Is Jesus enough?

Is Jesus enough?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Oct 13

Originally posted by checkbaiter
A Christian who is born again cannot get "unborn again".

[b]1 John 3:9
Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.
NKJV

Rom 11:29
For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable
NKJV

2 Tim 2:13
13 If we are faithless,
He remains faithful;
NKJV
[/b]
So you are telling me that if you sin you were never born again?
Not denying God's gifts are irrevocable.
Not denying God is faithful and we are not.
Kelly

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Oct 13

Originally posted by KellyJay
Kelly
The seed, the spirit remains intact and is not affected by the flesh. I know how it sounds, but that is what the bible says.

1 Cor 3:14-15
If anyone's work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward. 15 If anyone's work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.
NKJV

If I choose to sin, I will suffer now. I would be inviting Satan into my life, hurt my family. God cannot help because I have invited Satan in.
I will also suffer loss, and some punishment at the Resurrection.
1 Thess 4:6-7
that no one should take advantage of and defraud his brother in this matter, because the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also forewarned you and testified.
NKJV

I know there are verses that seem to say otherwise, like Raj999 quotes, but they are not talking about Christians..else there would be contradictions.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Oct 13

The seed, the spirit remains intact and is not affected by the flesh. I know how it sounds, but that is what the bible says.

[b]1 Cor 3:14-15
If anyone's work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward. 15 If anyone's work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.
NKJV

If I choos ...[text shortened]... ke Raj999 quotes, but they are not talking about Christians..else there would be contradictions.[/b]
Listen, I believe God is faithful, but if you study the book of 1 John you
will see that we can go to God due to our sins, the scripture without a
doubt acknowledges sin in believers lives; however, for those that choose
to live a life of sin, there is nothing good said about them.

My point is that I agree if you go to God for forgiveness you'll be forgiven
and the point I believe scripture is making that if we refuse to turn from
our wicked ways we show we were never with God. So anyone who hears
that they can "get saved" and do whatever they want is not hearing the
Gospel. God is faithful to those that come to Him, nothing can yank us
away from Him.
Kelly

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
11 Oct 13

..No one is in danger of losing out with God that is following the Lord, but if
you reject God what have you no hope is there for them.
Kelly
Thank you and Amen to that.
As you said a disciple has to continue on in the faith.

Can I ask you as personal question now?
Clearly you are not one of the 'once saved always saved' believers.
Why then did it take so long for you to come out and say so instead of quietly supporting their false beliefs?

Now you are going to have to answer questions from them.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
11 Oct 13

A Christian who is born again cannot get "unborn again".

[b]1 John 3:9
Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.
NKJV

Rom 11:29
For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable
NKJV

2 Tim 2:13
13 If we are faithless,
He remains faithful;
NKJV
[/b]
Is that in the Bible?
I mean .. "A Christian who is born again cannot get "unborn again"."

Where is that stated or implied in the Bible.
I have to ask becuse it seems that its all you and jaywill have to go on.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Oct 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Rajk999
Thank you and Amen to that.
As you said a disciple has to continue on in the faith.

Can I ask you as personal question now?
Clearly you are not one of the 'once saved always saved' believers.
Why then did it take so long for you to come out and say so instead of quietly supporting their false beliefs?

Now you are going to have to answer questions from them.
What I was getting from you that we are saved by our works, which may not
be what you meant, but it was how I was reading you.

With what I think they are saying, I believe there is a fine line.
Yes, we will be forgiven if we go to God after we sin.
So there is grace after we come to God, that is NOT saying you can live
a life of sin and ignore God.
I don't think anyone is saying that, but I think if you are not careful
it can be implied.
Kelly

P

Moves
11 Oct 13

I admire your courage pal.
Its a brave soul that dares to tell God what He can or cannot do.

They say Fools dare where angels fear to tread ..

I dont think there is an angel that would make the kind of statements some of you people make here on this forum. And you make it in support of your favourite doctrine or pastor or teacher.

Why not ...[text shortened]... Christians you know for sure that they ALL are getting eternal life? It just seems so foolish.
I remember when Abraham said to God, "What if there are 20 people who believe, are you going to destroy sod and ga if there are 20 innocent".
Our relationship with God is more than just laying down and letting a steam roller go over us. We have a voice. I have stood before God many times on the behalf of others. And He has relented from His judgements that would have been.
God does not want robots. We are His children, His friends, His companions. Have you never stood between friends when anger arrises? Even when it is a just anger. I have argued with God over one soul, "if his sin is so great then give it to me, let him take my place in heaven." and God said to me, "settle down, let's talk". Oh ya, I quoted to you a piece of that conversation.
I know that tons of people read this. I know how it might sound to you and others. But in this, and related to talking to God; Why is it hard for you to believe that i can talk to God, and hear Him? You do believe there IS a God. So let's put real faith on the line. God talks to us all the time.

e
Adepto 'er perfectu

Moves
11 Oct 13

Would God send His only Son to bear our sin, becoming sin itself, and then judge Him without mercy for that sin if His sacrifice wasn’t enough? No! Yet, many Christians act as though it wasn’t enough and continue to believe God is withholding His blessing because of their sin. It’s time to learn the truth.

http://www.awmi.net/extra/article/jesus_enough
Focusing on "sins" is silly. So long as you live humbly, treat your neighbors like you would like to be treated, and be generally nice to people, you should be good. Being an understanding individual, filled with peace, and compassion should be what Christian's prioritize instead of judging one another over a rule book. That is just my opinion, though.

P

Moves
11 Oct 13

Originally posted by empovsun
Focusing on "sins" is silly. So long as you live humbly, treat your neighbors like you would like to be treated, and be generally nice to people, you should be good. Being an understanding individual, filled with peace, and compassion should be what Christian's prioritize instead of judging one another over a rule book. That is just my opinion, though.
I like your opinion! And i like the fact that you refer to the Bible as the rule book. So many times i have run into christains that tell me, " the bible, that is it. That is all God has ever said." Like you could put all the Eternal God, all He has ever said into the bible. We forget that even Jesus, the Eternal God, refers to Himself as the cornerstone. We forget that we, our bodies, are only the temples of the Holy Spirit. We forget, or plainly have no idea, that we are so much more than what is perseved by ourselves. We forget, the Christ, which we accept as Lord and Savior, wants to work though us. To reach out, to love.

P

Moves
11 Oct 13

I would agree. But more importantly, how are you in a position to know who sins after baptism?
It is something i can see

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
11 Oct 13

Originally posted by Pudgenik
I remember when Abraham said to God, "What if there are 20 people who believe, are you going to destroy sod and ga if there are 20 innocent".
Our relationship with God is more than just laying down and letting a steam roller go over us. We have a voice. I have stood before God many times on the behalf of others. And He has relented from His judgements t ...[text shortened]... ou do believe there IS a God. So let's put real faith on the line. God talks to us all the time.
Interesting and I am in agreement with you. I know people who have two-way conversations with God. I have not been so privileged [yet].

The point here is that an individual cannot claim to know for a fact that 100,000,000 Christians that are born again are all getting eternal life even though some might be committing atrocious sins. That area is for God to know and decide.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Oct 13

Kelly

Interesting, I thought salvation was a gift.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Oct 13

Interesting, I thought salvation was a gift.
I think so too, and not denying its irrevocable either.
Kelly

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Oct 13

I think so too, and not denying its irrevocable either.
Kelly
My point is, if Jesus did not pay for our sins once for all, then we might as well go back to the sacrificing of animals, because if I sin after I am born again there is no longer offered a sacrifice.

Christians today do not understand how immense the cross really is. They live with a sin conscience. I avoid sin not because I am afraid of God, but because of my love for God.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
11 Oct 13

My point is, if Jesus did not pay for our sins once for all, then we might as well go back to the sacrificing of animals, because if I sin after I am born again there is no longer offered a sacrifice.

Christians today do not understand how immense the cross really is. They live with a sin conscience. I avoid sin not because I am afraid of God, but because of my love for God.
Good explanation. A+

The Instructor