1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Aug '14 16:18
    Originally posted by FMF
    I have no reason to think that God has revealed Himself to either you or the Muslims. Why did you not add the genocide of the Canaanites at the hands of the Jews to your list of mass murders? Is it because you happen to subscribe to Hebrew mythology?
    Christ did not speak of it. His approach was not to tear down, but to build up. He gently showed them there was a better way to live by such acts as showing mercy to people who were about to be stoned.

His approach was one of humility, something we find foreign to us today.

Now, show me a group of followers of Jesus who support mass genocide anywhere?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Aug '14 16:19
    Originally posted by whodey
    Christ did not speak of it. His approach was not to tear down, but to build up. He gently showed them there was a better way to live by such acts as showing mercy to people who were about to be stoned.

His approach was one of humility, something we find foreign to us today.

This simply does not explain why you did not add the genocide of the Canaanites at the hands of the Jews to your list of mass murders
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Aug '14 16:20
    If they committed mass murders will you deny that they were "followers of Jesus"?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Aug '14 16:34
    Originally posted by FMF
    This simply does not explain why you did not add the genocide of the Canaanites at the hands of the Jews to your list of mass murders
    What does the genocide of the Canaanites at the hands of the Jews have to do with the followers of Christ?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Aug '14 16:38
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    What does the genocide of the Canaanites at the hands of the Jews have to do with the followers of Christ?
    It was missing from a list of genocides that whodey provided of groups who, like the Hebrews who committed genocide against the Canaanites, were not followers of Christ. It seemed like a conspicuous omission in the circumstances. whodey won't condemn his God figure's approval of the Canaanite genocide I suspect.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Aug '14 16:41
    Christians ~ and others ~ have persecuted the Jews for two thousand years ~ pogroms, ethnic cleansing, mass murders ~ culminating in the mid-20th C Holocaust.

Christian colonialists committed mass murder and genocide across South America, North America, Africa and Asia for hundreds and hundreds of years.

There are people on the Debates Forum this very day muttering uninhibitedly about carrying out a genocidal attack on Mecca to rid the world of 'the Muslim problem' and you ~ a self described Christian and critic of mass murder and genocide ~ have not said a single word in opposition or condemnation of it, despite being active on the anti-Islam threads in question.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Aug '14 18:43
    Originally posted by FMF
    It was missing from a list of genocides that whodey provided of groups who, like the Hebrews who committed genocide against the Canaanites, were not followers of Christ. It seemed like a conspicuous omission in the circumstances. whodey won't condemn his God figure's approval of the Canaanite genocide I suspect.
    I thought the Palestinians claimed they were descendants of the Canaanites.

Claims emanating from certain circles within Palestinian society and their supporters, proposing that Palestinians have direct ancestral connections to the ancient Canaanites, without an intermediate Israelite link, has been an issue of contention within the context of the Israeli–Palestinian conflict.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_people
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Aug '14 22:453 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    Christians ~ and others ~ have persecuted the Jews for two thousand years ~ pogroms, ethnic cleansing, mass murders ~ culminating in the mid-20th C Holocaust.

Christian colonialists committed mass murder and genocide across South America, North America, Africa and Asia for hundreds and hundreds of years.

There are people on the Debates Forum this very da ...[text shortened]... in opposition or condemnation of it, despite being active on the anti-Islam threads in question.
    I defend no one. Those that have killed have God to answer to, not me.

All I can do is hold up the example of the God that I follow and in whom I have been given an example. That is who I strive to be.

Looking at rays of hope out there, Jesus is pretty much the only one I see.

In my estimation, the pogroms and such were a offensive to the Almighty.

However, looking at the world today who talks of mass killing? Those are the ones to be concerned with.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Aug '14 00:12
    I defend no one. Those that have killed have God to answer to, not me.
    That's not what you were asked. Will you condemn your God figure's approval of the Canaanite genocide?
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    11 Aug '14 01:06
    Originally posted by menace71
    Is Islam the true and real threat to the rest (Western world) of the world ? Many will say Islam has been hijacked by radicals of that faith but throughout the history of this religion it has been fraught with warfare. The Sunni against the Shia and also any other people who do not capitulate and become Muslim get heads chopped off !! Any religion who wishes to kill and starve women and children no matter what name it goes by is evil

Manny
    It is only rational to understand that there is only one true faith. All others are a threat to everyone and everything as it relates to having a relationship with the one and only true God.

One God, one faith. Pure logic.
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    11 Aug '14 03:07
    Originally posted by josephw
    It is only rational to understand that there is only one true faith. .
    Talk us through this.

Can you not conceive of a god who presents himself through different religions to different people?
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Aug '14 10:452 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    That's not what you were asked. Will you condemn your God figure's approval of the Canaanite genocide?
    I have studied this and have found that the Jewish people rationalize the slayings of the Canaanites with the knowledge that the Shemite people were driven from the land earlier by the Canaanites the same way they drove them out of the land.

This goes back to the tradition of an eye for an eye. Is the tradition of an eye for an eye just? Is it good to kill those who kill? I think there is some justification here, but Jesus said that he came with a better law. He said that you were once told to hate those who hate you, but I tell you to love them instead.

I know of no Christian who would justify a genocide of any kind because of this teaching of Jesus. Therefore, the programs, the Crusades, the inquisitions, they are all condemned by the teachings of Jesus. Note that these evil occurred by a people largely ignorant and uneducated regarding the Bible. It took Martin Luther to return Christianity from being the tool of the statist, like Constantine.

However, you wish us to believe that Christians and Muslims are the same? You wish us to believe that even though Muhammad personally executed about 800 Jews, and offers verses that say such things as "kill the Jew where you find him", to be equals with the Lord Jesus Christ?

Ha!!

Christians no longer hold the eye for an eye doctrine anymore than Jews and Muslims hold to the teachings of Jesus to love your enemies. As a result, they both can continue to enjoy the fruit of their actions.

Face it, the only person to try to bring back some sanity to the situation is the one person you rejected.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Aug '14 11:00
    I have studied this and have found that the Jewish people rationalize the slayings of the Canaanites with the knowledge that the Shemite people were driven from the land earlier by the Canaanites the same way they drove them out of the land.

This goes back to the tradition of an eye for an eye. Is the tradition of an eye for an eye just? Is it good to kill those who kill? I think there is some justification here, but Jesus said that he came with a better law. He said that you were once told to hate those who hate you, but I tell you to love them instead.

I know of no Christian who would justify a genocide of any kind because of this teaching of Jesus. Therefore, the programs, the Crusades, the inquisitions, they are all condemned by the teachings of Jesus. Note that these evil occurred by a people largely ignorant and uneducated regarding the Bible. It took Martin Luther to return Christianity from being the tool of the statist, like Constantine.

However, you wish us to believe that Christians and Muslims are the same? You wish us to believe that even though Muhammad personally executed about 800 Jews, and offers verses that say such things as "kill the Jew where you find him", to be equals with the Lord Jesus Christ?

Ha!!

Christians no longer hold the eye for an eye doctrine anymore than Jews and Muslims hold to the teachings of Jesus to love your enemies. As a result, they both can continue to enjoy the fruit of their actions.

Face it, the only person to try to bring back some sanity to the situation is the one person you rejected.

Yes, fine, all well and good, but will you condemn your God figure's approval of the Canaanite genocide?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Aug '14 11:01
    However, you wish us to believe that Christians and Muslims are the same?
    Only in so far as I have no reason to believe that God has revealed Himself to either of you.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Aug '14 11:06
    Originally posted by FMF
    Only in so far as I have no reason to believe that God has revealed Himself to either of you.
    If there is a God, do you think he enjoys genocide?

I claim that Jesus is against it, so if God has indeed come in the flesh, he is a definite possibility, don't you think?

What we have in the OT are examples of sinful man translating what they think God said. However, when Jesus walked the earth we have the exact words, assuming those that heard him remembered correctly what he said and did.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree