1. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    19 May '05 00:21
    Originally posted by telerion
    So evil is God. Sounds good bf101.

I asked you a question that you have not completely answered. Is God the creator of reality?
    God did create reality. Those evil thoughts that man have, all come in line of the laws of disobedience. Or the laws of evil.
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    19 May '05 00:26
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    Which would mean God changed HIS mind.
    can an omniscient being ever 'change his mind'? i wouldn't think so because since he is omniscient, he can forsee all future events. if you can forsee all future events, then you know all the decisions you will in fact make. how could you ever change your mind in that case?
  3. Standard membermantawa
    Muffin
    Moves
    19 May '05 00:40
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    can an omniscient being ever 'change his mind'? i wouldn't think so because since he is omniscient, he can forsee all future events. if you can forsee all future events, then you know all the decisions you will in fact make. how could you ever change your mind in that case?
    You just killed God.
  4. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    19 May '05 00:41
    that does not mean that HE could not change HIS mind.
  5. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    19 May '05 01:26
    God did create reality. Those evil thoughts that man have, all come in line of the laws of disobedience. Or the laws of evil.
    Great. Then given the operating definition of reality (for dj2 and Coletti, and you too I suppose.), God is not a a member of reality and therefore is not real.

Thank you BF101.
  6. Standard membermantawa
    Muffin
    Moves
    19 May '05 02:50
    <can an omniscient being ever 'change his mind'?

If I plan a chain of events and decide to change my plan midway, I have changed my mind.

If an omniscient being knows the flow of all events how can it possibly change it's mind? Does being omniscient require having an infinitly large feedback loop?

<that does not mean that HE could not change HIS mind.

Why DO you believe THIS?
  7. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    19 May '05 02:56
    Great. Then given the operating definition of reality (for dj2 and Coletti, and you too I suppose.), God is not a a member of reality and therefore is not real.

Thank you BF101.
    What is your diffination of reality?
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 May '05 03:16
    my first thought is to wonder what you mean specifically by 'reality'.

immediately, i see no reason why the existence of any god would need to be a necessary condition for reality, but i have only a vague notion in my head of what reality is, so i think we need to formulate a defintion of reality before we will get anywhere here...

do you have a definition in mind?
    I'd say reality is what is real, no matter what we think. 🙂
    Kelly
  9. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    19 May '05 05:11
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I'd say reality is what is real, no matter what we think. 🙂
    Kelly
    Great then both you have taken to the dj2/Coletti definition that I gave early on in the thread.

Now back to the OP. Is God the creator of reality and is God a subset of his creation (i.e. did he create himself?)
  10. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    19 May '05 05:12
    What is your diffination of reality?
    BF101, we are only on the second page of the thread. Is it really too much to ask you to read the previous page?
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    19 May '05 07:22
    Oh so sin and evil are "GOD"
    God did not create Satan (or men, for that matter) as evil - only with the capacity for evil. (Isaiah 14:12)
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    19 May '05 07:24
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    I am thinking of a rock too heavy for God to lift.
    He does not act out of character with Himself.
  13. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    19 May '05 09:04
    BF101, we are only on the second page of the thread. Is it really too much to ask you to read the previous page?
    You have neither stated on the first or second page, what your understanding of realility was.
  14. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    19 May '05 14:44
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    God did not create Satan (or men, for that matter) as evil - only with the capacity for evil. (Isaiah 14:12)
    It doesn't matter what state he created Satan and Man in. That is entirely beside the point. God created evil. He thought it up, defined what it was, and made specific forms of evil obtainable in nature.

I know you're just giving me the textbook answer that we all got in Sunday school, but don't allow yourself to be put off by the reason of a befuddled xtian apologist. They are interested only excuses, not truth.

Forget man and Satan and just think. How is it possible that man and Satan could do evil if evil did not already exist (even only as a concept, as BF101 would say, as 'the Laws of Evil."😉

Thanks for the verse by the way. Care to harmonize it with BF101's?
  15. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    19 May '05 14:521 edit
    You have neither stated on the first or second page, what your understanding of realility was.
    Here you go BF. You'll see that I eliminated all the other text in the thread not directly related to your question. Perhaps now you can read it.

posted by Lemon on page1
    my first thought is to wonder what you mean specifically by 'reality'.

response by Telerion on page 1
    For dj2becker or Coletti, let 'reality' = everything that is real.

posted by Telerion in response to bf101 on page 2
    [G]iven the operating definition of reality (for dj2 and Coletti, and you too I suppose.)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree