1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '18 14:34
    @dj2becker said
    I may have asked you a similar question once or twice before and I do recall you having dodged with the exact same cop out that you are using now.
    My account of my life as a Christian is no longer any of your business.
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    16 Oct '18 14:56
    @fmf said
    My account of my life as a Christian is no longer any of your business.
    You should not talk about anything you are uncomfortable with.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Oct '18 15:05
    @fmf said
    Do you believe that Hindu beliefs, for example, are of "the flesh"?
    Nope, but they are also not of God either.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '18 15:06
    @dj2becker said
    You should not talk about anything you are uncomfortable with.
    I was comfortable discussing it with you in 2016 and in 2017 - and have been comfortable discussing with just about anyone here going back a decade - but then I realized what your game was. So, now my account of my life as a Christian is no longer any of your business and I am not interested in your questions about it.
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    16 Oct '18 15:40
    @fmf said
    I was comfortable discussing it with you in 2016 and in 2017 - and have been comfortable discussing with just about anyone here going back a decade - but then I realized what your game was. So, now my account of my life as a Christian is no longer any of your business and I am not interested in your questions about it.
    lol
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    16 Oct '18 15:56
    @fmf said
    Yes. Something like that. I answered it the first 5-6 times in depth. I then gave you a shorter version of it maybe 10 times when you pretended I hadn't answered. After that, I just told you however many times it was ~ 10 or 15 times maybe ~ to go back and simply read what I'd said previously as my answer had not changed.
    LOL
  7. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    17 Oct '18 10:58
    @fmf said
    “It all begins and ends in your mind. What you give power to, has power over you, if you allow it.” Leon Brown

Your thoughts on this?
    What do you think Leon Brown meant by the term "mind"?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Oct '18 11:07
    @secondson said
    What do you think Leon Brown meant by the term "mind"?
    I don't much care what he personally might of meant exactly by the word "mind". He made a pithy statement and it is up to each of us to make of it what we will. For me, our "minds" are the seat of our individual human spirits, identities, emotions, moral codes, memories, personhoods, souls, all any upshots or products of our capacity for abstraction, etc. All this happens in the "mind". It doesn't happen in the "heart" except in poetry and other metaphorical writing. The "heart" pumps blood. The "mind" is the organ where our consciousness resides.
  9. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    17 Oct '18 19:47
    @fmf said
    I don't much care what he personally might of meant exactly by the word "mind". He made a pithy statement and it is up to each of us to make of it what we will. For me, our "minds" are the seat of our individual human spirits, identities, emotions, moral codes, memories, personhoods, souls, all any upshots or products of our capacity for abstraction, etc. All this happens in the ...[text shortened]... aphorical writing. The "heart" pumps blood. The "mind" is the organ where our consciousness resides.
    The brain is an organ. Are you saying the mind is in the brain?
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    17 Oct '18 20:001 edit
    @secondson said
    Wise man say, 'If brain transplanted into another skull, the mind will follow.'
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Oct '18 21:45
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Wise man say, 'If brain transplanted into another skull, the mind will follow.'
    This is where you fail.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Oct '18 23:22
    @secondson said
    Yes, I expressed it poorly at the end. It should have read "All this happens in the "mind" which resides in the "brain". It doesn't happen in the "heart" except in poetry and other metaphorical writing. The "heart" pumps blood. The "brain" is the host of our "mind"; it is the organ where our consciousness resides.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Oct '18 00:26
    @fmf said
    Yes, I expressed it poorly at the end. It should have read "All this happens in the "mind" which resides in the "brain". It doesn't happen in the "heart" except in poetry and other metaphorical writing. The "heart" pumps blood. The "brain" is the host of our "mind"; it is the organ where our consciousness resides.
    One mind.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Oct '18 03:07
    YouTube&t=1115s

The speaker - Witness Lee

The spirit, the highest part of our whole being.
    We have to be regenerated in our spirit and learn to do everything from our spirit.

Listen to about 40 minutes in to the end. If you cannot listen from beginning to end.

The man was made from the dust of the ground. God breathed into man the nephesha the breath of life which became man's spirit. The joining of the spirit out from God as His breath and the body made of dust caused man to become a living soul.

The spirit in man was meant to be the highest part in man. The mind was to be under the spirit.
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Oct '18 07:35
    @karoly-aczel said
    This is where you fail.
    While your failure invariably begins when you regain morning consciousness.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree