It all begins and ends in your mind.

It all begins and ends in your mind.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S. Korea

Moves
18 Oct 18

@divegeester said
Who’s the guy in the bathtub and why is he handcuffed?

Is this a homosexual fantasy of yours?
(1) It's from a film.

(2) No, it's not a fantasy of mine.

(3) Aren't you against homophobia? You are really bad at being liberal and tolerant, yet you otherwise embrace all of their stances.

If I want to have sex with a man in a bath tub, isn't that something to be celebrated?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
18 Oct 18

@philokalia said
(1) It's from a film.

(2) No, it's not a fantasy of mine.

(3) Aren't you against homophobia? You are really bad at being liberal and tolerant, yet you otherwise embrace all of their stances.

If I want to have sex with a man in a bath tub, isn't that something to be celebrated?
Why are you talking about having homosexual sex?

S. Korea

Moves
18 Oct 18

Don't try to take up jiu-jitsu, bro. You are not very skilled at reversing these things.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Oct 18

@philokalia said
Don't try to take up jiu-jitsu, bro. You are not very skilled at reversing these things.
"Martial arts" and just being an a-hole in the forums are two totally different things.

S. Korea

Moves
18 Oct 18

Let's be the change we want to see.

... Dive, I love you, and I want us to start over. Let's just talk about things in a calm way and understand that our differences do not have to make us rant bitterly.

Let's just post oru thoughts, and our replies, and avoid the ad hominem.

What do you say, mate?

c

Moves
18 Oct 18

@philokalia said
Let's be the change we want to see.

... Dive, I love you, and I want us to start over. Let's just talk about things in a calm way and understand that our differences do not have to make us rant bitterly.

Let's just post oru thoughts, and our replies, and avoid the ad hominem.

What do you say, mate?
Lol.

You love Dive? Not possible.

F

Moves
19 Oct 18

@philokalia said
I'm talking about how we are limited to the real circumstances around us and thus it does not all begin and end with our mind.

Feel free to mount an argument against that position as opposed to dislodging the context.
I'm not interested in stuff like steel handcuffs.

F

Moves
19 Oct 18

@philokalia said
The you is the abstract concept of the everyman, lol.

It applies to the universe.

Like, for instance, when a car crashes through the window of a storefront, a man might say,

"You don't see that every day!"

Or, a man reflecting on his previous life as a drug addict and trying to make an observation might say,

"You can try as hard as you want, but if you d ...[text shortened]... t truly, actually want to quit, you can't quit."

Do you (specifically you, FMF) see what I mean?
Surely this disingenuous prattle has nothing to do with the previous off-target prattle I was asking you about. Look, I'm interested in the stuff I mentioned and not in bathtubs and broken windows. Substance abuse could be relevant to what interests me about the OP quote but you'll just have to talk to someone else about all this other pretentious blather.

S. Korea

Moves
19 Oct 18

@fmf said
Surely this disingenuous prattle has nothing to do with the previous off-target prattle I was asking you about. Look, I'm interested in the stuff I mentioned and not in bathtubs and broken windows. Substance abuse could be relevant to what interests me about the OP quote but you'll just have to talk to someone else about all this other pretentious blather.
LOL, yiou asked me what I meant by "you"!

I decided to explain the basic English of it to you because I thought it was absurd for a native speaker to ask such a question...

And now you're like....

"Oh, look, that's not what I wanted...."

What do you want?

S. Korea

Moves
19 Oct 18

@fmf said
I'm not interested in stuff like steel handcuffs.
Obviously, it doesn't have to be steel handcuffs.

It can be your sickness, or your hunger, or your poverty, or the fact that you have to work 40 hours a week to survive, or the fact that you need a car to get into the city, or the fact that your mother died of cancer when you were 9 and you have been emotionally shook up to some degree ever since, never fully recovering from the heartbreak...

Are you really doing this?

Are you really pretending that ... like ... you suddenly can't extrapolate something?

I love you, FMF, and I hope that you put more effort into understandign content, and thus avoid these smug retorts.

F

Moves
19 Oct 18

@philokalia said
Obviously, it doesn't have to be steel handcuffs.

It can be your sickness, or your hunger, or your poverty, or the fact that you have to work 40 hours a week to survive, or the fact that you need a car to get into the city, or the fact that your mother died of cancer when you were 9 and you have been emotionally shook up to some degree ever since, never fully recovering ...[text shortened]... , and I hope that you put more effort into understandign content, and thus avoid these smug retorts.
If you talk about something interesting that is within the scope of what I mentioned, then I will have a look.

F

Moves
19 Oct 18

@philokalia said
It can be your sickness, or your hunger, or your poverty, or the fact that you have to work 40 hours a week to survive, or the fact that you need a car to get into the city, or the fact that your mother died of cancer when you were 9 and you have been emotionally shook up to some degree ever since, never fully recovering from the heartbreak...
Yes, sure, there can be psychological barriers to doing things like escaping the clutches of a religion or an ideology.

F

Moves
19 Oct 18

@philokalia said
I decided to explain the basic English of it to you because I thought it was absurd for a native speaker to ask such a question...
Which "question"? Which "native speaker"?

F

Moves
19 Oct 18

@philokalia said
I love you, FMF, and I hope that you put more effort into understandign content, and thus avoid these smug retorts.
"Smug retorts"?

F

Moves
19 Oct 18

@philokalia said
Are you really pretending that ... like ... you suddenly can't extrapolate something?
“It all begins and ends in your mind. What you give power to, has power over you, if you allow it.” What I am interested in is where "it" and "what" refers to adherence to or feeling bound to certain beliefs.