1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 05:381 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Geeeez....you really don't listen and reason on the answers do you?

#1. Where does it say Jesus was the creator? Make sure you look at the scripture closely before you answer.

#2. Where does it ever say in the bible the Holy Spirit is God or another being? When that helper came, who saw it? How did it identify itself or did anyone ever see it?

#

And there is not ONE scripture that calls the Holy Spirit a God of any kind..............
    Are you satisfied with my reply to #1?
    Once we have finished with that, I will reply to #2 and #3.
    Let me know when you are ready.
  2. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 06:27
    I'm sure you notice that when RJH can't answer he changes the subject or ask another question. I truly wish he would back up for once and look at the facts, the very clear facts of the Bible and see that the trinity """"cannot work"""" with the context of the Bible.
    A simple one is Jesus calls his father, Father.
    The Father calls Jesus his son.
    The holy spirit is never called anything like that.
    You guys do the same. I'm going to say that the trinity in and of it's self is not a doctrine that gains a man salvation!! There I said it. I will even agree that it is an inferred idea or concept. However it has merit because it's seen in scripture. How can man understand the nature of God? In all of God's majesty do you all think are little pea brains can grasp God? I've given up on the trinity argument some see it some don't but God is God.

Manny
  3. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 09:07
    I'm really starting to believe that the trinity is so ingrained into their minds that no matter what is shown from the bible or all the outside resources, even from biblical historians, they are just not going to see it. Their eyes are open and I really think they read our post but they just don't see with their minds.
    I've discussed the trinity with h ...[text shortened]... want to know the truth on this because as long as they keep it closed it will never work....
    one would think that the obvious contradictions that the trinity doctrine causes would be enough to dispel it without any difficulty, but it's a fight against a doctrine that has had centuries to become ingrained in the psyches of individuals to the point that they have become more loyal to the doctrine rather than to what is actually written about christ.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 09:111 edit
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    one would think that the obvious contradictions that the trinity doctrine causes would be enough to dispel it without any difficulty, but it's a fight against a doctrine that has had centuries to become ingrained in the psyches of individuals to the point that they have become more loyal to the doctrine rather than to what is actually written about christ.
    Spot on.

It's the saem mind-set when people 'love' their organisation so much that they accept everything it tells them.
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 23:09
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit

It is ingrained in our EXPERIENCE of God. We know what Paul is speaking of when he says:

The Spirit of God dwells in you who is the Spirit of Christ. And since He does Christ Himself indeed lives His indwelling in us. He gives life and empowers us. We know that we are not the source. We know that the source comes from within us but is by the GRACE of God. We enjoy this one blending and mingling with our personalities.

The engrainment is not so much mental. It is in subjective enjoyment and experience of the AVAILABLE resurrected Son of God.

"Behold, I am with you all the days until the consummation of the age." (Matt. 28:20)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree