1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Feb '18 23:29
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    How do you live your llife this way? You are in your fifth decade of living but you are still so bitter and unwilling to positively interact with someone who has never done anything bad to you. What's the deal?!
    What did you being a punk with tattoos have to do with the OP?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Feb '18 23:32
    But yeah obviously a group of Harvard professors probably have far more individuation from one another than a group of low IQ persons who don't possess much capacity for even beginning to understand subelteties that feed into the complexities of a deep personality and intellectual life.
    How does your perception of the degree of "individuation" ~ and "the complexities of a deep personality" ~ in both yourself and in "low IQ people" you might be dealing with ~ affect your participation in the exercise of Christian obligations in terms of 'good works' with the poor or the sick or the hungry?
  3. S. Korea
    Moves
    19 Feb '18 23:35
    Originally posted by @fmf
    What did you being a punk with tattoos have to do with the OP?
    Many people associate self-expression with individuality, and many also associate breaking social taboos to express oneself as a positive example of individuality triumphing over the tyranny of the group.

Surely, you have seen such a link before. You are being a bit obtuse about it and acting like you must interrogate me on it.

Why do you do that? Why the question?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Feb '18 23:371 edit
    Many people associate self-expression with individuality, and many also associate breaking social taboos to express oneself as a positive example of individuality triumphing over the tyranny of the group.

Surely, you have seen such a link before. You are being a bit obtuse about it and acting like you must interrogate me on it.

Why do you do that? Why the question?
    And what about the OP? The OP is not about "self-expression" and "individuality" and "breaking social taboos". You having tattoos or being obese or drinking heavily all day long has nothing to do with the OP.
  5. S. Korea
    Moves
    19 Feb '18 23:39
    How does your perception of the degree of "individuation" ~ and "the complexities of a deep personality" ~ in both yourself and in "low IQ people" you might be dealing with ~ affect your participation in the exercise of Christian obligations in terms of 'good works' with the poor or the sick or the hungry?
    It makes it better. I do not see myself or others as being capable of truly profound individuation, or seeing it as relevant. I also think that people with higher IQs who possess more intimate and deep understandings of ethics, philosophy, and theology may actually deviate far more negatively than simpletons.

Of course, they also possess the power to be more positive, but numbers probably even bear out that higher IQ even correlates positively with greater percentages of atheism, Marxism, etc.

I do not really value individuality per se. Of course, I value positive self expression and knowing oneself, and I value going against the crowd for the Love of the Beautiful, and I value that people feel comfortable in their positive traits and are ready to express them.

But much like "human rights," individuality is this really abstract, built up modern day cult that is meant to replace more organic interaction with reality. We don't actually need to explicitly state these things or pursue these things, and when we actually begin doing so it is a lot like grasping water in your hand.

Instead of actually holding the water and enjoying organic human privileges and rights or organic individuality, all the water slips from our fingers. Of course, not all - all, and not every single time, the similitude has its limitations, but I think this is a useful illustration.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Feb '18 23:43
    I do not really value individuality per se. Of course, I value positive self expression and knowing oneself, and I value going against the crowd for the Love of the Beautiful, and I value that people feel comfortable in their positive traits and are ready to express them.
    What does this have to do with OP?
  7. S. Korea
    Moves
    19 Feb '18 23:43
    How does your personal conception of a spiritual dimension in your life affect your philosophy of individualism and how you see yourself relating to the society in which you live?
    See, I am talking about how my spiritual perspective interacts with individuality, and some of my general ideas on individuality, and how it affects my philosophy of people, and how it relates to how I socialize with others and my general sociopolitical sentiments.

I don't see how this is very different from the VERY BROAD question here at the bottom of the OP.

Did you forget writing that, my good man?

I am talking about individuation which surely has a lot to do with individuality; I am talking about indviiduality; I am talking about my spirituality; I am talking about myself and how I relate to the society in which I live. All of these things have been covered.

Why does this seem irreelvant to you?

Your response should be thoroughly entertaining.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Feb '18 23:44
    FMF How does your perception of the degree of "individuation" ~ and "the complexities of a deep personality" ~ in both yourself and in "low IQ people" you might be dealing with ~ affect your participation in the exercise of Christian obligations in terms of 'good works' with the poor or the sick or the hungry?

It makes it better.
    "It" and "it" pertains to the topic. The rest of your sneering does not, although others may wish to engage you on it.
  9. S. Korea
    Moves
    19 Feb '18 23:46
    "It" and "it" pertains to the topic. The rest of your sneering does not, although others may wish to engage you on it.
    Oh, look at what you do in your own thread! People try to participate in the topic and you try to cut off all discussion of it because of some cranked up notion of what is ACTUALLY applicable.

Tell us again what is actually applicable.

And I do have a personal question for you: how is it after five decades that when people share things about themselves you just choose to shoot them all down as opposed to interacting positively?

What have you learned in your life aboout kindness? About trying to make the best with others?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Feb '18 23:48
    See, I am talking about how my spiritual perspective interacts with individuality, and some of my general ideas on individuality, and how it affects my philosophy of people, and how it relates to how I socialize with others and my general sociopolitical sentiments.
    If you want to talk about your individuality - being a punk etc, etc. - go for it. The OP offers a specific definition of "Individualism" which you have simply ignored. Talk about how much or how little you value other people's IQ or "individuality" or tattoos, by all means, but it's all tangential and not interesting to me. Maybe others here will indulge you.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Feb '18 23:49
    And I do have a personal question for you: how is it after five decades that when people share things about themselves you just choose to shoot them all down as opposed to interacting positively?

What have you learned in your life aboout kindness? About trying to make the best with others?
    PM me these questions if you want to. Or start a thread about them.
  12. S. Korea
    Moves
    19 Feb '18 23:53
    If you want to talk about your individuality - being a punk etc, etc. - go for it. The OP offers a specific definition of "Individualism" which you have simply ignored. Talk about how much or how little you value other people's IQ or "individuality" or tattoos, by all means, but it's all tangential and not interesting to me. Maybe others here will indulge you.
    AW, so I now SHOULDN'T be writing about "how you see yourself relating to the society in which you live?"

That is now IRRELEVANT on page 7 of the thread suddenly?

Jesus, my man, you can't keep your content straight and you are all obsessed with browbeating people with skating inside of some imaginary set of rules.

Must be hard to be a stickler for the letter of the law when you forget the law.
  13. S. Korea
    Moves
    19 Feb '18 23:55
    PM me these questions if you want to. Or start a thread about them.
    LOL, why not answer people here? I am not going to start a thread where it looks like I am just posting to insult you because I have standards of behavior. I want to interact with people naturally.

WHy is it that you like to ask dozens and dozens of questions until you find something you think is attackable, but the second someone questions you on anything you curl up like a possum?

Is this really what you have learned from five decades of life? To shut yourself off, to aggravate people on the internet, and to not be open and honest?

You spend a huge amount of time on a forum but you are not interested in open dsicussion and only interested in needling. Why is that? What's the deal, my man?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Feb '18 23:591 edit
    AW, so I now SHOULDN'T be writing about "how you see yourself relating to the society in which you live?"

That is now IRRELEVANT on page 7 of the thread suddenly?

Jesus, my man, you can't keep your content straight and you are all obsessed with browbeating people with skating inside of some imaginary set of rules.

Must be hard to be a stickler for the letter of the law when you forget the law.
    I am personally interested in the OP's definition and use of the word "individualism" ~ the key words being "participation", "obligation" and "citizenry" ~ but you seem not to be interested in that and are riffing on something else. There are others here who might take up your offer to talking about personality and IQ and how you "do not really value individuality" etc. etc.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Feb '18 00:00
    FMF: PM me these questions if you want to.

LOL, why not answer people here?
    Because I am not interested in your personal questions here.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree