It is easier for a camel...

It is easier for a camel...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
21 Sep 18

Moves
21 Sep 18

Originally posted by @fmf
The notion that being angry with one's 'brother' is equally as evil as murdering 6,000,000 Jews was a supposedly "objective" and "absolutely morally true" Christian analysis of "evil" that cropped up repeatedly about a year or so ago on threads you were contributing to. I notice that you never stood up to such nonsense or even questioned it, that's all. That's ...[text shortened]... t you believe. So being angry with one's 'brother' is "evil" because "evil is evil". Understood.
You would have to assume an absolute standard when comparing evil deeds in the first place if you wish to present anything other than your own subjective opinions on the issue. If there is no objective standard who is to say that getting angry with your brother is not equally as evil as murdering 6 million Jews? On what basis would they be wrong in saying that if you had no unchanging standard to refer to? If you reject the Bible and what it says you are simply left with your own subjective opinions.

Moves
21 Sep 18

Originally posted by @kellyjay
I already told you, I thought you were speaking about me, but when you used the word “I”, I had to assume you were speaking about you.
‘When (I) used the would “I””

What do you mean “when”? I didn’t edit the post, so at which point when you were reading my post did you think I was talking about you, and at which point did you think I was talking about me?

It sounds like you are trying to cover up your casual dishonesty by claiming that you thought my post meant two things simultaneously.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Sep 18

Originally posted by @divegeester

What do you mean “when”? I didn’t edit the post, so at which point when you were reading my post did you think I was talking about you, and at which point did you think I was talking about me?

It sounds like you are trying to cover up your casual dishonesty by claiming that you thought my post meant two things simultaneously.
Kind of like you and Bronwen existing simultaneously? That kind of casual dishonesty?

Or the casual dishonesty where you’re a Christian and ex-Christian at the same time?

T

Moves
21 Sep 18
4 edits

[b]"He "never knew". Therefore only those who do not sin are known to Jesus. "

The scripture says all have sinned, so who are these who never have sinned?

I'm glad you see sinners and evil doers are the same, I'm surprised you think the Bible
lied about all sinning. You think John and whoever wrote the book of Hebrews were liars
too, because it ...[text shortened]... s 8:12
For I will be merciful toward their iniquities, and I will remember their sins no more.”[/b]
Once again:
Those that don’t believe are condemned already, and there is going to be many who say Lord to Jesus who Jesus is going to say, “Depart from me I never knew you.”

Never mind that Jesus clearly and unambiguously states that He will say that to those who have not ceased to do evil.

Matthew 7
23Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’
KJ, I'll try to keep it as simple as possible for you. Following is a translation of Matthew 7:23 in its entirety:
<<Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'>>

Jesus explicitly names those to whom He will say He "never knew": " Evildoers"

You can pretend otherwise, but Jesus said what He said and was very explicit about it. You can either accept it or reject it. Thus far you've rejected it.
In Matthew 7:23 Jesus explicitly named "evildoers" as those to whom He will say He "never knew". Therefore only those who do not sin are known to Jesus.

Either you accept or reject what Jesus said in Matthew 7:23. Thus far you have been rejecting it.

You've been disingenuously ducking the point for quite a few post now. Why are you so dishonest? Have you no integrity whatsoever?

Address the point already!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Sep 18

Originally posted by @divegeester

Move on dive, I don't care what you think, since your going to rip me whatever I say.
You using the word "I" and me thinking you could be talking about you, is not important to
me one way or another.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Sep 18

Originally posted by @thinkofone
Once again:
[quote][b]Those that don’t believe are condemned already, and there is going to be many who say Lord to Jesus who Jesus is going to say, “Depart from me I never knew you.”

Never mind that Jesus clearly and unambiguously states that He will say that to those who have not ceased to do evil.

Matthew 7
23Then I will tell them plain ...[text shortened]... t now. Why are you so dishonest? Have you no integrity whatsoever?

Address the point already![/b]
You are the one calling sinners and evil doers righteous before God not me.
If all have sinned than there is no way Jesus could know any of us, if what you are saying
is that there are those how have never sinned. You have issues with scripture, either there
are those that live without sin or there are not. Can you name of these sinless people?

Moves
21 Sep 18

Move on dive, I don't care what you think, since your going to rip me whatever I say.
You using the word "I" and me thinking you could be talking about you, is not important to
me one way or another.
I assure you on my word I will not “rip you whatever you say”.

However my carefully laid out point in the post you are replying to is, I believe, absolutely spot on. If it is and you hold your hand up and admitted it, I would have a lot more respect for you.

T

Moves
21 Sep 18
1 edit

me one way or another.
Stop already. What DG meant was quite clear. Stop playing the victim.

If you didn't have poor reading comprehension skills, you would have understood what DG was saying.

It not only keeps you from understanding other posters, its also keeps you from understanding scripture as well.

Set your pride aside, put your big boy pants on and get help with your reading comprehension skills.

T

Moves
21 Sep 18
2 edits

You are the one calling sinners and evil doers righteous before God not me.
If all have sinned than there is no way Jesus could know any of us, if what you are saying
is that there are those how have never sinned. You have issues with scripture, either there
are those that live without sin or there are not. Can you name of these sinless people?
Once again:

I know that's what you believe.

Once again, stating what you believe does not in any way change what Jesus said in Matthew 7:23.

In Matthew 7:23 Jesus explicitly named "evildoers" as those to whom He will say He "never knew".

Of course, if your belief that no one can cease to sin is true, then Jesus would be saying that He "never knew" anyone. On the other hand, if that belief is not true, then Jesus would be saying exactly what He actually said. Imagine that.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Sep 18

Once again:

I know that's what you believe.

Once again, stating what you believe does not in any way change what Jesus said in Matthew 7:23.

In Matthew 7:23 Jesus explicitly named "evildoers" as those to whom He will say He "never knew".

Of course, [b]if your belief that no one can cease to sin is true, then Jesus would be saying th ...[text shortened]... uld be saying exactly what He actually said. Imagine that.

Well show me some people who don't sin, show me some people who have never sinned
that Jesus' knows by your standard. I've pointed out to you that the scriptures deny there
are any! Names please, countries they live in, works they have done, who are these sinless?

T

Moves
21 Sep 18

Well show me some people who don't sin, show me some people who have never sinned
that Jesus' knows by your standard. I've pointed out to you that the scriptures deny there
are any! Names please, countries they live in, works they have done, who are these sinless?
Reread the portion in BOLD in my previous post.

Do you really not understand what the words "cease to sin" really mean? Are you unable to make a distinction between that and "never sinned"?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Sep 18
2 edits

Reread the portion in BOLD in my previous post.

Do you really not understand what the words "cease to sin" really mean? Are you unable to make a distinction between that and "never sinned"?
Well be clear what you mean, people can run down the street murder, rape, steal then
go home and sit on a chair and cease to sin does that mean that Jesus now knows them?

If they have sinned, they have sinned, and they are sinners no matter if they stop for a
day, or an hour, or the rest of their lives. If they sin once is all it takes and we have life
times of that with us. How does this work in your world? Who are these people again that
don't sin, name one!

T

Moves
21 Sep 18
10 edits

Well be clear what you mean, people can run down the street murder, rape, steal then
go home and sit on a chair and cease to sin does that mean that Jesus now knows them?

If they have sinned, they have sinned, and they are sinners no matter if they stop for a
day, or an hour, or the rest of their lives. If they sin once is all it takes and we have lif ...[text shortened]... with us. How does this work in your world? Who are these people again that
don't sin, name one!

C'mon KJ. You can't really be that dim. If they "run down the street murder, rape, steal" they haven't ceased to sin, have they? When they no longer sin, they have ceased to sin. Jesus says "I never knew you" to those who have NOT ceased to sin - those who continue to do evil - evildoers. It's not that complicated..

Isaiah 1
16“Wash yourselves, make yourselves clean;
Remove the evil of your deeds from My sight.
Cease to do evil,

Luke 6
43“No good tree bears bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit. 44Each tree is recognized by its own fruit. People do not pick figs from thornbushes, or grapes from briers. 45A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of.

It's about transformation: From a bad tree to a good tree. From one with an evil heart to one with a good heart.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
21 Sep 18

What is the difference between a sinner and a evil doer?

You think that when one sins it isn’t evil, do you think sinning is a righteous act?

You think sinning is good and not wicked?
We are all sinners.
We are not all evildoers.