemed like the right word, but by all means, feel free to disagree.

Arguing about the definition of mystical may save this thread from the early grave it deserves.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Feb '18 05:33
    OK, so you struggled with the OP. Fair enough. You seem to not understand the word "mystical" either.
    Let’s argue about the definition of mystical after you’re done arguing about snowflakes.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Feb '18 05:39
    It’s gotta be so frustrating for you.

Here you come up with an OP you no doubt feel is worthy of a graduate-level course in Philosophy, and, only four pages in, you’re arguing about snowflakes.

On the other hand, if the creation of a thread like this is your way of luring people in so you can troll them, my hat’s off to you ‘cause that is some exceptionally high-level trolling.

Bravo!
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Feb '18 05:40
    Mystical seemed like the right word, but by all means, feel free to disagree.
    There is this for "mysticism": "...belief that union with or absorption into the Deity or the absolute, or the spiritual apprehension of knowledge inaccessible to the intellect, may be attained through contemplation and self-surrender."

Sounds more like your belief system than mine.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Feb '18 05:40
    Here you come up with an OP you no doubt feel is worthy of a graduate-level course in Philosophy, and, only four pages in, you’re arguing about snowflakes.
    If you read the exchanges, "snowflakes" is what Philokalia wants to talk about.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Feb '18 05:421 edit
    There is this for "mysticism": "...belief that union with or absorption into the Deity or the absolute, or the spiritual apprehension of knowledge inaccessible to the intellect, may be attained through contemplation and self-surrender."

Sounds more like your belief system than mine.
    Check the definition of “mystical.” Comes much closer to what you were trying to say in the OP through that fog of marijuana smoke
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Feb '18 05:44
    If you read the exchanges, "snowflakes" is what Philokalia wants to talk about.
    Don’t drag me into a pointless argument to save this thread. It was doomed from the start.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Feb '18 05:45
    Check the definition of “mystical.” Comes much closer to what you were trying to say in the OP through that fog of marijuana smoke
    I gave you a definition. As for me, I lack belief in a deity. The OP invites religious people who do believe in a deity to contribute.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Feb '18 05:47
    I gave you a definition. As for me, I lack belief in a deity. The OP invites religious people who do believe in a deity to contribute.
    I have insomnia but I think this thread has cured it.

Have a good evening; I’m going to bed.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree