Is Jesus enough?

Is Jesus enough?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Oct 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
The grace of [b]Jesus was enough for the apostle Paul. Isn't that obvious?

The Instructor[/b]
Are you aware of what Paul's "thorn" was?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Oct 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Rajk999
Now the song changes.
This is far different than losing one's salvation for having sin. It is to totally despise the Lord Jesus and renounce your salvation knowingly.

Heb 10:29-30
Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?
NKJV

My point has been all along that you cannot lose your salvation for having sin. If you can, then what sin would you choose?

James 2:10-13
0 For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all. 11 For He who said, "Do not commit adultery," also said, "Do not murder." Now if you do not commit adultery, but you do murder, you have become a transgressor of the law. 12 So speak and so do as those who will be judged by the law of liberty. 13 For judgment is without mercy to the one who has shown no mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment.
NKJV

If you order your 4th desert, are you not guilty of gluttony ?
If you die afterwards of a heart attack before you can confess, have you lost your salvation?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Oct 13
1 edit

Originally posted by checkbaiter
This is far different than losing one's salvation for having sin. It is to totally despise the Lord Jesus and renounce your salvation knowingly.

[b]Heb 10:29-30
Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, ...[text shortened]... ?
If you die afterwards of a heart attack before you can confess, have you lost your salvation?
Boy o boy .. play with words.

To despise Christ is to sin.
To be guilty of glutony is a sin.

Christ will decide which sins he would not forgive.

Why dont you people stop playing God and trying to decide who gets eternal life and who does not.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Oct 13

Boy o boy .. play with words.

To despise Christ is to sin.
To be guilty of glutony is a sin.

Christ will decide which sins he would not forgive.

Why dont you people stop playing God and trying to decide who gets eternal life and sho does not.
So which part of the verses from James do you disagree with?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Oct 13

So which part of the verses from James do you disagree with?
I dont disagree with James.
Christ is the righteous judge and he will decide.
I do not decide who gets eternal life and who does not ... like you people.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Oct 13

I dont disagree with James.
Christ is the righteous judge and he will decide.
I do not decide who gets eternal life and who does not ... like you people.
Boy o boy, we just can't seem to connect here. I know Jesus is the righteous Judge, but don't discount what is already revealed in the bible.
It says if you have one sin, you are guilty of all.

Then you say let Jesus decide. Do you listen to yourself?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Oct 13

Boy o boy, we just can't seem to connect here. I know Jesus is the righteous Judge, but don't discount what is already revealed in the bible.
It says if you have one sin, you are guilty of all.

Then you say let Jesus decide. Do you listen to yourself?
I said let Jesus decide who gets eternal life.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
13 Oct 13

Man, you guys are doing to disagree even if you agree with each other. 🙂
Kelly

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Oct 13

Originally posted by KellyJay
Man, you guys are doing to disagree even if you agree with each other. 🙂
Kelly
I give up...🙂

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Oct 13

I give up...🙂
Careful now, you are going to get into Jaywill/Sonship's bad books. He is not going to appreciate you making this statement ..

... we cannot lose salvation unless we willfully and knowingly despise Jesus Christ, and completely rebel.

... which basically is saying that there are conditions under which a born again Christian can lose his eternal life.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Oct 13

Careful now, you are going to get into Jaywill/Sonship's bad books. He is not going to appreciate you making this statement ..

... we cannot lose salvation unless we willfully and knowingly despise Jesus Christ, and completely rebel.

... which basically is saying that there are conditions under which a born again Christian can lose his eternal life.
It's only my opine, not sure if it is biblical.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Oct 13
1 edit

I recently heard a wonderful preacher talking on this topic, which caught my attention since we are discussing this.
He was commenting on the only way a Christian can lose his/her salvation.

1. A mature Christian operating the gifts of the spirit and has tasted the goodness of God.
2.He/she knowingly and willingly rebels in such a way that they curse God, repent of their salvation and knowing full well what the consequences are, welcome and are happy to go to hell.
He was expounding on these very verses in Hebrews in context as a whole.
They willingly trod the son of God underfoot and despise him.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
14 Oct 13

Are you aware of what Paul's "thorn" was?
No.

The Instructor

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
14 Oct 13

Why dont you people stop playing God and trying to decide who gets eternal life and who does not.
Does this mean you'll stop telling us all we're going to hell?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
14 Oct 13

I recently heard a wonderful preacher talking on this topic, which caught my attention since we are discussing this.
He was commenting on the only way a Christian can lose his/her salvation.

1. A mature Christian operating the gifts of the spirit and has tasted the goodness of God.
2.He/she knowingly and willingly rebels in such a way that they curs ...[text shortened]... in Hebrews in context as a whole.
They willingly trod the son of God underfoot and despise him.
In other words, to sin against the Holy Spirit. Yes? No?