Is Jesus enough?

Is Jesus enough?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Oct 13

Originally posted by checkbaiter
My point is, if Jesus did not pay for our sins once for all, then we might as well go back to the sacrificing of animals, because if I sin after I am born again there is no longer offered a sacrifice.

Christians today do not understand how immense the cross really is. They live with a sin conscience. I avoid sin not because I am afraid of God, but because of my love for God.
You think I disagree with you about your love for God and His forgiveness
of your sins? Do you think I disagree with you about Jesus dying for all of
our sins?
Kelly

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
11 Oct 13

Originally posted by sonship
Im pretty sure I mentioned to you already that I have a firm DONT ASK DONT TELL policy.

If I recall rightly you did point out that I am influenced by the teachings of Watchman [b] Nee
and Witness Lee. Am I correct ?

I think I recall you mixing up the names - something like "Watchman Lee".
I have no problem admitting ...[text shortened]... t embarrassed except for YOU. Since when did you really "discuss" things within your diatribes ?[/b]
Jaywill, I just wanted to let you know that I agree fully with this post. You can go back to page 5 and read it in its entirety if you forget what it was about. I was out of here for about a month, after all, and am just catching up on some of these threads. It's about time someone else here sees what I've seen in this forum. I could have written this post myself, if I had more of a gift for tact, I agree with it that much. (Well, except maybe for the initial bit about Watchman Nee and Witness Lee, I'm not really sure who they are.)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Oct 13

Originally posted by KellyJay
You think I disagree with you about your love for God and His forgiveness
of your sins? Do you think I disagree with you about Jesus dying for all of
our sins?
Kelly
Kelly, my point is that a Christian cannot lose his/her salvation, anymore than I can go back in my mothers womb.
Salvation is an irrevocable gift. God cannot go back on his promises.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Oct 13
1 edit

Originally posted by empovsun
Focusing on "sins" is silly. So long as you live humbly, treat your neighbors like you would like to be treated, and be generally nice to people, you should be good. Being an understanding individual, filled with peace, and compassion should be what Christian's prioritize instead of judging one another over a rule book. That is just my opinion, though.
Of course, that is part of the walk. it goes without saying. But this is not our primary purpose. Our primary purpose is to love God with all your heart.
We do not just will ourselves to love God and the Lord Jesus. We need to draw close to him, understand how he operates. We need to learn his ways, we need to feed on his word daily.
We need to understand God's grace and mercy. He gave us freedom from sin, and Jesus has paid the price.
When I got born again, I read God's promise of eternal life if I confess Jesus as Lord, to obey him and to believe in my heart that God raised him from the dead.
I don't have any problem with that, God promised everlasting life. I do not remember signing a prenuptial agreement saying if I sin and don't confess I go to hell. This is what RAJ999 is saying. He believes that a Christian can lose their salvation, and I say no. God is bigger than that.

If I was God, that might be the case, but God's love and grace is different than what many of us can conceive.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
13 Oct 13

My point is, if Jesus did not pay for our sins once for all, then we might as well go back to the sacrificing of animals, because if I sin after I am born again there is no longer offered a sacrifice.

Christians today do not understand how immense the cross really is. They live with a sin conscience. I avoid sin not because I am afraid of God, but because of my love for God.
Please go over what I said and tell me where it is wrong. With scripture we
are told that God is for us and not against us, He did pay for our sins, but
we are warned about living a life of sin, we are to repent!
Kelly

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Oct 13

Please go over what I said and tell me where it is wrong. With scripture we
are told that God is for us and not against us, He did pay for our sins, but
we are warned about living a life of sin, we are to repent!
Kelly
Yes we are, I agree, but we cannot lose salvation unless we willfully and knowingly despise Jesus Christ, and completely rebel.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
13 Oct 13

The apostle Paul wrote:

Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

(2 Corinthians 12:8-9 NKJV)

The Instructor

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Oct 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
The apostle Paul wrote:

[b]Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

(2 Corinthians 12:8-9 NKJV)

The Instructor[/b]
and your point is?

P

Moves
13 Oct 13

Originally posted by Rajk999
Interesting and I am in agreement with you. I know people who have two-way conversations with God. I have not been so privileged [yet].

The point here is that an individual cannot claim to know for a fact that 100,000,000 Christians that are born again are all getting eternal life even though some might be committing atrocious sins. That area is for God to know and decide.
Rajk999, you have two way conversations with God. Everyone, is capable of this, if they so choose. The Spirit of God moves in many ways. The problem that you are having, is learning to hear Him. ( suddenly you have an impulse to go down a different road. You meet a man who needs your help.) (out of the blue, you think of your mom. You call her. She is so thankful, "I just needed to hear kind words".) These are things the Spirit of God does in all people. And God does use everyone to do his work whether they know it or not.
God speaks to us with His gifts. Learning to recognize them teaches us God is involved in every aspect of our lives. Even those who are burdened with the carnage of this world. Sonhouse is passionate in this. He cannot accept a loving God with all the flaws in humanity. And flaws is a light word to describe all the travesty of man's making. Free Will, that is mankind's undoing.
2. On your second statement. I do not know 100,000,000. What I can see, are those I choose to look at. To see the condition of the soul. I do not know the particulars of what that person did, (unless the Spirit chooses to let me know) but I can see if there is a cloud or darkness. A soul that is in union with God is brilliantly white.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
13 Oct 13

and your point is?
The grace of Jesus was enough for the apostle Paul. Isn't that obvious?

The Instructor

P

Moves
13 Oct 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
The grace of [b]Jesus was enough for the apostle Paul. Isn't that obvious?

The Instructor[/b]
Ya, Paul got clunked in the head

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
13 Oct 13

Yes we are, I agree, but we cannot lose salvation unless we willfully and knowingly despise Jesus Christ, and completely rebel.
Which is why we are warned over and over not to fall into sin get entangled
and get over come by it. As we are walking with the Lord we might be
fighting temptation, all the tricks the devil will be throw at us, we can go
to the Lord for forgiveness. Which is why I would not tell people once saved
always saved, if they now get the idea that they don't have seek God but
instead just wallow in their sins as if there is nothing wrong with that.
Kelly

P

Moves
13 Oct 13

Which is why we are warned over and over not to fall into sin get entangled
and get over come by it. As we are walking with the Lord we might be
fighting temptation, all the tricks the devil will be throw at us, we can go
to the Lord for forgiveness. Which is why I would not tell people once saved
always saved, if they now get the idea that they don't h ...[text shortened]... e seek God but
instead just wallow in their sins as if there is nothing wrong with that.
Kelly
Once saved, always saved. It is a great delusion. Yet I've heard this concept from many preachers. So why would Jesus tell us of a man who was possessed (the worst evil), who is then freed from the devil. Why would Jesus tell us, be careful, not to be tempted again and then fall. If being freed from the devil, being saved. What fear would there then be? Do What you want, now that I am saved? Yet Jesus says, fall again, and it will be worse.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
13 Oct 13

Originally posted by Pudgenik
Once saved, always saved. It is a great delusion. Yet I've heard this concept from many preachers. So why would Jesus tell us of a man who was possessed (the worst evil), who is then freed from the devil. Why would Jesus tell us, be careful, not to be tempted again and then fall. If being freed from the devil, being saved. What fear would there then be? Do What you want, now that I am saved? Yet Jesus says, fall again, and it will be worse.
I believe there is a fine line here, no one can pull us out of God's hand.
The attack of the devil isn't that he can take away from God, He wants to
keep us from God any way he can, or turn us from Him. He can offer the
world, or some very little tiny piece of it if he can get us to want it more
than God.

The sad part is that some actually murder, steal, lie, and cheat for some small
tiny piece of this world, but doing any of that harms our souls. So we harm
our own souls for a very little profit which we can only hold on to temporarily.
The with all the many blessings God gives, God Himself is still the best part of
this life. We sell ourselves short by settling for anything short of a relationship
with him.
Kelly

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Oct 13

Now the song changes.