1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Aug '14 11:06
    Originally posted by FMF
    [b]I have studied this and have found that the Jewish people rationalize the slayings of the Canaanites with the knowledge that the Shemite people were driven from the land earlier by the Canaanites the same way they drove them out of the land.

This goes back to the tradition of an eye for an eye. Is the tradition of an eye for an eye just? Is it good to ki ...[text shortened]... e, all well and good, but will you condemn your God figure's approval of the Canaanite genocide?
    I have already answered this.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Aug '14 11:08
    Originally posted by whodey
    If there is a God, do you think he enjoys genocide?

I claim that Jesus is against it, so if God has indeed come in the flesh, he is a definite possibility, don't you think?

What we have in the OT are examples of sinful man translating what they think God said. However, when Jesus walked the earth we have the exact words, assuming those that heard him remembered correctly what he said and did.
    whodey, I am not a Christian. I do not subscribe to the claims you make about your God figure or Jesus or about the OT or about supernatural things or to any of the tenets of the religion you just so happen to be a devotee of.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Aug '14 11:09
    I have already answered this.
    So was it a yes or a no?

The question was: will you condemn your God figure's approval of the Canaanite genocide?
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Aug '14 11:11
    Originally posted by FMF
    So was it a yes or a no?

The question was: will you condemn your God figure's approval of the Canaanite genocide?
    As I said, there is some notion to the idea of an eye for an eye. This is what Muslims and Jews follow today. However, there is a better way that Jesus provided.

So there is no yes or no because Jesus was not around back then. Had Jesus been alive, he most assuredly would not have approved.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Aug '14 11:13
    As I said, there is some notion to the idea of an eye for an eye. This is what Muslims and Jews follow today. However, there is a better way that Jesus provided.

So there is no yes or no because Jesus was not around back then. Had Jesus been alive, he most assuredly would not have approved.
    You seem to be addressing a different question. Your God figure in the OT is your God figure, right? I am asking will you condemn your God figure's approval of the genocide of the Canaanites?
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    11 Aug '14 19:03
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Talk us through this.

Can you not conceive of a god who presents himself through different religions to different people?
    Why would God do that?

One God for all. There is only one Jesus who died and rose from the dead.

God is not the god of confusion. That's that other guy!
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Aug '14 19:38
    Originally posted by josephw
    Why would God do that?

One God for all. There is only one Jesus who died and rose from the dead.

God is not the god of confusion. That's that other guy!
    So, NOT being the 'other' guy, why WOULDN"T it make a religion that everyone agreed on, all the rules the same, talking to every one on Earth in their own languages at the same time AND why would it happen at that junction of time instead of 100,000 years ago when humans with modern brains appeared on the scene?

Too many co-incidences for the whole thing to be nothing but man made from day one. Just like all the OTHER religions on Earth. ALL man made.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Aug '14 14:221 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So, NOT being the 'other' guy, why WOULDN"T it make a religion that everyone agreed on, all the rules the same, talking to every one on Earth in their own languages at the same time AND why would it happen at that junction of time instead of 100,000 years ago when humans with modern brains appeared on the scene?

Too many co-incidences for the whole thing ...[text shortened]... be nothing but man made from day one. Just like all the OTHER religions on Earth. ALL man made.
    You seem to overlook the fact that Satan and his demon angels are working against the plan of God.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Aug '14 14:28
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You seem to overlook the fact that Satan and his demon angels are working against the plan of God.
    Just another part of the whole BS story.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Aug '14 15:32
    Just another part of the whole BS story.
    Explain how that part works.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Aug '14 16:41
    Explain how that part works.
    That part works because the entire edifice of the abrahamic religions are based on stories written entirely by men to control unruly people so they had to come up with scary stories like original sin, hell, satan, the flood, god's test of Abraham and so forth. Just stories written by men with no godly influence.

The only influence was more like too many magic mushrooms in the desert sun giving them hallucinations where they thought they saw burning bushes and Lot's wife turning into salt and such.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Aug '14 07:38
    That part works because the entire edifice of the abrahamic religions are based on stories written entirely by men to control unruly people so they had to come up with scary stories like original sin, hell, satan, the flood, god's test of Abraham and so forth. Just stories written by men with no godly influence.

The only influence was more like too many ...[text shortened]... ucinations where they thought they saw burning bushes and Lot's wife turning into salt and such.
    There are also stories of heros and triumph of good over evil. What about Jesus, the empty tomb, and the Shroud of Turin? What is your explanation? Since you lived in Israel, You must have seen the empty tomb.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Aug '14 11:48
    There are also stories of heros and triumph of good over evil. What about Jesus, the empty tomb, and the Shroud of Turin? What is your explanation? Since you lived in Israel, You must have seen the empty tomb.
    I saw three separate places they claim to be the tomb. It doesn't matter in the slightest whether JC was buried in whatever tomb or if the shroud was his or not since he was just a man, not a god. Like I said, I don't think he died on the cross, the guards were paid to cut him down early, that much is clear.

Then off to a cave for a few days covered with Aloe, healing herbs where he recovered well enough to skip town, realizing he would be put to death more permanently if he didn't get out of Dodge.

There is plenty of evidence for this, such as the mysterious monasteries started at that time going up the silk road leading all the way to Kashmir.
    There is even a tomb in Kashmir alleged to be JC's.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Aug '14 18:261 edit
    I saw three separate places they claim to be the tomb. It doesn't matter in the slightest whether JC was buried in whatever tomb or if the shroud was his or not since he was just a man, not a god. Like I said, I don't think he died on the cross, the guards were paid to cut him down early, that much is clear.

Then off to a cave for a few days covered with ...[text shortened]... silk road leading all the way to Kashmir.
    There is even a tomb in Kashmir alleged to be JC's.
    There is no mention of any payment to the guards to cut Jesus down early. You are just making up your own story and accepting other false stories that you would like to believe.

The scientists have determined that the image on the Shroud of Turin is that of a man beaten and crucified to death in exactly the same manner as described for Jesus. No scientist that examined the shroud believes that man could have survived as you and others have claimed. The unexplained and supernatural nature of the image on the Shroud by the scientists is enough proof for me to believe the resurrection of Jesus was the cause of that image.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Aug '14 19:521 edit
    There is no mention of any payment to the guards to cut Jesus down early. You are just making up your own story and accepting other false stories that you would like to believe.

The scientists have determined that the image on the Shroud of Turin is that of a man beaten and crucified to death in exactly the same manner as described for Jesus. No scienti ...[text shortened]... entists is enough proof for me to believe the resurrection of Jesus was the cause of that image.
    You are free to believe what you will. It doesn't change the truth.

http://www.answering-christianity.com/abdullah_smith/jesus_survived_cross.htm

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree