1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Aug '14 09:41
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Nowhere in what RJH said states or even implies twohybrid's assumption. He was, as I said, merely assuming in order to try to paint RJH in the worst possible light, and RJH allowed him to do just that.
    RJHinds has been open and vocal about his opinion on this issue, for years, right here, repeatedly. twohybrid's assumption was therefore bang on target. It's interesting that you admit to being all set to attack twohybrid even though you know RJHinds' views as well as I do.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Aug '14 09:44
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Misdirection again?
    No. There's no "misdirection". My post dealt with exactly what you'd said, point blank.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Aug '14 10:41
    Originally posted by twohybrid
    OK, but do you believe that HUMANS should carry out the death penalty for homosexuals as it says in the Bible?
    I said in mine heart, God shall judge the righteous and the wicked: for there is a time there for every purpose and for every work.

(Ecclesiastes 3:17 KJV)
  4. Joined
    18 Nov '13
    Moves
    24 Aug '14 12:421 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I said in mine heart, God shall judge the righteous and the wicked: for there is a time there for every purpose and for every work.

(Ecclesiastes 3:17 KJV)
    You appear to be avoiding the question and I can only guess why.

My own opinion is that the death penalty, for whatever crime, is legalised murder and lowers those who carry out the penalty (viz: all those involved) to the same level as the criminal (if, indeed, the condemned person is a criminal). The USA took a massive retrograde step by re-introducing the death penalty.

Consider this: Would Jesus pull the lever on the Gallows? Would Jesus electrocute someone? Please remember 'let he who is without sin cast the first stone'.
  5. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    24 Aug '14 16:26
    You can make a distinction between cold blooded murder and the penalty of death for some hynous crimes committed by an individual that a given society has deemed worthy of death. The premise upon which the death penalty stands is that it actually puts a value on human life. It basic means if one maliously takes others lives (murders) then their life should be taken for their actions. It might seem barbaric at first glance but if one values their own life then they would not murder another's.

Manny
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Aug '14 18:58
    PROOF Allah is Satan: From the words of Muhammad

YouTube
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Aug '14 02:24
    Originally posted by menace71
    You can make a distinction between cold blooded murder and the penalty of death for some hynous crimes committed by an individual that a given society has deemed worthy of death. The premise upon which the death penalty stands is that it actually puts a value on human life. It basic means if one maliously takes others lives (murders) then their life should ...[text shortened]... barbaric at first glance but if one values their own life then they would not murder another's.
    Would you condone the public beheading of convicted cold blooded murders in principle?
  8. Joined
    18 Nov '13
    Moves
    25 Aug '14 12:18
    Originally posted by menace71
    You can make a distinction between cold blooded murder and the penalty of death for some hynous crimes committed by an individual that a given society has deemed worthy of death. The premise upon which the death penalty stands is that it actually puts a value on human life. It basic means if one maliously takes others lives (murders) then their life should ...[text shortened]... t first glance but if one values their own life then they would not murder another's.

Manny
    How can killing someone put a value on life? That makes no sense.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Aug '14 15:32
    You appear to be avoiding the question and I can only guess why.

My own opinion is that the death penalty, for whatever crime, is legalised murder and lowers those who carry out the penalty (viz: all those involved) to the same level as the criminal (if, indeed, the condemned person is a criminal). The USA took a massive retrograde step by re-introduci ...[text shortened]... uld Jesus electrocute someone? Please remember 'let he who is without sin cast the first stone'.
    I believe serial killers like in the following list need to be caught and given the death penalty by the governments of men to safeguard society. Then God can deal with the second death, Lake of Fire and Brimstone issue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_serial_killers_by_number_of_victims
  10. Joined
    18 Nov '13
    Moves
    26 Aug '14 08:07
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I believe serial killers like in the following list need to be caught and given the death penalty by the governments of men to safeguard society. Then God can deal with the second death, Lake of Fire and Brimstone issue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_serial_killers_by_number_of_victims
    Fair enough but do you believe that homosexuals and adulterers should be put to death because it says so in the Bible?
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Aug '14 13:441 edit
    Fair enough but do you believe that homosexuals and adulterers should be put to death because it says so in the Bible?
    No, for those local laws or ordinances were for Israel at an earlier time and it seems clear that Christ superseded those with the new covenant. But that still does not mean that homosexual and adulterous acts are no longer sinful. They must be repented of and will be answerable to Christ as judge in the last day judgment.
  12. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    27 Aug '14 04:52
    Originally posted by FMF
    Would you condone the public beheading of convicted cold blooded murders in principle?
    No I don't think it has to be a public display or even beheading

Manny
  13. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    27 Aug '14 04:59
    How can killing someone put a value on life? That makes no sense.
    The value is not in killing someone...... The value is in putting a price on life and if one murders another there is a price to pay..... The murderer pays with their own life. It should cause one to think first before murdering another and cause them to value their own life.

Manny

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree