1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 10:29
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Did you read the first few paragraphs of the article? It seems to equate reincarnation to believing in God.
    Which is the “common definition” of reincarnation that you referred to above?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 10:35
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Which is the “common definition” of reincarnation that you referred to above?
    One can believe in God and not believe in reincarnation as reincarnation is commonly understood - a human being who dies comes back as another life form on earth.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 12:05
    One can believe in God and not believe in reincarnation as reincarnation is commonly understood - a human being who dies comes back as another life form on earth.
    Did you attend the same 'reincarnation class' as sonship?

😞
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 12:551 edit
    Which is the “common definition” of reincarnation that you referred to above? (Page 4 last post)
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 16:09
    Which is the “common definition” of reincarnation that you referred to above? (Page 4 last post)
    How many times do you have to ask? Did you not read "a human being who dies comes back as another life form on earth"? Or was it "too long"?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 16:17
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    How many times do you have to ask? Did you not read "a human being who dies comes back as another life form on earth"? Or was it "too long"?
    I thought we were discussing actual recognised definitions rather than opinion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reincarnation
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 16:30
    "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:" -- Hebrews 9:27, KJV
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 16:331 edit
    I thought we were discussing actual recognised definitions rather than opinion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reincarnation
    reincarnation

noun
    1. the belief that the soul, upon death of the body, comes back to earth in another body or form.
    2. rebirth of the soul in a new body.
    3. a new incarnation or embodiment, as of a person.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/reincarnation

Wikipedia is largely "opinion".
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 17:00
    reincarnation

noun
    1. the belief that the soul, upon death of the body, comes back to earth in another body or form.
    2. rebirth of the soul in a new body.
    3. a new incarnation or embodiment, as of a person.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/reincarnation

Wikipedia is largely "opinion".
    Yes, it is the “common opinion” as he stated, rather that the Romans1009 opinion, which was exactly my point!
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 17:44
    The point is that it's the 'same' soul that is reincarnated. (And the goal of course not to return at all).

Good luck explaining that to Sonship or Romans.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 19:01
    Yes, it is the “common opinion” as he stated, rather that the Romans1009 opinion, which was exactly my point!
    What are you on about? (An expression I picked up from this forum.)

I said the dictionary definition was the commonly-accepted definition but not the one used in the article referenced by Ghost. According to the article, belief in God equals belief in reincarnation. That’s false. One can believe in God without believing in reincarnation.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 19:04
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    The point is that it's the 'same' soul that is reincarnated. (And the goal of course not to return at all).

We get that, honey. We just don’t believe that the same soul comes back to earth and inhabits another body.

Nor, do I think, 51 percent of people believe that as the article you referenced seems to equate believing in God with believing in reincarnation. One can (and hundreds of millions of people do) believe in God and do not believe in reincarnation.
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 20:01
    We get that, honey. We just don’t believe that the same soul comes back to earth and inhabits another body.
    You're slowly descending in to creepy.

(And who was talking about what you believe? We were discussing reincarnation and what people who believe in reincarnation believe. - Your inability to explore beliefs outside of your own is tragic).
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 20:47
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke

Rise
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 22:181 edit
    "I thought we were discussing actual recognised definitions rather than opinion."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree