1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Oct '18 18:371 edit
    @secondson said
    Yes. I'm the world's greatest forum saver! If it weren't for me this place would dry up.
    What an odd perspective; I’m of the view that if you weren’t posting here anymore no one would notice.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Oct '18 18:39
    @secondson said
    "...I am happy to stand before the living God an explain myself on this matter."

While you're at it ask God why He flooded the earth killing billions of innocent men, women and children. Maybe you don't believe that happened either.
    I noticed you (and indeed every Christian here) avoided my literal/metaphor challenge. You are all tough guys with your he’ll fire stories of God’s perfect justice but when it comes down to it you are just following what’s been drilled into to you.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Oct '18 18:46
    @divegeester said
    I have neither and issue with you (I’m not sure why you are inferring I think that), nor with the scriptures.

I am comfortable with metaphor and symbolism in the bible; I note that you avoided my post recently challenging any Christian to decide which was literal and which was metaphor in a passage from Revelation.
    If you have a doubt take it literally! Attempting to cloud the text by casting doubt
    on its truthfulness isn't going to dispel what God holds us to. He will know what
    is real and true in both our lives and our arguments.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Oct '18 18:47
    @divegeester said
    I noticed you (and indeed every Christian here) avoided my literal/metaphor challenge. You are all tough guys with your he’ll fire stories of God’s perfect justice but when it comes down to it you are just following what’s been drilled into to you.
    No one has "...drilled into" me anything. It is the text, you can read it for yourself,
    attempting to make it nothing of note, or not true is something you are doing and
    has nothing to do with me.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Oct '18 18:521 edit
    @kellyjay said
    If you have a doubt take it literally! Attempting to cloud the text by casting doubt
    on its truthfulness isn't going to dispel what God holds us to. He will know what
    is real and true in both our lives and our arguments.
    Why did you avoid my literal/metaphor challenge then?

Would you like me to post it again so you can demonstrate your wisdom?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Oct '18 18:53
    @kellyjay said
    No one has "...drilled into" me anything. It is the text, you can read it for yourself,
    attempting to make it nothing of note, or not true is something you are doing and
    has nothing to do with me.
    I’m not saying it has anything you to with you why are you now inferring that as we’ll as inferring that I have an “issue” with you?
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Oct '18 19:051 edit
    @divegeester said
    I’m not saying it has anything you to with you why are you now inferring that as we’ll as inferring that I have an “issue” with you?
    Ignore this...I'm not cutting you any slack here.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Oct '18 19:061 edit
    @divegeester said
    Why did you avoid my literal/metaphor challenge then?

Would you like me to post it again so you can demonstrate your wisdom?
    Go ahead post it again lets see how it goes.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Oct '18 19:25
    @kellyjay said
    Go ahead post it again lets see how it goes.
    Done.

New thread
  10. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    20 Oct '18 22:17
    @divegeester said
    What an odd perspective; I’m of the view that if you weren’t posting here anymore no one would notice.
    Neither would I.
  11. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    20 Oct '18 22:26
    @divegeester said
    You think you noticed. I've been busy for the last 5 hours. I just saw that thread. Maybe, if I find it interesting enough, I'll make a post.

"...you are just following what’s been drilled into to you."

Another misperception. I'm following what the scriptures teach.

Try it sometime. Maybe then you wouldn't be so full of fear of the reality of God's wrath, which is sure to come on a Christ rejecting world.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Oct '18 05:14

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. S. Korea
    Moves
    21 Oct '18 11:12
    @divegeester said
    Incidentally, do you still hold the view that (the now banned from the site member) Romans1009 is one of the best posters here?
    Yes, he was one of the best posters here.

It is sad to say "was."
  14. S. Korea
    Moves
    21 Oct '18 11:14
    @fmf said
    Sorry, I am not really interested in what you are talking about.

I am interested in how the quote applies to things like ideology and religious belief.

Personally, when it comes to a belief in supernatural beings, supernatural phenomena and supernatural causality, I don't think people can use their mind to decide to believe in them if they do not find them credible, just as ...[text shortened]... ion/religiosity work. Edit: ...nor is how it works with a lack of religious belief, for that matter.
    This second part I did not think was so pertinent to the quote, but I guess I can kind of see it now that I think about it more.

You are suggesting that we can 'free' ourselves from superstition by not allowing superstition to dominate our mind, correct? Something like that?

But at the same time you are almost sympathetic with the theistic side of the discussion because you imply that one cannot help but be X or Y on this issue, but it also seems to be a bit muddier because there seems to have been some kind of transition into atheism for you.

Perhaps you'd like to elaborate a bit more as I am not quite all the way there.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Oct '18 11:162 edits
    @secondson said
    You think you noticed. I've been busy for the last 5 hours. I just saw that thread. Maybe, if I find it interesting enough, I'll make a post.

"...you are just following what’s been drilled into to you."

Another misperception. I'm following what the scriptures teach.

Try it sometime. Maybe then you wouldn't be so full of fear of the reality of God's wrath, which is sure to come on a Christ rejecting world.
    The challenge is reposted in a new thread. So far only KellyJay has responded to the challenge in the OP.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree