1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 23:31
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    Would you like to provide us a more specific outline of what individualism means to you? Or perhaps respond to what I said in other places?
    No I am happy with my OP and with the John Ralston Saul definition. As for whatever you may have said in other places, I missed that. Never mind. Thank you for your contribution.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 23:37
    And finding no problem with actual content you pretend that my RHP forum entries are substandard because they do not meet the criteria for publication at the American journal of philosophy.
    I have said nothing of the sort. You're making stuff up. Don't be silly.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 23:40
    I think you are getting carried away with your dislike of everything I do.
    Good luck with finding new friends. If you are already drinking at this time of the day, I suggest you knock it on the head. Thanks for what you've brought to this thread.
  4. S. Korea
    Moves
    19 Feb '18 00:16
    Oh geez, FMF, you are really trying to aggravate me. God bless you, friend. May you gain much joy from your endeavors here.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Feb '18 00:23
    Originally posted by @philokalia in another place
    Hey, I've always meant ot take a vacation in Indonesia. I even thought of going there this summer or next winter (taking a big Euro vacation in 2019 to visit some of my ancestors grave and celebrate my cousins 50th). Maybe we'll get some pics of FMF & I on Surf Boards. Because that's who I am.
    It's not going to happen. Happy hunting.
  6. S. Korea
    Moves
    19 Feb '18 01:00
    Originally posted by @fmf
    It's not going to happen. Happy hunting.
    LOL, OK.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Feb '18 01:04
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Forgive me for not properly understanding your mystical word salad in the OP..
    OK, so you struggled with the OP. Fair enough. You seem to not understand the word "mystical" either.
  8. S. Korea
    Moves
    19 Feb '18 02:33
    OK, so you struggled with the OP. Fair enough. You seem to not understand the word "mystical" either.
    I think you do not bother explaining yourself in these discussions because you get joy out of frustrating people by telling them you are wrong and simply then leaving it at that, as if no explanation is necessary.

Usually people with high verbal intelligence use this to explain things clearly and facilitate discussion. They use it to articulate things.

It seems you devote a lot of your verbal intelligence towards beign an obstacle and aggravating people -- ironically, this is fulfileld by a paucity of words.

It serves to frustrate and to also provide as small of a target as possible for attack.

I've probably typed thousands of words in interaction with you and nearly all of them are about my positions and your obtuse reactions to them, which, in a sense, shows the success of your tactic at shifting discussion away from your weak positions.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Feb '18 02:37
    FMF to Roman1009: OK, so you struggled with the OP. Fair enough. You seem to not understand the word "mystical" either.

I think you do not bother explaining yourself in these discussions because you get joy out of frustrating people by telling them you are wrong and simply then leaving it at that, as if no explanation is necessary.

Us ...[text shortened]... a sense, shows the success of your tactic at shifting discussion away from your weak positions.
    Romans1009 may well appreciate your snooty patronage.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Feb '18 02:58
    It seems you devote a lot of your verbal intelligence towards beign an obstacle and aggravating people -- ironically, this is fulfileld by a paucity of words.
    If you want to shroud your misanthropy in verbosity, that's a matter for you. I'm putting straightforward things to you without blathering on. The word "aggravating" presumably refers to you dancing around worrying about whether people like you. I am happy with the "paucity of words" in my OP and with the John Ralston Saul definition of "individualism". To me, you wittering on opaquely about "snowflakes" and asking people to "unlock" your pretentious twaddle, is just blather.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Feb '18 03:06
    But can we really say that everyone has some measured level of individualism? I also think this buys into the gross cult of atomization where everyone is supposed to be as snowflake as possible to gain a snow. A lot to unpack with that sentence -- but do feel free to start unpacking.
    This is just narcissistic prattle.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Feb '18 03:38
    I sure did
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Feb '18 03:431 edit
    You better hope philokalia doesn’t join Karoly’s or the dive character’s campaign as an adviser. He’s got you nailed - can see right through you - and would be an invaluable resource in sinking your candidacy.

BTW, rumor is ToO is going to throw his hat into the ring any day now. He’s been trolling like a pro the past few days and Ghost apparently has convinced him to run.

Why am I telling you all this? You need to “up your game.”
  14. S. Korea
    Moves
    19 Feb '18 03:47
    If you want to shroud your misanthropy in verbosity, that's a matter for you. I'm putting straightforward things to you without blathering on. The word "aggravating" presumably refers to you dancing around worrying about whether people like you. I am happy with the "paucity of words" in my OP and with the John Ralston Saul definition of "individualism". To me, ...[text shortened]... uely about "snowflakes" and asking people to "unlock" your pretentious twaddle, is just blather.
    No content.

You are afraid to engage in a debate because you only like needling and don't like protracted discussion.

I live for protracted discussion because I like to refine and improve my ideas, not guard them like sacred idols to be preserved at all cost.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Feb '18 03:49
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    You better hope philokalia doesn’t join Karoly’s or the dive character’s campaign as an adviser. He’s got you nailed - can see right through you - and would be an invaluable resource in sinking your candidacy.

BTW, rumor is ToO is going to throw his hat into the ring any day now. He’s been trolling like a pro the past few days and Ghost apparently has convinced him to run.

Why am I telling you all this? You need to “up your game.”
    Philokalia and others might like these sorts of posts.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree