1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Oct '18 11:48
    @FMF

I did look within myself and I did listen to my own instincts and the result was that I shed the kind of superstitions that you have. Furthermore, I do not "blame" the Church or Christianity or the Christians around me for the decades of barking up the wrong religionist tree. Indeed, I basically recognized that it all begins and ends in our minds and that what we give power to, has power over us, if we allow i ...

On a technicality I lost some of the quote.

But I see your thoughts there. And I have no comment right now.
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    16 Oct '18 11:59
    @fmf said
    “It all begins and ends in your mind. What you give power to, has power over you, if you allow it.” Leon Brown

Your thoughts on this?
    “your life will not get straightened out until your mind does.”
    ― Joyce Meyer, Battlefield of the Mind: Winning the Battle in Your Mind
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Oct '18 12:19
    @dj2becker said
    Romans 8:5-7 English Standard Version (ESV)
    5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. 6 For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace. 7 For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God's law; indeed, it cannot.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '18 12:30
    @dj2becker said
    This probably applies to my 'departure' from Chritianity. My life, my mind -and the beliefs therein - got straightened out. Meyer probably has a point.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '18 12:32
    @kellyjay said
    5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. 6 For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace. 7 For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God's law; indeed, it cannot.
    Do you think that non-religious philosophising is of "the flesh"?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '18 12:34
    @kellyjay said
    Are Hindu beliefs, for example, of "the flesh"?
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Oct '18 13:05
    @fmf said
    Are Hindu beliefs, for example, of "the flesh"?
    Ask a Hindu.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Oct '18 13:05
    @fmf said
    Do you think that non-religious philosophising is of "the flesh"?
    Without the Spirit of God within, its all of the flesh.
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    16 Oct '18 13:19
    @kellyjay said
    2 Corinthians 10:3-5

Though we live in the flesh, we do not wage war according to the flesh. weapons of our warfare are not the weapons of the world. Instead, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We tear down arguments, and every presumption set up against the knowledge of God; and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.…
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    16 Oct '18 13:23
    @fmf said
    This probably applies to my 'departure' from Chritianity. My life, my mind -and the beliefs therein - got straightened out. Meyer probably has a point.
    How exactly was your life more crooked as a Christian than it is now?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '18 14:01
    @kellyjay said
    Ask a Hindu.
    Do you believe that Hindu beliefs, for example, are of "the flesh"?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '18 14:02
    @dj2becker said
    How exactly was your life more crooked as a Christian than it is now?
    I must have answered different versions of this question from you 20 or 30 times in the last 2 years. Why are you asking me again?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '18 14:031 edit
    @kellyjay said
    Without the Spirit of God within, its all of the flesh.
    Does this, by any chance, pertain bonly to your religion?
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    16 Oct '18 14:281 edit
    @fmf said
    I must have answered different versions of this question from you 20 or 30 times in the last 2 years. Why are you asking me again?
    30 times? You need to get off the hallucinogens. I may have asked you a similar question once or twice before and I do recall you having dodged with the exact same cop out that you are using now.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '18 14:33
    @dj2becker said
    30 times?
    Yes. Something like that. I answered it the first 5-6 times in depth. I then gave you a shorter version of it maybe 10 times when you pretended I hadn't answered. After that, I just told you however many times it was ~ 10 or 15 times maybe ~ to go back and simply read what I'd said previously as my answer had not changed.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree