1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Feb '14 20:14
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    God prepared the everlasting hellfire for Satan and his demons. You can easily avoid the fate of Satan and his demons by believing in the gospel of Christ. That is not a heavy burden to carry. Sounds like a loving God to me.
    Proselytizing by bragging that your God tortures people for all eternity?

Yeah, do let us know how that works out for you.

Wouldn't a loving God make the torment minimal, like pfffft, you're gone? Why must the torment be eternal? Is it because people like you, who think they're not getting the torment, just love to see the unrepentant sinners frying for all eternity? That sounds like some sort of sin right there.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Feb '14 21:47
    Originally posted by Suzianne

Wouldn't a loving God make the torment minimal, like pfffft, you're gone? Why must the torment be eternal? Is it because people like you, who think they're not getting the torment, just love to see the unrepentant sinners frying for all eternity? That sounds like some sort of sin right there.
    Eternal crimes and eternal punishments go hand in hand with eternal gifts.
    It doesn't have to be something I like, but my likes have nothing to do with
    what is going to happen or not happen.
    Kelly
  3. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    16 Feb '14 21:57
    Originally posted by whodey
    The reason I ask these questions was to show the complexity of the issue. You admitted as much when you said it depends on whether killing a murderer is "wrong".

Biblically, the God of the Bible was executing judgment on the "wicked", or put another way, those that shed innocent blood. He even turned on his own people, the nation of Israel, when they beg ...[text shortened]... If so, if you were God, what would you do to those who murder the innocent unborn if anything?
    I told you earlier I do not evaluate an abortion as a murder
    😵
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Feb '14 21:58
    God's plan is never frustrated by human negative volition. He remains sovereign while man exercises self determination. God's sovereignty and man's free will co-exist in human history. God extends His magnificent grace to every individual. This absolute truth is evident in "whosoever"--- anyone, everyone--- is invited to believe in Christ for salvation. Man's refusal to accept what God offers in no way implies that no option existed. He desires that everyone accepts it and is not threatened by any man or woman's refusal which will result in separation from God and not sharing His happiness for all eternity.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Feb '14 07:471 edit
    I think a lot of people are very stumbled by the thought of endless punishment from God. I think probably more atheists then we know are offended very much at this point and privately may make it the main obstacle to their believing in Jesus Christ or even wanting to.

Concerning Hell, I think this video is one of the better ones on the matter.
    In my opinion the whole video should be heard and contemplated to the end. The speaker makes important points which one rarely hears expounded.

He believes the biblical imagery of fire is probably metaphorical. The bad news is the there is something worse there. You'll have to listen to understand what he thinks the imagery is meant to convey.

"Does God Send People to Hell?"

YouTube
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Feb '14 12:09
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Kelly
    This is exactly why I try to repeat what the Bible says exactly as it is said.

Here you make a statement which Im pretty sure cannot be substantiated by references from the Bible .. can it?

Eternal crimes and eternal punishments go hand in hand with eternal gifts

Its like the 'love the sinner and hate the sin'. Is it in the Bible?

This kind of thing is the start of false doctrines.
  7. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    17 Feb '14 12:27
    Originally posted by Suzianne

Why must there be torment at all? If he would just show me that he exists, I would know and we'd be done with it. No reason for "minimal" torment at all. I'd still be a good guy, still wouldn't hurt anyone or be evil. Nothing would change except now I would know god exists.

But no, that's too easy. So "minimal" torment it is.

What an odd kind of logic that is.
  8. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    17 Feb '14 12:321 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    I think a lot of people are very stumbled by the thought of endless punishment from God. I think probably more atheists then we know are offended very much at this point and privately may make it the main obstacle to their believing in Jesus Christ or even wanting to.

In my o ...[text shortened]...

[b] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWnsjOL0tQ8
    [/b]
    Just so know (not that you would care or believe me): the thing that bothers atheists is that you guys are okay with god "tormenting" us (either minimal or horrendeously). That you believe that would happen is one thing, but that you're fine with it, that you continue to worship - even love - this murdering tyrant, that's the bothersome part.

That's what makes you dispicable.

You're like the wife who stays with her husband and loves him while knowing he beats up his children on a daily basis.

It's sick and vile.
  9. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    17 Feb '14 12:34
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    God prepared the everlasting hellfire for Satan and his demons. You can easily avoid the fate of Satan and his demons by believing in the gospel of Christ. That is not a heavy burden to carry. Sounds like a loving God to me.
    What purpose does eternal punishment serve?
  10. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    17 Feb '14 12:37
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Kelly
    Same question.
  11. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    17 Feb '14 12:441 edit
    Originally posted by sonship

In my o ...[text shortened]...

[b] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWnsjOL0tQ8
    [/b]
    There you go again. Making claims about atheists.

I don't know of an atheist who thinks that the concept of eternal punishment is the main obstacle to believing in Jesus Christ.

You won't care about this, as atheists keep telling you what they actually think, and you completely disregard them. And just make up stuff instead.
  12. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    17 Feb '14 13:051 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    What then do we do with those that murder? I suppose the only answer would be to lock them up indefinitely. Otherwise, you are allowing them to continue to murder. Then again, what if they kill while in jail? It happens all the time you know.
    There are some who live a life of murder; body, mind and/or soul. The best example of this i know would be rape. Which is really worse? The taking of a life, or causing someone to have a life in torment.

Is the crime of kidnapping any less? let us say a man kidnaps a child, then sells the child into slavery. Is the kidnappers crime any less than rape or murder?

The justice of the laws of any nation are the laws of the land. And hopefully the punishment meets the crime. But for those who think they get away with such crimes, they will face God in the end.
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    17 Feb '14 14:24
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    And hopefully the punishment meets the crime.
    Why? What purpose do you think punishment serves?
  14. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    17 Feb '14 14:521 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Why? What purpose do you think punishment serves?
    Justice (i will note here, i am not FOR having anyone go to hell)
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Feb '14 15:00
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    What purpose does eternal punishment serve?
    It serves as the opposite to eternal life and rewards.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree