1. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Feb '18 14:33
    Originally posted by @secondson
    Be sure to thank God that He didn't make you like other men, or a woman, and that you're not a Christian.
    God did not make me any different.
    I am not a Christian. Im a follower of Christ.
    If you dont understand the difference then maybe you should make that your first priority.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Feb '18 14:361 edit
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    She is kinda slow.. you have to be patient with her type.

Your question was a though-provoking one ... thumbs up for that.
    Makes these Christians think a bit, something they dont often do.
    Credit where credit's due
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Feb '18 14:391 edit
    That's Satan's line.

In reality you're just another ordinary human being, one with an extraordinarily over inflated ego and hyper illusionary concept of self.
    Lie to me again , please tell me how you know anything about me._. edit: Reality is not an opinion
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Feb '18 14:42
    Be sure to thank God that He didn't make you like other men, or a woman, and that you're not a Christian.
    Wtf? Who r u ?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Feb '18 15:44
    If you dont understand the difference then maybe you should make that your first priority.
    Christians don’t think they can justify themselves before God or make themselves righteous (in right standing with God.) They know only Jesus Christ can do that.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Feb '18 16:36
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Christians don’t think they can justify themselves before God or make themselves righteous (in right standing with God.) They know only Jesus Christ can do that.
    Don't know what you talking about but Paul said

For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
    Romans:2:13
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Feb '18 16:472 edits
    God is God.
    Christ is God incarnate.

Yes the spoils of the inherited earth can be though of as being divided to God who owns everything from eternity to eternity, and God incarnate - the Godman Jesus Christ.

But this is in fact what we see in the Bible.

"But I have installed My King upon Zion, My holy mountain.

I will recount the decree of Jehovah; He said to Me; You are My Son; Today I have begotten You.

Ask of Me, And I will give the nations as Your inheritance And the limits of the earth as Your possession. " (Psalm 2:6-8)

So then how could we not believe that God the Father - the Great and the Strong could not divide with God the Son the inheritance of God's entire creation ?

"The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of His Christ, and He will reign forever and ever." (Rev. 11:15)

"[O]ur Lord AND ... of HIS CHRIST" has to refer to the Father and the Son, and thereby the Triune God.

He in the sentence " ... and He shall reign forever and ever" I take to refer to the Triune God.

So in Isaiah 53:12 the creation, the world, the nations as the spoil of God is divided to the Triune God.

"Therefore I will divide to Him a portion with the Great, And He will divide the spoil with the Strong." (v.12)
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Feb '18 17:262 edits
    Now concerning dividing the spoils with the Strong and the Great -

Some may make the case that the strong and the great refer to overcomers. for Christ reigns with co-kings.

While that interpretation is clearly possible, I think probably a better one is that the prophet meant God is "the Strong" and "the Great".

One reason is that in this prophecy the Suffering Servant is more often classed with the sinners, the transgressors, the guilty RATHER than the righteous.

"And they assigned His grave with the wicked, ..." (v.9)

His lot is thrown in unjustly with "the wicked".

He is cut off from the land of the living - living sinners.
    " ... He was cut off out of the land of the living." (v.8)

The emphasis of His redeeming act is that He in CONTRAST is not like those whom He came to redeemed.

Most of the prophecy is how Christ was classed unfairly with LOSERS. And He came to save them.

" ... the righteous One, My servant, will make the many [sinners] righteous." (v.11)

He is numbered with the transgressors.
    " ... He poured out His life unto death and was numbered with the transgressors." (v.12)

He is OUT OF PLACE with those who are unworthy of His company. This is the general theme. So while I could not insist that "the strong" and "the great" could not be those whom He justifies, I think it is more consistent that the CONTRAST between Him is maintained.

Being unlike them, He nonetheless saves them.
    Therefore, I think it better to understand God the One sending the Suffering Servant is "the Great" and "the Strong" rather than the justified wicked and transgressors, lost sheep and offenders, sick ones in need of healing and violent, iniquity filled and sorrowful.

"Yet He alone bore the sin of many and interceded for the transgressors." (v.12)

The distance between the two - the Suffering Servant and those for who He interceded is emphasized throughout more than His being LIKE them.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Feb '18 18:12
    Originally posted by @sonship
    God is God.
    Christ is God incarnate.

Yes the spoils of the inherited earth can be though of as being divided to God who owns everything from eternity to eternity, and God incarnate - the Godman Jesus Christ.

But this is in fact what we see in the Bible.

[b] "But I have installed My King upon Zion, My holy mountain.

I will recount the d ...[text shortened]... im a portion with the Great, And He will divide the spoil with the Strong." (v.12)
    [/b]
    Have you heard from God lately?
  10. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    24 Feb '18 21:10
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Lie to me again , please tell me how you know anything about me._. edit: Reality is not an opinion
    Well, you said you are God did you not? That tells me quite a lot about you.

Or are you lying?
  11. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    24 Feb '18 21:32
    I know the difference.

A Christian is one because of what Christ did on the cross.

A follower of Christ is one who seeks to attain to righteousness based on their own efforts, which subsequently results in lip service and Christian bashing, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Feb '18 21:52

Or are you lying?
    Half the people on the planet (51% at the last count) believe in reincarnation and ultimately that human beings are part of the divine.

In other words, the idea that we are all God (part of the same divinity) is a view held by the majority. Does your condescending attitude extend to all of them?
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Feb '18 22:191 edit
    I know the difference.

A Christian is one because of what Christ did on the cross.

A follower of Christ is one who seeks to attain to righteousness based on their own efforts, which subsequently results in lip service and Christian bashing, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
    Oh... you left out one difference ....

Followers of Christ will be in the Kingdom of God because they are doers.

Talkers ? ... Not so sure. Only Jesus knows.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Feb '18 22:23

Or are you lying?
    I never lie. Please carch me, I wont b here forever
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Feb '18 22:25
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Half the people on the planet (51% at the last count) believe in reincarnation and ultimately that human beings are part of the divine.

In other words, the idea that we are all God (part of the same divinity) is a view held by the majority. Does your condescending attitude extend to all of them?
    Credit where credit is due

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree