1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Aug '14 21:03
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You are free to believe what you will. It doesn't change the truth.

http://www.answering-christianity.com/abdullah_smith/jesus_survived_cross.htm
    Of course, that is from the false satanic religion of Islam that claims terrorist leader Muhammad is the prophet of their god, Allah, who has no son. They have made up a lot of stories over time in an attempt to deny the Jews the right to exist.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Aug '14 12:05
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Of course, that is from the false satanic religion of Islam that claims terrorist leader Muhammad is the prophet of their god, Allah, who has no son. They have made up a lot of stories over time in an attempt to deny the Jews the right to exist.
    So because you relegate Islam to the devil, EVERYTHING they say is false? There is ZERO truth in Islam?
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Aug '14 03:55
    So because you relegate Islam to the devil, EVERYTHING they say is false? There is ZERO truth in Islam?
    Satan, the old serpent the devil, is very crafty and cunningly mixes truth and error to deceive many.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Aug '14 23:36
    Satan, the old serpent the devil, is very crafty and cunningly mixes truth and error to deceive many.
    Tell me what you think is true in Islam.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Aug '14 00:16
    Tell me what you think is true in Islam.
    There is a creator God that created the heavens, the earth, the seas and all that are in them and He was the God of Abraham. That is about it.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Aug '14 00:351 edit
    There is a creator God that created the heavens, the earth, the seas and all that are in them and He was the God of Abraham. That is about it.
    "The Islamic view of the Christian Bible is based on the belief that the Bible is revelation from God that became distorted or corrupted (tahrif). The Qur'an – the revelation Muslims believe was given to the prophet Muhammad as a remedy – identifies three sets of books from the Bible as genuine divine revelation given to trusted messengers: the Tawrat (Torah) given to Musa (Moses), the Zabur (Psalms) given to Daud (David) and the Injil (Gospel) given to Isa (Jesus). Together, the Qur'an, these books and the now-unknown Suhuf Ibrahim ["Scrolls of Abraham"] constitute Islam's scripture. Belief that this scripture is divinely inspired is one of Islam's fundamental tenets, but, since all scripture before the Qur'an is also held to have become corrupted, Muslims are directed to take guidance from the Qur'an alone." [wiki]

"Some of the people found in both the Qur'an and the Bible include; Aaron, Abel, Abraham, Adam, Cain, David, the disciples of Jesus, Elias, Elisha, Enoch, Eve, Ezra, Goliath, Isaac, Ishmael, Jacob, Jesus, John the Baptist, Jonah, Joseph, Lot, Mary, Moses, Noah, the Pharaohs of Egypt, Samuel, Saul, Solomon, and Zacharias". [wiki]
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Aug '14 21:31
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Sounds like these "certain places" must have at least 50 executions a year and as its "certain places" I assume at least two?

That's a minimum of 100 executions a year you are suggesting!
    Recent (current) happenings:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-28851512
  8. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    19 Aug '14 23:56
    Originally posted by menace71
    If any one who calls themselves Christians (or any label or religion ) and then starves women and children then they are evil period !! plain and simple

It was not an statement that any one religion is right or an argument saying Christians are better than or more righteous than Muslims.....However a group or sect that does this no matter the badge they claim is evil

Manny
    Unfortunately, there are those who also hi-jack the Christian faith and hide behind it, all the while preaching a message of hate. KKK, Nazi's etc.
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    20 Aug '14 02:561 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Recent (current) happenings:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-28851512
    The article says 79 in 2013.

edit: Found an article citing 182 executions in 2014 up to August.
    mmm must admit I wasn't aware of the escalation.

How many does the USA execute?
    I remember Texas topping 50 in 2000.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Aug '14 03:051 edit

One difference is that Texas only execute those convicted of horrible murders. The USA executed 39 persons in 2013.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Aug '14 03:08
    I am an opponent of the death penalty. Can any its proponents explain how decapitation as a form of capital punishment is, to any meaningful degree, all that different from hanging someone by the neck, injecting them with something poisonous, electrocuting them, or shooting them? As for execution in public or not in public, it's surely just a cultural thing and depends on one's approach to deterrence? I find the carrying out of the death penalty in either venue objectionable.
  12. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    20 Aug '14 03:50
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    Unfortunately, there are those who also hi-jack the Christian faith and hide behind it, all the while preaching a message of hate. KKK, Nazi's etc.
    True .........

Manny
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Aug '14 07:151 edit

There is quite a bit about it in the news if you look for it; it doesn't hit the popular media much. This was just for possessing drugs remember. When I go there I have to sign a declaration on my KOSA visa that says I acknowledge that transporting alcohol is a capital offence. It in BLOCK capitals, so you can't miss it. Last time I was there I forgot to check my unlocked hand luggage before leaving the hotel where it had been in my room unattended all day; I got pulled at the airport, it was the most terrifying few minutes of my life.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Aug '14 18:09
    RIP James Foley.

I wanted to point out that the perpetrators were not true Muslims, but as the "no true Scotsman" argument is not allowed on the internet, I'm afraid I can't.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Aug '14 16:27
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am an opponent of the death penalty. Can any its proponents explain how decapitation as a form of capital punishment is, to any meaningful degree, all that different from hanging someone by the neck, injecting them with something poisonous, electrocuting them, or shooting them? As for execution in public or not in public, it's surely just a cultural thing and ...[text shortened]... roach to deterrence? I find the carrying out of the death penalty in either venue objectionable.
    Americans believe in "freedom of the press" and don't believe one should be executed without due process to prove being guilty of a crime that justifies the death penalty. Not being a Muslim and reporting the news is not a criminal offense nor is it worthy of death by beheading or any other method.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree