Individualism & the human spirit

Individualism & the human spirit

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
19 Feb 18

Originally posted by @philokalia
There's nothing to enlighten.
Is that the sound of your sprockets whirring as you furiously backpedal?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Feb 18

Originally posted by @fmf
[b]But often times individualism is nothing more than some exaggerated sense of being special, unique, and interesting, like a snowflake.

Many people also don't have much of a capacity to truly be unique. They are basic people of basic intelligence with common interests.

Even people who are very smart, have unique interests, and come off as rare persons ...[text shortened]... er people and things.

I'm not interested in your "snowflake" stuff as you define it here.[/b]
Maybe someone else is interested.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Feb 18
4 edits

How does your personal conception of a spiritual dimension in your life affect your philosophy of individualism and how you see yourself relating to the society in which you live?

I have long realized that each person is unique.

Psalm 33:15 always spoke to me that God "fashions" the hearts of each individual. He then observes their deeds.
"He who fashions the hearts of them all, He who discerns all their works."

It has to do, i think, with the individual fashion of each man or woman created.

I do not understand everything about this. But I count it to mean God designs in some way each individual's heart. This is something He gives them. And then He observes what we will do with that heart.

Individual traits and characteristics accompany each person's soul.

In my previous post I gave some small evidence of the spirit of man being distinct from the soul of man. The term "heart" also has a specific meaning in the Bible. The "heart" is composed of three parts of the soul and one part of the spirit.

The soul = mind, emotion, will.

The spirit = a function of intuition
a function of conscience
a function of fellowship with God

So what is "the heart"?

The heart of man is mind, emotion, plus the conscience.

And that is all I am going to say about it right now. The topic has something to do with individualism.

F

Moves
19 Feb 18
2 edits

But yeah obviously a group of Harvard professors probably have far more individuation from one another than a group of low IQ persons who don't possess much capacity for even beginning to understand subelteties that feed into the complexities of a deep personality and intellectual life.
What does this having what you call "individuation from one another" have to do with the OP?

You are more impressed by the "deep personality" of a professor than that of a "low IQ person"? So what?

S. Korea

Moves
19 Feb 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
Is that the sound of your sprockets whirring as you furiously backpedal?
Oh no, not at all. There's a correlation between high IQ and individuation.

Certain ethnic groups, whether due to environmental or the heritability of shared genes, have higher average IQs than other groups. Just as such, certain ethnic groups have higher average height than others.

Do you have a scientific counter argument or are you going to just say "that's racist" like last time?

S. Korea

Moves
19 Feb 18

What does this having what you call "individuation from one another" have to do with the OP?

You are more impressed by the "deep personality" of a professor than that of a "low IQ person"? So what?
Oh, your good buddy Dive wanted to go in this direction. I figured that since you aren't using this thread for any discussion about anything else, it wouldn't be a problem to discuss something else that is vaguely related to the topic.

F

Moves
19 Feb 18

Oh, your good buddy Dive wanted to go in this direction. I figured that since you aren't using this thread for any discussion about anything else, it wouldn't be a problem to discuss something else that is vaguely related to the topic.
Well, at least you concede that you have gone off-topic.

S. Korea

Moves
19 Feb 18

Well, at least you concede that you have gone off-topic.
Oh no, this is vaguely on topic. Of course, not completely and squarely confronting the initial post...

But you obviously don't understand that every topic carries with it a tremendous breadth of potential content.

You have amazingly narrow vision and scope. Pretty fantastic.

F

Moves
19 Feb 18
1 edit

Oh no, this is vaguely on topic. Of course, not completely and squarely confronting the initial post...

But you obviously don't understand that every topic carries with it a tremendous breadth of potential content.

I note that you are trying to put me in my place ~ perhaps you feel you have far more "individuation" than me. Oh well. it's a pity you were unable to squarely confront the initial post which defined "individualism", rather thought provokingly I thought, in terms of obligation and participation (thus making all your sneering about "snowflakes" irrelevant).

I rather think that your being impressed by the personalities of high IQ people (as opposed to low IQ people) deserves a thread of its own. You could talk about the number of people with PhDs you sit near in church again. Your punk rock and tattoos. The subtleties of your intellectual life. And stuff like that.

F

Moves
19 Feb 18

Like Romans1009 said, maybe somebody else - with "vision and scope" comparable to yours, perhaps - will be interested in talking to you about "snowflakes".

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
19 Feb 18
1 edit

Oh no, not at all. There's a correlation between high IQ and individuation.

Certain ethnic groups, whether due to environmental or the heritability of shared genes, have higher average IQs than other groups. Just as such, certain ethnic groups have higher average height than others.

Do you have a scientific counter argument or are you going to just say "that's racist" like last time?
You’re just making it up. If you have evidence which mitigates these apparently racist claims, then post it. Otherwise you just sound like you are claiming that some races are less intelligent than others.

S. Korea

Moves
19 Feb 18

I note that you are trying to put me in my place ~ perhaps you feel you have far more "individuation" than me. Oh well. it's a pity you were unable to squarely confront the initial post which defined "individualism", rather thought provokingly I thought, in terms of obligation and participation (thus making all your sneering about "snowflakes" irrelevant).

...[text shortened]... gain. Your punk rock and tattoos. The subtleties of your intellectual life. And stuff like that.
Do you wish you were a punk rocker before, FMF? You bring this up like it is somehow bragging to say that you were into these things. This is a first for me -- most people consider this an aspect that is potentially embarrassing, lol.

S. Korea

Moves
19 Feb 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
You’re just making it up. If you have evidence which mitigates these apparently racist claims, then post it. Otherwise you just sound like you are claiming that some races are less intelligent than others.
Well, as I pointed out before, there tends to be radically different averages on IQ tests between groups of people, but this also occurs between the same ethnicity that are in different places or positions. We also see IQ changing over time which is accounted for by the Flynn effect.

But tell me, do you have some reason to believe that all races would have equal IQ, but unequal height and weight averages?

Do you like think that the modern Asian diet will see us witnessing the next 20-30 years where Chinese & Japanese athletes dominate track & field?

What's your position on these things?

F

Moves
19 Feb 18

Do you wish you were a punk rocker before, FMF?
I saw you wittering on about being a punk ~ and other narcissistic autobiographical details ~ as indicators that what you really wanted to talk about was yourself and your contempt for many of your fellow humans instead of talking about the thread topic.

S. Korea

Moves
19 Feb 18

I share details on my life because it is fun to get to know people and for us to discuss asepcts of ourselves. It also sheds light on my background so people can interact with what I write from a more informed perspective. Perhaps, dare I say, it humanizes me and may make interactions with others more positive as sometimes here I have not felt that things have gone well.

What is the point of posting and discussing things if people do not feel a human connection or some pleasurable interaction win the topic?

What's your contribution to all of this..? Accusing me of narcissism and trying to cut me down for being honest.

What a reward I receive from you. Cheap psychoanalysis and continued enmity.

How do you live your llife this way? You are in your fifth decade of living but you are still so bitter and unwilling to positively interact with someone who has never done anything bad to you. What's the deal?!